2020 NFL Draft

rico

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope with the first pick the Colts be able to get a WR or a DT.

Of course different "services" have different picks, but I am seeing that quite a few have the Colts taking CeeDee Lamb.  A WR out of Oklahoma.

13 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A Heisman winning National Champion QB originally from Ohio.  A stud DE from Ohio State.  Cincinnati holding the #1 pick. The draft's biggest question.....how will the Bungles #$%^ this up?

Pick the player who they think is the best in the draft and don't just draft for need.  If they think Burrow is the #1 then pick him, if they think Young is the best then pick him.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pick the player who they think is the best in the draft and don't just draft for need.  If they think Burrow is the #1 then pick him, if they think Young is the best then pick him.

Oh come on....the Bengals can get more creative than that when finding ways to screw up.  I'm talking like trading the #1 to Washington for Alex Smith and a 2047 2nd round pick. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Or maybe they will just draft Akilie Smith again

Or maybe they do the unthinkable: draft someone that's dead.  "With the first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select.....Bronko Nagurski."

Mike Brown at the press conference later that evening "It came to our attention that Bronko had never gone through the modern NFL draft process and as such, was eligible. We're honored to add such a legendary name to the organization."  Then he lights a cigar with a copy of the Hamilton County tax statute that's paying for Paul Brown Stadium, drops a deuce right on the floor and leaves.

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Or maybe they do the unthinkable: draft someone that's dead.  "With the first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select.....Bronko Nagurski."

Mike Brown at the press conference later that evening "It came to our attention that Bronko had never gone through the modern NFL draft process and as such, was eligible. We're honored to add such a legendary name to the organization."  Then he lights a cigar with a copy of the Hamilton County tax statute that's paying for Paul Brown Stadium, drops a deuce right on the floor and leaves.

They might just allow a computer to choose their draft pick LOL!

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Given their history, unless that computer is HAL, it may be an improvement.

In all seriousness the Bengals need to bring in a front office that know football and not just have Brown try to run everything... When the Colts first moved here the older Irsay meddled into everything and had Jim be the GM and it was horrible.  Not until the father passed away and Jim took ownership and brought in actual football guys did the Colts start winning.

38 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Mike Brown at the press conference later that evening "It came to our attention that Bronko had never gone through the modern NFL draft process and as such, was eligible. We're honored to add such a legendary name to the organization." 

"And he scored a 32 on the Wonderlic test."

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Still haven't gotten a response from anyone on what truly separates him and Hurts.  Their measurements are exact.  Hurts just put up better numbers than the last 2 Heisman's playing in the exact same system.  

I didn't really watch much of either of them TBH.  I am intrigued with Tua due to injury and how teams view is stock value.

Jokes aside with one of the more embarrassing franchises in sports.....wouldn't be surprised one bit if Burrow talks to Bengals about direction, is AJ Green coming back,etc...he doesn't have the juice that Eli and his family had to force a trade but I won't be shocked if the conversation takes place. Only one reason the Bengals didn't hire Joe Brady. $. Lack of commitment. 

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Jokes aside with one of the more embarrassing franchises in sports.....wouldn't be surprised one bit if Burrow talks to Bengals about direction, is AJ Green coming back,etc...he doesn't have the juice that Eli and his family had to force a trade but I won't be shocked if the conversation takes place. Only one reason the Bengals didn't hire Joe Brady. $. Lack of commitment. 

Interesting that Burrow doesn't have to sign, and it doesn't take clout to do it.  Just sit out a year, and barring a trade, his name goes back into the draft in 2021.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting that Burrow doesn't have to sign, and it doesn't take clout to do it.  Just sit out a year, and barring a trade, his name goes back into the draft in 2021.

He doesn't strike me as a kid that would do that but in this day in age (see my qb for Bears) you sometimes get one shot to become Watson or Blake Bortles. Can be the difference between $25 Million with first contract and $100 M with second contract. Not saying he'll do anything like this but given the stakes I'd sure ask the questions. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He doesn't strike me as a kid that would do that but in this day in age (see my qb for Bears) you sometimes get one shot to become Watson or Blake Bortles. Can be the difference between $25 Million with first contract and $100 M with second contract. Not saying he'll do anything like this but given the stakes I'd sure ask the questions. 

Regardless, both parties have options.  I mean the Dolphins need a QB and have 3 first round picks with their highest being #5.

Archived