2020 NFL Draft

rico

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I just saw that...unless Cincy in just totally enamored with Burrow, I'd tell Miami trade up to the 2 spot, throw in your pick at 18 this year, one of your 2 2nd rounders this year, and one of the two 1st rounders you have next year...take Chase at 2 and look for a QB at 18 this year, or have 2 shots at Lawrence next year (if he comes out)

Interesting.  If I am Miami I go after Bridgewater and keep my picks to put pieces around him.  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I just saw that...unless Cincy in just totally enamored with Burrow, I'd tell Miami trade up to the 2 spot, throw in your pick at 18 this year, one of your 2 2nd rounders this year, and one of the two 1st rounders you have next year...take Chase at 2 and look for a QB at 18 this year, or have 2 shots at Lawrence next year (if he comes out)

How could they take Chase young at two when they wouldn't be drafting at 2

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I said, have Miami trade up to the 2 spot, and, with the picks I specified and that 2nd pick, Cincy takes Chase and go from there...

How could Cincy still draft Chase Young if they make this trade because they would be picking 5th and there is no way Young will get past the 2nd pick which belongs to the Redskins.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How could Cincy still draft Chase Young if they make this trade because they would be picking 5th and there is no way Young will get past the 2nd pick which belongs to the Redskins.

That's the stipulation. Miami trades up to the 2, NOT THE 1, and Cincy passes on Burrow, takes Chase, gets the 18th pick in the 1st round this year, and 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st next year...

Or, to be more clear, Miami trades up to the 2, Cincy picks Burrow, Miami picks Chase, they swap those 2 with the other Miami picks specified

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's the stipulation. Miami trades up to the 2, NOT THE 1, and Cincy passes on Burrow, takes Chase, gets the 18th pick in the 1st round this year, and 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st next year...

Or, to be more clear, Miami trades up to the 2, Cincy picks Burrow, Miami picks Chase, they swap those 2 with the other Miami picks specified

How would Cincy get the 18th pick since they would have to give that up to the Redskins to get the 2nd pick

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How would Cincy get the 18th pick since they would have to give that up to the Redskins to get the 2nd pick

Miami has 18 and 26, along with 2 2nd rounders this year, and 2 firsts next year.

I'm sure picks and players could be worked to get #2 away from the Redskins

Just now, IUFLA said:

Miami has 18 and 26, along with 2 2nd rounders this year, and 2 firsts next year.

I'm sure picks and players could be worked to get #2 away from the Redskins

I would doubt that they would want to make a trade to the 2nd and giving up those picks then turn around and trade more picks to the Bengals to move up one more spot to #1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would doubt that they would want to make a trade to the 2nd and giving up those picks then turn around and trade more picks to the Bengals to move up one more spot to #1

If they want Burrow, that would be my asking price.

Look what the Bears gave to move up for Trubisky

1 minute ago, rico said:

You just had to offer the scenario, didn't ya?  LMAO  These are the kind of things that make Scott a site legend!  Take heart, I knew exactly what you were saying.

So you are saying that it is a good thing for the Dolphins to make both of those trades because to me that would be a horrendous idea.  You want Burrow you offer a trade that the Bengals can't refuse and then move on.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you are saying that it is a good thing for the Dolphins to make both of those trades because to me that would be a horrendous idea.  You want Burrow you offer a trade that the Bengals can't refuse and then move on.

Ok, what would you offer?

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I stated what I would do if I was Miami...IUFLA stated a projected trade.  It is just his possible scenario.  Kind of along the lines of Penny Hardaway for Chris Webber ...

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You offer the Bengals the 5th, 18th and second round this year and next years #1.  Actually if it were me I wouldn't trade up for any of these QB's in this years draft.

The scenario only came up when rico cited the link saying Stephen Ross "coveted" Burrow...if he covets him that much, I'm milking him like a Jersey...

You yourself said that Chase was the best player in the draft, no?

So if it's me, I get either him or Burrow...

And if I can get Chase and additional picks, winner, winner, chicken dinner...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I give up

@IU Scott  

It's essentially a 3 team trade.

Dolphins get the 1

Bengals get the 2 and some accessory picks that are very nice

Washington gets the 5 and some also nice accessory picks

Do you understand now?

Scott, your scenario would work as well except Bengals wouldn't be getting Young at 5 so...no trade.  Thus as IUFLA has suggested, the third team, the owner of the #2 pick.   

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

@IU Scott  

It's essentially a 3 team trade.

Dolphins get the 1

Bengals get the 2 and some accessory picks that are very nice

Washington gets the 5 and some also nice accessory picks

Do you understand now?

Scott, your scenario would work as well except Bengals wouldn't be getting Young at 5 so...no trade.  Thus as IUFLA has suggested, the third team, the owner of the #2 pick.   

I understand it completely but I am saying it is a waste to involve a 3rd team.  I have been watching the NFL draft for years and I don't remember a big 3 team trade in the NFL.  The only one I can think of did not happen during the draft but during the season when the Colts got Eric Dickerson.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I understand it completely but I am saying it is a waste to involve a 3rd team.  I have been watching the NFL draft for years and I don't remember a big 3 team trade in the NFL.  The only one I can think of did not happen during the draft but during the season when the Colts got Eric Dickerson.

Your scenario does not get Chase Young at the number 5 pick.  

Feel free to carry on this conversation with FLA but Cincy will get Burrow or Chase and a few picks.  It would take 3 teams.  The end.  

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Your scenario does not get Chase Young at the number 5 pick.  

Feel free to carry on this conversation with FLA but Cincy will get Burrow or Chase and a few picks.  It would take 3 teams.  The end.  

I am saying it would be dumb for Miami to make both of those trades because they would have to give up more in this scenario than just going to #1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am saying it would be dumb for Miami to make both of those trades because they would have to give up more in this scenario than just going to #1

depends on how bad they want Burrow.  

Here is a tidbit I found about their GM when looking for his contract.  "has more than 20 years of NFL experience at various levels of NFL personnel departments and front offices." 

What am I trying to say?  We don't know piss compared to him.  

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

depends on how bad they want Burrow.  

Here is a tidbit I found about their GM when looking for his contract.  "has more than 20 years of NFL experience at various levels of NFL personnel departments and front offices." 

What am I trying to say?  We don't know piss compared to him.  

Just would not give away a lot my draft for a one hit wonder

Archived