2020 NFL Draft

rico

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ok Mr. Talent Scout, I mean Scott.  

In your opinion.  Lawrence or Burrow and why?

Lawrence because he will have shown it for 3 years and has a bigger arm and has more mobility.  Not saying Burrow won't be great but just would be leery of drafting him after just one big year.  Also it harder to tell if QB's will transition to the NFL because they are not under center in college.  also it is hard to see if they can read defenses since college is based on 1 or 2 reads instead of the whole field.  since they look over to the coaches to change the plays will they be able to do audible  in the nFL.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Lawrence because he will have shown it for 3 years and has a bigger arm and has more mobility.  Not saying Burrow won't be great but just would be leery of drafting him after just one big year.

You do know that Trevor Lawrence is a true soph?  

Burrow completed 76% of his passes on 60 tds.  Lawrence, 65% on 36.  Burrow had 2 less ints on 120 more attempts.  Sure it's extremely hard to tell who is going to be a better pro.  The only flag I see on Burrow was his judgement to throw LSU under the bus.

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

You do know that Trevor Lawrence is a true soph?  

Burrow completed 76% of his passes on 60 tds.  Lawrence, 65% on 36.  Burrow had 2 less ints on 120 more attempts.  Sure it's extremely hard to tell who is going to be a better pro.  The only flag I see on Burrow was his judgement to throw LSU under the bus.

By the time he gets drafted drafted Lawrence will have started 3 years.  Like I said Burrow might turn out great but he did it for 1 year so I would be cautious drafting him #1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

By the time he gets drafted drafted Lawrence will have started 3 years.  Like I said Burrow might turn out great but he did it for 1 year so I would be cautious drafting him #1

As it currently stands.  Your team needs a quarterback next year.  Would you take Lawrence or trade down?

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lawrence will have started 3 years in a ho-hum conference...whereas Burrow did his damage against the perceived best conference in America.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Lawrence will have started 3 years in a ho-hum conference...whereas Burrow did his damage against the perceived best conference in America.

Exhibit A.  Not one ACC team in the top 10, not even Clemson themselves.  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-leads-all-conferences-in-players-on-nfl-active-rosters-and-its-not-even-close/

CONFERENCE PLAYERS ON NFL ROSTERS
SEC 339
Big Ten 253
ACC 215
Pac-12 189
Big 12 131

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

As it currently stands.  Your team needs a quarterback next year.  Would you take Lawrence or trade down?

I don't think I would want to trade up for any QB that is not a can't miss prospect like a Elway or Luck or a Manning.  I just don't see taking a chance on a #1 pick if that QB will be no better than say a Mathew Stafford.  Way to many misses the last 10 years in the first round so if you think that QB is a franchise QB them make the trade.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think I would want to trade up for any QB that is not a can't miss prospect like a Elway or Luck or a Manning.  I just don't see taking a chance on a #1 pick if that QB will be no better than say a Mathew Stafford.  Way to many misses the last 10 years in the first round so if you think that QB is a franchise QB them make the trade.

And there we have it...straight from Mel Kiper, Jr......

Just now, IU Scott said:

Mathew Stafford has been inconsistent but seems to have always had lingering injuries.  He's also been in the top 10 in total quarterback ratings 3 of the last 4 years.  Pretty decent floor.  

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You have the number one pick next year.   You pass on Lawrence at one?  That's what I meant.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Thing is. He made those improvements in one year with competent coaching. I could make a much better case for him developing in the future if he took a big leap in 1 year like he did. Chase Young on the other hand?

If your opponent is down 28-0 it's pretty easy to know what the other team is going to do  so maybe he isn't as good considering opponent was likely throwing the ball all the time to catch up. 

36 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Great read, in depth and informative.  

I thought it was pretty good article myself.  We have been talking picks as opposed to giving up proven commodities for the #1 choice.  Made me remember the Colts trading for the #1 pick to get Jeff George.  Giving up Andre Rison and Chris Hinton.  

15 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought it was pretty good article myself.  We have been talking picks as opposed to giving up proven commodities for the #1 choice.  Made me remember the Colts trading for the #1 pick to get Jeff George.  Giving up Andre Rison and Chris Hinton.  

Horrible trade and another bad trade for the Colts was trading two 1st round picks for Fred Young.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Horrible trade and another bad trade for the Colts was trading two 1st round picks for Fred Young.

That has nothing to do with it...the point is that the Bengals might be willing to receiving proven players for that #1.  And if McCaffery is thrown out there along with Cam Newton?

Archived