2020 NFL Draft

rico

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting that Burrow doesn't have to sign, and it doesn't take clout to do it.  Just sit out a year, and barring a trade, his name goes back into the draft in 2021.

Interesting thought...and if the Bengals can't convince him he won't be the next David Carr a viable option...

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Regardless, both parties have options.  I mean the Dolphins need a QB and have 3 first round picks with their highest being #5.

Very true as well. To be honest, the kid has all the chips here...even the Bengals aren't stupid enough to think simply by drafting him, they have him over a barrel...if you can't sign him, get what you can...I seem to remember the Chargers doing ok in the Eli Manning trade (Rivers along with I think 3 high picks)...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rico said:

Regardless, both parties have options.  I mean the Dolphins need a QB and have 3 first round picks with their highest being #5.

Yep. Between QB's coming in and free agency, retirement....this will be the craziest off season for QB's ever in the NFL. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Newton, Dalton, Mariota, Bridgewater, Winston, Tannehill....

9 minutes ago, rico said:

It just occurred to me that Miami doesn't have to draft a QB.  They got Rosen,remember him?  But yet most mocks have the Fins taking Tua.

Josh Rosen is another perfect example of why Burrow should do his due diligence. Rosen has been replaced multiple times already and he's just entering his 3rd year. Dolphins ownership and their remaining fans need a face of the franchise or hope if you will. Rosen isn't doing that. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even though Burrow looked great this year I am still not convinced he is this great franchise QB.  Draft Chase Young this year and still tank next year and get Lawrence would be a good strategy.

Well if the Bengals aren't convinced he is their franchise QB then I would be shopping that #1 pick.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Draft history has shown that they are.  But no shame in getting a bonanza of picks for that #1 pick.  

I agree but I think Young is far and away the best player in the draft.  If you can get you Bruce Smith to lead your defense for 10+ years I would do it.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree but I think Young is far and away the best player in the draft.  If you can get you Bruce Smith to lead your defense for 10+ years I would do it.

For the sake of conversation. People thought Clowney was the biggest can't miss defensive player either. Always risk....but which one has the higher upside if they hit? Defensive End or QB? In today's game the answer is obvious.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the sake of conversation. People thought Clowney was the biggest can't miss defensive player either. Always risk....but which one has the higher upside if they hit? Defensive End or QB? In today's game the answer is obvious.

Put it this way would you rather have JJ Watt or Mathew Stafford.  To me I am being very generous to compare Burrow to Stafford.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Mahommes but I don't see any of these QB's being that great.  Look at the QB's this weekend and the highest pick was Tannyhill at 8th so I think it would be best to pick the BPA early and get your QB later.

Was Mahommes thought of as being a franchise QB?

51 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And if they do....well, they're still idiots, just for many, many different reasons.

The Bengals are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

IIRC the Giants trading for Eli Manning netted the Chargers Rivers and Merriman.  The Giants won a couple of SB's but there is nothing wrong with that trade.  The Bengals could accomplish that this year as well.

22 minutes ago, rico said:

I just saw that...unless Cincy in just totally enamored with Burrow, I'd tell Miami trade up to the 2 spot, throw in your pick at 18 this year, one of your 2 2nd rounders this year, and one of the two 1st rounders you have next year...take Chase at 2 and look for a QB at 18 this year, or have 2 shots at Lawrence next year (if he comes out)

Archived