New Penn State scandal?

The hazing alleged in the suit includes the participants stating that they intended to make the underclassmen "their b---- because this is a prison."

-- by saying, "I am going to Sandusky you."

The actions included wrestling underclassmen to the ground while maintaining restraint, simulating a "humping" action; wrestling underclassmen to the ground while another participant placed his genitals on the face of underclassmen; and instances of the participants placing their genitals on the buttocks of the alleged victims and stroking their genitalia.

A) You stay classy, State College.

B) Hazing? Sounds like sexual assault to me. 

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Looks like there is a new Penn State scandal.  Hopefully it isn't true because that would be despicable behavior by all involved.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28484451/former-nittany-lions-player-files-federal-lawsuit-james-franklin-penn-state-hazing

I don't want to paint broad strokes but if there is one school out there that should never have any problems of this type you would think it would be Penn St. Absolutely despicable. Only problem is besides $....how can they be punished? 

I questioned when Franklin was hired.  Given the scandal PSU was in when he replaced O'Brian, he wasn't squeaky clean. 

If I remember correctly,  he had at least two players being investigated for sexual assault and he reportedly tried to sweep it under the rug.

42 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I questioned when Franklin was hired.  Given the scandal PSU was in when he replaced O'Brian, he wasn't squeaky clean. 

If I remember correctly,  he had at least two players being investigated for sexual assault and he reportedly tried to sweep it under the rug.

This was Franklin at Vandy. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/10858666/james-franklin-contacted-alleged-rape-victim-vanderbilt-commodores

4 hours ago, Kodos said:

Wow. So glad we have Tom Allen.

And Archie Miller. And Jeff Mercer. And Todd Yeagley. 

Say what you want about any of them (because there isn't that much negative to begin with), but I completely believe that none of them would put up with any of that horse%&# for 3 seconds longer than it took for him to find out about it.

And despite not traditionally having as many of these type of issues compared to mens' programs, I'd be making a huge omission leaving Teri Moren out, as I believe she's as strong in character (to say nothing of talent) as any of the others and would deal with equivalent issues accordingly.

Archived