Iowa loses to Louisiana

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

80-71 in Grand Cayman. If there is any game of the 5 game stretch that we NEED to get, its this one. 

I said in another thread that the game against Iowa in December is the most important game we have coming up.  We have to beat teams like that at home.  I would feel very discouraged with a loss in that game.

I'll give Wisconsin credit for making a game of it.  If Wisconsin is on the floor, you can bet the game will be ugly and it was.  Baylor looked really tight closing that one out...gave up a 19-point lead before they staggered to the finish line in an ugly game-ending foul-fest for a 5-point win.

Baylor had a lot more talent and experience on the floor than Wisconsin did.  Pretty apparent to me that Drew is a better recruiter than coach.

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know we can't count on them being out yet. But maybe these are the early signs of Wisconsin returning to the pack? Also LSU beating Michigan was a little surprising too.

I know I am probably setting myself up for heartbreak, but with the Iowa and UM scores mentioned in this thread I am hoping we can get our stuff together enough in time to open B1G play 2-0 next month.  

Never know what can happen. IU plays at Michigan (game starts at 1230). Catch them early in the year, early in the day at a gym that historically has trouble selling seats maybe we can sneak in there and get a win?

On that same subject. Does anyone know if our game vs Iowa on Monday the 4th is part of Student Ticket package? Or just public. Hopefully it's the prior. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Never know what can happen. IU plays at Michigan (game starts at 1230). Catch them early in the year, early in the day at a gym that historically has trouble selling seats maybe we can sneak in there and get a win?

On that same subject. Does anyone know if our game vs Iowa on Monday the 4th is part of Student Ticket package? Or just public. Hopefully it's the prior. 

I'm guessing student since it wasn't part of the mini series package.  Also, as I type this Iowa is losing to South Dakota St. 

Archived