IU vs Rutgers game thread

I will say this in here as well. I was in the big minority in what you would change thread. I'll stand by what I said there last week. Ball has to go into post. Doesn't mean we have to shoot from there but it has to go in there almost 3/4 of the time. It's just not that hard. Can't believe we get to 22-21 after spotting 12 and have 4 minutes of silence.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rico said:

Bad guard play.  

We had the momentum until the Green TO>Green bad three>Al TO offensive sequences. You just can't have those string of possessions on the road where the ball never makes it under the rim for a meaningful play that makes their defense work. At least not the way out team is constructed you can't. 

Green and Smith needs to sit because neither brought it tonight and it is a same that your upper class man can't bring energy every night.  Smith with unforced turnovers and two air balls that did not even get close to the rim.  Green can't handle the ball and takes bad shots.  Always have that stretch before halftime where we can't score and goes through that usual drought.

5 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

We had the momentum until the Green TO>Green bad three>Al TO offensive sequences. You just can't have those string of possessions on the road where the ball never makes it under the rim for a meaningful play that makes their defense work. At least not the way out team is constructed you can't. 

Those guys can’t be on the floor at the same time..nothing good ever comes from it.  

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I will say this in here as well. I was in the big minority in what you would change thread. I'll stand by what I said there last week. Ball has to go into post. Doesn't mean we have to shoot from there but it has to go in there almost 3/4 of the time. It's just not that hard. Can't believe we get to 22-21 after spotting 12 and have 4 minutes of silence.

Agree on ball going into post. I don’t think your in the minority there. It’s the obvious choice for a poor shooting team. Even Rutgers knows this...

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Love it. Throw em a juice box at halftime and all is good. Wish I had thought of trhat when mine were little.

I don't know which of you 3 should have child services called on you, just thankful CS didn't really exist when my kids were young!  

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly, it is pretty hard to get the ball into the post when you play a lineup with 3 guys who absolutely cannot shoot at all, and two guards who are just so-so shooters. The defense is not dumb - they know where we want to go.

Archived