Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

IU vs Rutgers game thread

Recommended Posts

I will say this in here as well. I was in the big minority in what you would change thread. I'll stand by what I said there last week. Ball has to go into post. Doesn't mean we have to shoot from there but it has to go in there almost 3/4 of the time. It's just not that hard. Can't believe we get to 22-21 after spotting 12 and have 4 minutes of silence.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rico said:

Bad guard play.  

We had the momentum until the Green TO>Green bad three>Al TO offensive sequences. You just can't have those string of possessions on the road where the ball never makes it under the rim for a meaningful play that makes their defense work. At least not the way out team is constructed you can't. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well good luck the rest of the game. I just yelled at my kid because we’re terrible and have no discipline. That’s my cue to check out for the night lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have made 100% of our free throws...

IU shoouting 38% (10-27) vs 48% for Rutgers (13-27). They are 3-8 on their 3s while we are 0-8 (from ESPN).

Most concerned that we only have 2 assists (Rutgers has 9).  Did someone comment our poor guard play?

Edited by Reacher
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still  only down 7 need to come out hot! I want to know why rolling on floor twice by Rutgers and no call made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green and Smith needs to sit because neither brought it tonight and it is a same that your upper class man can't bring energy every night.  Smith with unforced turnovers and two air balls that did not even get close to the rim.  Green can't handle the ball and takes bad shots.  Always have that stretch before halftime where we can't score and goes through that usual drought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Well good luck the rest of the game. I just yelled at my kid because we’re terrible and have no discipline. That’s my cue to check out for the night lol. 

I just keep mine locked in the closet for each game, it’s much better for all of us that way.  They have Netflix.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant remember an IU team that shoots so many airballs and just horrid, futile attempts.  Not just from outside.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

We had the momentum until the Green TO>Green bad three>Al TO offensive sequences. You just can't have those string of possessions on the road where the ball never makes it under the rim for a meaningful play that makes their defense work. At least not the way out team is constructed you can't. 

Those guys can’t be on the floor at the same time..nothing good ever comes from it.  

Edited by CTrojan88
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I just keep mine locked in the closet for each game, it’s much better for all of us that way.  They have Netflix.

Love it. Throw em a juice box at halftime and all is good. Wish I had thought of trhat when mine were little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I will say this in here as well. I was in the big minority in what you would change thread. I'll stand by what I said there last week. Ball has to go into post. Doesn't mean we have to shoot from there but it has to go in there almost 3/4 of the time. It's just not that hard. Can't believe we get to 22-21 after spotting 12 and have 4 minutes of silence.

Agree on ball going into post. I don’t think your in the minority there. It’s the obvious choice for a poor shooting team. Even Rutgers knows this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Love it. Throw em a juice box at halftime and all is good. Wish I had thought of trhat when mine were little.

Little?  Mine are both teenagers!  I do what the majority of Americans in my age bracket already do, let their smartphone raise them....I got sports to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Love it. Throw em a juice box at halftime and all is good. Wish I had thought of trhat when mine were little.

I don't know which of you 3 should have child services called on you, just thankful CS didn't really exist when my kids were young!  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same starting five that spotted them 12. CAM hasnt seen a starting line up that he won't start on the second half

Edited by IowaHoosierFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I will say this in here as well. I was in the big minority in what you would change thread. I'll stand by what I said there last week. Ball has to go into post. Doesn't mean we have to shoot from there but it has to go in there almost 3/4 of the time. It's just not that hard. Can't believe we get to 22-21 after spotting 12 and have 4 minutes of silence.

Honestly, it is pretty hard to get the ball into the post when you play a lineup with 3 guys who absolutely cannot shoot at all, and two guards who are just so-so shooters. The defense is not dumb - they know where we want to go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...