Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t think of a single thing that I didn’t write about this team in the last away game loss! Same issues poor shooting, way to many unforced turnovers! Devonte laid  his usual egg after a good game! I believe he dibbled the ball off his on leg at least twice with no one with in 8 ft of him. 
I am guessing 6 to 8 airball this game at least 3 with in 5 ft. I’ll wait for next game and hope for better! Just wont hold my breath! 

You could tell that we just never had enough offensive fire power to make a huge run.  Every time we made a little run we just did not have  enough to make it a huge run.  When we made the run to take the 22-21  lead we had 4 possessions  to take the leadup to 6 or more points.

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Uggh, I care too much about IU basketball to see a team perform this way. I’ll be pissed until they win again, so looks like I’ll be in a bad mood until hopefully Saturday, ha.  Every loss just drives me insane...especially knowing HOW we lose. 

I use to be like that and I am still like that during the game but I have matured to where I don't let it bother me afterwards.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I use to be like that and I am still like that during the game but I have matured to where I don't let it bother me afterwards.

Yeah I wish I could do better at it not bothering me as much. I know it’s just a game, and I kind of laugh at myself for how down and disappointed I get after a loss. It’s pathetic, lol 

Just now, IUrocker said:

Yeah I wish I could do better at it not bothering me as much. I know it’s just a game, and I kind of laugh at myself for how down and disappointed I get after a loss. It’s pathetic, lol 

Well now being 49 and going to be a grandpa in a few months I think it is time to mature.  Seriously it was when I started having kids that I tried to do better because I did not want them to think I was upset with them.  I really had to temper how I acted during the games because I did not want my young kids repeating what the heard me say during the games/

Didn't watch and not terribly surprised.  Rutgers is a very good team this year and elite defensively.  Here's what I gather from the box score...

IU's defense is very good.

IU's shooting is very bad.

Doesn't look like a lack of effort at least.  Disappointing to lose, but they are no longer getting blown out on the road and if they can learn to shoot away from Assembly Hall, they have a chance to win on the road.

A box score like this makes me disappointed, but not angry.  As bad as they shot, at least it does not look like the team quit.

1 minute ago, Hoosier83 said:

Who said Damezi was a shooter coming out of high school because he sure doesn’t look like one. Tough game but not going to get to upset about this one 

I agree, I don’t think he is shooting 20% from anywhere. Ok last year freshmen jitters. God I would have thought he worked on it this off season. Doesn’t look like he has. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well now being 49 and going to be a grandpa in a few months I think it is time to mature.  Seriously it was when I started having kids that I tried to do better because I did not want them to think I was upset with them.  I really had to temper how I acted during the games because I did not want my young kids repeating what the heard me say during the games/

Congrats on the grandpa thing.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Right, that’s understandable. I’m 34 with two daughters and a third girl on the way (thank goodness at least the dogs are boys...) and they are well aware how big of a fan I am when it comes to IU b-ball. I’d say I don’t necessarily act out negatively during the game out loud in front of them, but when they lose, it just bothers me mentally on a personal level more than anything. That’s something I wish I could just let slide. 

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Didn't watch and not terribly surprised.  Rutgers is a very good team this year and elite defensively.  Here's what I gather from the box score...

IU's defense is very good.

IU's shooting is very bad.

Doesn't look like a lack of effort at least.  Disappointing to lose, but they are no longer getting blown out on the road and if they can learn to shoot away from Assembly Hall, they have a chance to win on the road.

A box score like this makes me disappointed, but not angry.  As bad as they shot, at least it does not look like the team quit.

Bingo.

We got punched in the mouth a couple times but didn’t quit. The effort was there all around, but you can’t win on the road against a good team when your best player doesn’t show up, you turn it over way too much and you shoot 10% from 3. Rutgers beat a really good Seton Hall team by 20 at home, and also beat Wiscy and PSU at home. Take the same effort into the next three games and we CAN win at Neb, vs MSU and vs MD. We do that, we’re all thrilled.

9 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I don’t think it’s pathetic, we love our team! I’m 47 and still yell at the tv every game. IU basketball is what I love, other than my wife and daughter. I take losses hard, but get over them, eventually. It’s what makes us fans!

Just now, Hoosrnight said:

I don’t think it’s pathetic, we love our team! I’m 47 and still yell at the tv every game. IU basketball is what I love, other than my wife and daughter. I take losses hard, but get over them, eventually. It’s what makes us fans!

I agree totally

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When my daughter was 10 or 11, she made a bad word daddy box for me. She would break it out during IU games and Colts games. I had to put a dollar in for every cuss word. She made a killing off of me. 

Team has more ups and downs than the Dow Jones but I've become accustomed to it now.  Actually lost my interest in the game after the first 5 min.   

The only player I thought had a decent game was Joey.

Yet another miserable start.  Team just can't seem to focus and lock in on a repetitive basis.  I place this squarely on the players.

Team doesn't seem to play with confidence.  I place this on the players.

D was adequate tonight

O was non-existent.  

I still think RP has a chronic injury.  Suspicious of a sports hernia or similar.  No evidence.  Just my suspicion.  Doubt he will be healthy before next year.

Oh well, on to the next one.  Go IU!

53 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Best time to have an 0-12 run is the first 3 minutes of a game.  There is no good time to follow up with a 1-17 run around halftime.

I'd like to think Hunter is getting close to a breakout. If Hunter would hit a couple of baskets it would be great for his confidence.    

Was Archie carrying a challenge flag?

Is there a stat for unforced turnovers like tennis has for unforced errors.  

It gets hot in high school gyms when you wear a jacket. He might have went through a couple towels.

Archived