Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FKIM01 said:

I disagree and I find your comment offensive on behalf of the 2020 commits and their families.

Seriously...was that really necessary?  You haven't even given those kids a chance to proved themselves.

Those kids wont help for 3 or 4 years. So what you are offended. Get over your self.

30 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

When my daughter was 10 or 11, she made a bad word daddy box for me. She would break it out during IU games and Colts games. I had to put a dollar in for every cuss word. She made a killing off of me. 

I remember I use to say that there are no place for losers and that I can't stand losers.  I just did not want my kids to think if they did not succeed at something that I would think they were losers.

I’m by no means happy we lost, but I said earlier today that I was going to judge this game by energy, intensity and passion from the players. I’d give a passing grade for that. This wasn’t an effort lose, and unfortunately where we’re at is this is how we judge things. 

You simply just can’t win a game on the road when you literally can’t make a shot outside the paint. There was one point where we hit Hunter on a BLOB play completely wide open for a mid-range wing jumper and after he missed you could just see Archie double over in frustration. 

These are high major D1 players, at some point you have to sack up and make some shots and make some plays. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’m by no means happy we lost, but I said earlier today that I was going to judge this game by energy, intensity and passion from the players. I’d give a passing grade for that. This wasn’t an effort lose, and unfortunately where we’re at is this is how we judge things. 

You simply just can’t win a game on the road when you literally can’t make a shot outside the paint. There was one point where we hit Hunter on a BLOB play completely wide open for a mid-range wing jumper and after he missed you could just see Archie double over in frustration. 

These are high major D1 players, at some point you have to sack up and make some shots and make some plays. 

Absolutely— we lost by single digits on the road against a good Rutgers team despite horrible shooting —

Doubt we shoot this bad again.

And TJD just had his first bad game, would bet on his coming out strong next game. 

anyone throwing in the towel, take a step back a minute, losing ain’t fun but this looks like a game we can step up from and win the next 

35 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Yep, add Jordan Hulls and Nick Zeisloft to this team and most of our concerns are out the window. Daggers. We have no one nearly remote to being as consistent as they were. 

To be fair, 90% of D1 teams would significantly improve by adding those two. Both of them could just go unconscious at times. Zeisloft was a trooper and if theres a shot purer than Hulls' out there, I'd like to see it.

Bowling night, didn’t get to see the game but from what I read sounds like another dismal road shooting performance?  If so, how many road games must we endure before coaching gets we must attack the rim?  Drive, drive & drive some more & kick to an open dunk or 4ft bank shot.  Seriously, road games should be nothing but free throws & dunks because we broke when it comes to shooting outside the hall.  

The shooting hurt, but the unforced errors in the first half were incredible.

Devonte getting stripped while trying to dribble between his legs, then play half-assed matador defense on the guy that stripped him was the kicker...I was hoping Archie would immediately call a TO and bench him for the rest of the game...

Scott's right...right after we took the lead at 22-21 we had 6 or 7 possessions in a row where we either turned it over, took a terrible shot, or had a shot clock violation.

Just a brutal stretch...

And TJD seems to have hit a wall...I know the competition has gotten better, but that's the B10. Gotta man up...

Said it before but we just don’t have the talent.  You have to have a stud or two when playing on the road in the big ten and we just don’t have those guys.  I am still a believer in Hunter, but Anderson is not a high level D1 player IMO.  Hunter should get all the minutes, way more upside.  

Coach Millers O and D both work, we just don’t have the players to make them go.  I know that not bringing in those players is on him, but it’s not the coaching or game plans making us lose IMO.  

we just aren't going to suddenly start hitting these 3s with the same guys.  Smith now 6-26.  Franklin 8-42.  Hunter 4-30.  Anderson 8-37.  word was when we recruited Anderson that he was a shooter.  he's not a freshman anymore.  his shot really doesn't look good at all.  offense has to go through TJD and Brunk.  need Smith taking it to the basket.  Rob, Green, and Al can shoot the 3, but only in the flow of offense.  not the ridiculous decisions we have been making.  

If they just shot 30% from 3 which would be put them around 293 in the country in shooting percentage....different score, outcome, less fast break points, etc.  

Heck, first time in a while where the boys just lost the ball on their own crossover or fake on multiple occasions.  Credit to Rutugers for getting long, denying the pass, jumping to the ball on EVERY possession.  They played two steps ahead on defense.  Guards, what is a triple threat?  Ha

However, with all that, shoot 30% (should be 37% or higher) different outcome.

Decided to watch the Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix figured I would learn something new. IU game was going to be like watching a rerun and based on comments here same old story no one on this team can shoot( I MEAN MAKE) the ball consistently.  They can all shoot it just cant make it. Bring on the next episode 

PS Hernandez had a much higher shooting percentage. 

Archived