Indiana University vs Nebraska Pre-Game Thread

16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

This Nebraska team is really bad.  No reason for us to lose this one.  I think we win by 10+, and I would not be surprised to see this as a game where we come out and play with confidence and shoot around 40% from 3.  I think Hoiberg will get them on the right track, but not this year.

Just for reference, if Nebraska ended the year with this Kenpom ranking, they would end up as one of the worst ranked teams in the last 4 years.  These are the teams ranked 100+ in those years.  On a side note, there were some real bad B1G teams in 2016 (125, 140, 192, and 279).

2020 Northwestern - 109

2020 Nebraska - 133

2018 Illinois - 102

2018 Minnesota - 117

2018 Rutgers - 130

2017 Nebraska - 107

2017 Rutgers - 135

Didn’t we go to overtime and fortunately beat them at our place?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Yes, but I think that was more of an anomaly than an expectation.  There was no way that game should have been that close.

I hope you are right but I don’t know what an accurate expectation for this team really would be. I haven’t seen marked improvement on the court this year. Our effort has been better the last two games but our execution has been disappointing. If we come out with the same offensive and defensive game plan as we normally do Hoiberg will be prepared. How many fouls will be called on us the first eight minutes what will our shooting percentage be what will their shooting percentage be? How many turnovers? We need to be very solid we these and of course rebound the ball. Of course these are indicators in any basketball game not just our Hoosiers! Hope for the best prepare for the worst! 

33 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Maybe that is how they did it in the 80's. 

Scott's old school, that's for sure...and that's fine...

I did the same thing in the 80s, but once I learned I could pay my bills, order anything my heart desired, and pay at a brick and mortar store just putting my phone near the CC terminal (Google Pay) I was hooked...

Some say it's lazy, I say it gives me more time to do things I like, like fret about IU basketball with other fanatics on the internet....😀

4 hours ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Hey guys I need your help. On game day, I never wear IU gear because whenever I do they lose. However, I did drink out of my IU coffee cup this morning. My conundrum is, since I already used my IU mug, should I just go full on IU gear all day? 

Also I should state that I'm not really superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

You must now urinate into your IU mug. It’s the only way to reverse what you’ve done. I shouldn’t need to tell you not to drink it.. but just in case. 

42 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Was the Northwestern game at home an anomaly too?

Don't get me wrong, I've been as negative as anybody about this team and Miller, but it is more an indictment about where Nebraska is.  I just don't think they are at all good.  If we were to play today's game 10 times, I think we should win 8 or 9.  For whatever reason, this just has a feeling for me like it is going to be a game we play well.

26 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Don't get me wrong, I've been as negative as anybody about this team and Miller, but it is more an indictment about where Nebraska is.  I just don't think they are at all good.  If we were to play today's game 10 times, I think we should win 8 or 9.  For whatever reason, this just has a feeling for me like it is going to be a game we play well.

Don’t be hard on yourself its not being negative it’s the reality that we see, accurate or not

Archived