Ramsey Rumor

Indykev

42 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Wouldn't blame him at all for the move. If true, though, big loss for us. Hope Tuttle will be ready as, unfortunately, the fragile tag has not been disproven by Penix/his circumstances/his luck.

If I were Tuttle....I would be worried about incoming freshman QB, Dexter Williams.....

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would hope that Deboer out of respect for Allen wouldn't do this but I can't fault Ramsey wanting to go where he can play.

DeBoer may not have been the one to initiate contact.  Can't blame a coach when a player calls and says "I want to play for you". 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

DeBoer may not have been the one to initiate contact.  Can't blame a coach when a player calls and says "I want to play for you". 

I wouldn't blame Ramsey either......Let's face it....Healthy, stronger Penix (baring injury) = Sidelines for Ramsey. Does he stay and take a chance that he could be the starter for the 3rd straight time, or go where he could be THE guy?

And if he does go, if I were Tom Allen, I'd shake his hand and genuinely wish him well.  He's one player there are zero doubts that he gave absolutely everything he had.  Hate to lose him, but a kid with his character and talent deserves that one year shot to be the clear cut #1. 

And zero issues with him going to Fresno/DeBoer.  If he's going to transfer anyway, it makes total sense that he'd look at his recently departed OC.  If he were an underclassman or recruit, that would be different, but Ramsey has a clear shot to go anywhere he wants anyway. 

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And if he does go, if I were Tom Allen, I'd shake his hand and genuinely wish him well.  He's one player there are zero doubts that he gave absolutely everything he had.  Hate to lose him, but a kid with his character and talent deserves that one year shot to be the clear cut #1. 

And zero issues with him going to Fresno/DeBoer.  If he's going to transfer anyway, it makes total sense that he'd look at his recently departed OC.  If he were an underclassman or recruit, that would be different, but Ramsey has a clear shot to go anywhere he wants anyway. 

......for selfish reasons,..... as a coach, I like having Ramsey in my "back pocket", better yet, in my "tool box".

33 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don't think there's any doubt that Tom Allen would do what you stated.  The young man has done nothing but show tremendous character throughout his time at IU. 

50 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Spot on.  If not FSU, Miami of Ohio backup.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If he wants to leave, I'd think he could do better than Fresno.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Probably likes Deboer

Yep, and for him, it's probably more about personal satisfaction/enjoyment vs exposure.  He's not an NFL QB, so just enjoy his last season, start the whole regular season, get to a bowl. 

The fact that kids like DeBoer is pretty telling.  If for some reason Allen were to be offered a job that's off the charts that he can't refuse, I'd have DeBoer high on my list to come back.  I like how he's wired and he's smart.

Regarding Ramsey, I hope he doesn't leave.  If it's true he plans on going, I wonder if a bigger school in a major conference came calling.  I would just have more fun playing for, say, Tennessee as Rico pointed out, than Fresno, even if DeBoer is my guy.  

If Ramsey does leave, Tuttle needs to have a big time off-season because he didn't look like a kid who was mentally anywhere near ready to play in the B1G East.  That's not a crime and is understandable but it's time to make strides.  He's got prototypical size and his arm and ability to function in the pocket can be really good, if it clicks for him.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Was a reason (actually many) why I did not want DeBoer returning for the Bowl Game.  We lost.  What good did that do for IU ?  And then to top it off... DeBoer gets another chance to talk to/with Peyton.  Already stole one of our coaches.  What's next ?

It gave him a chance to work with Sheridan one last game. I'm sure Allen knew he was going to hire Sheridan by then, so it was a chance for DeBoer to give Sheridan one last lesson knowing he was going to take over.

Is anybody really that said that Inge left? Special teams were a disaster his first year with them. This year they were much improved, but I would guess Allen had a much larger hand in it this year since he had more time after giving up DC duties. Inge was a good recruiter, but I think Wright will be a recruiting upgrade.

I'm sure DeBoer has Ramsey's number, so if Ramsey wants to go to Fresno State, that would have happened regardless.

DeBoer returning for the bowl game and all the positives that were said about his respect for Allen were great PR.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes. DeBoer cannot contact Peyton until he's in the Transfer portal. I expect him to be following that rule. 

So. Are you saying that DeBoer did not talk to Peyton during the work up and the during the Bowl game ? I find that hard to believe.

Hey btwown.  Please don't take this personally. I respect the heck out of you. And what you think.  Just don't agree here, with you.

Archived