Ramsey Rumor

Indykev

Major mistake by Coach Allen allowing DeBoer back on campus, after DeBoer was hired by Fresno.  Regardless of what you think.... one IU assistant is gone.  And perhaps, an IU QB as well.  To me... that does sound like what Coach Allen intended when he allowed DeBoer to finish out on our campus while wearing a Fresno State shirt.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Yes.  I don't think DeBoer coming back for those 2 weeks would make any difference.

I respect the heck out of you, as I do btown.  In the end. IU lost the bowl game.  I agree.  Should have gotten on with things.  I respect the fact that Coach Allen felt the need, due to friendships and working together. But in the end, IMHO it was a mistake to bring DeBoer back, after he signed a contract with Fresno State.

Water under the bridge at this point.   Let's schedule Fresno State, for a home game. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I respect the heck out of you, as I do btown.  In the end. IU lost the bowl game.  I agree.  Should have gotten on with things.  I respect the fact that Coach Allen felt the need, due to friendships and working together. But in the end, IMHO it was a mistake to bring DeBoer back, after he signed a contract with Fresno State.

Water under the bridge at this point.   Let's schedule Fresno State, for a home game. 

I don't think him coming back has anything to do with this at all.

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Major mistake by Coach Allen allowing DeBoer back on campus, after DeBoer was hired by Fresno.  Regardless of what you think.... one IU assistant is gone.  And perhaps, an IU QB as well.  To me... that does sound like what Coach Allen intended when he allowed DeBoer to finish out on our campus while wearing a Fresno State shirt.

In your opinion. You're looking at this completely. 

20 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Yep, and for him, it's probably more about personal satisfaction/enjoyment vs exposure.  He's not an NFL QB, so just enjoy his last season, start the whole regular season, get to a bowl. 

This 100%.  He's spent four years at IU.  He's graduated, I believe, or will be.  I don't know what his major is, but why not move to gain a different view of the game and life experience.  Stay at IU and watch Penix and maybe Tuttle too...or move with the opportunity to start immediately.  Time to move on.  Best of luck to the young man.  He's been a solid Hoosier.

For those wishing fairwell to Peyton.  Consider this.  Penix looks to be the De'Ron Davis of the football team. Both have missed considerable chunks of seasons due to injury.

It would be nice to have Peyton who knows the program, should Penix go down once again. 

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

For those wishing fairwell to Peyton.  Consider this.  Penix looks to be the De'Ron Davis of the football team. Both have missed considerable chunks of seasons due to injury.

It would be nice to have Peyton who knows the program, should Penix go down once again. 

I think Tuttle will be as good as those guys once he gains experience.  I know it is just highlights but he has a lot of arm talent and can make all the throws.

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think everybody would love to have Ramsey here again next year.  It is kind of interesting about Penix and Davis.  They're kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum.  Part of Davis's injury trouble was because he needed to lose weight, and part of Penix's troubles is that he needs to gain weight.

Also, kind of crazy to think about, but Penix is still only going to be a RS So next year.  Seems like he should be at least a Jr. by now.  He has plenty of time to add muscle and bulk up.  Especially with our strength guys.   Unfortunately for Davis, his time here is about up.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think Tuttle will be as good as those guys once he gains experience.  I know it is just highlights but he has a lot of arm talent and can make all the throws.

I was really hoping to see Tuttle more in some of our early season blow outs.  I get that the staff probably wanted to get Ramsey time in case Penix went down, but we didn't really get a chance to see Tuttle throw at all.  We also didn't get to see Tuttle last year in the spring game, so it will be interesting to hear how things go this spring.  He's still a big unknown right now, but as you said, his highlights show he has an incredible arm.

40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Of course it would...and if he wants to stay GREAT!  But I'm not going to lament should the young man decide to go elsewhere.  He's served IU faithfully for four years...and helped the program significantly.  I wouldn't expect him to happily stand on the sidelines for another year if someone offered him a starting job at another program.  That's all I'm saying.

It would be interesting to see if Ramsay could potentially get coaching experience at IU as a possible grad assistant. Maybe staying at IU opens the door to that. Kid seems smart, and understands the game. Plus his dad is a high school coach, so he may want to follow in his footsteps. Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, DireBump said:

It would be interesting to see if Ramsay could potentially get coaching experience at IU as a possible grad assistant. Maybe staying at IU opens the door to that. Kid seems smart, and understands the game. Plus his dad is a high school coach, so he may want to follow in his footsteps. Just a thought.

True

2 hours ago, DireBump said:

The XFL 2 will probably need decent QBs? Lol 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, DireBump said:

Going to another school for one year will not change what IU/fans think about Ramsey.  

On 1/18/2020 at 11:07 AM, DireBump said:

I would love to have him back as a grad assistant, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him be a grad assistant for Fresno State if he does indeed go there.  Tough to pass up the opportunity to work under a top offensive and coaching mind.  I would imagine DeBoer would welcome him on as a grad assistant after next year.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:19 AM, milehiiu said:

I would welcome Peyton back with open arms. 

If he were to transfer, I wouldn't hold it against him either, even if it were to Fresno State.  He'd be a grad transfer, meaning he has a clear slate to wherever he wanted to go anyway.

I hold nothing against DeBoer, Allen or anyone regarding this situation or coaching in the bowl game.  I think this would be happening regardless.  If you're a grad transfer QB, wouldn't the OC you just played the best year of your career under be a logical choice, regardless if he has made contact in the last few weeks or not? I think it would be. 

Not to mention, Peyton is more or less a local kid.  He's from Cincinnati, and has spent four years in Bloomington, which ain't exactly a world away.  Getting to spend your last year in college in California might appeal to him.  Can't say, as I don't know him personally, but I'd say the concept would appeal to more than a few. 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:19 AM, milehiiu said:

Peyton Ramsey gave everything he had to IU during his time here.  He owes IU and their fans nothing more.  This isn't like basketball, where even if he does not start, he would get regular time as part of the rotation.  And, it's not like he's a linebacker or defensive back who would be pretty much guaranteed time based on the number of those on the field at a time..  He plays QB, and only one of those gets to play at a time.   If Penix stays healthy next season, he may not play a down, and certainly would not have regular playing time.  That's a lot to ask a kid to do.

Archived