Look who's coming to visit

milehiiu

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Flawed intel came my way.  He'll be visiting next weekend.  Number one overall recruit in the state of Indiana.  Says, he is looking forward to meeting the coaches.

GO GET HIM COACH ALLEN !

He’s going to be a good one no doubt. Believe he’s a Purdue legacy which should hopefully help. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’s going to be a good one no doubt. Believe he’s a Purdue legacy which should hopefully help. 

I hear ya.  Yet on occasion, not always does it work out that way.  I give you Luke Harongody.  Who played BB for Notre Dame.  Yet his dad play FB for IU, and every member of his family went to IU. Sometimes, a guy just wants to set out on his own. Especially, if he is a scholarship athlete. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I hear ya.  Yet on occasion, not always does it work out that way.  I give you Luke Harongody.  Who played BB for Notre Dame.  Yet his dad play FB for IU, and every member of his family went to IU. Sometimes, a guy just wants to set out on his own. Especially, if he is a scholarship athlete. 

I thought Harangody never got an offer from IU?

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I thought Harangody never got an offer from IU?

I believe you are correct.  The other offer came from Purdue.  Was a time , then, and still today.  That IU just gave up on guys from "The Region".  Dan Dakich being an exception. Ironically, both went to the same high school.  You Purdue guys have a lock on athletes from "The Region" over the years.

Having said that.  Strangely, Luke did not think he was  good enough to play D-1 BB, coming out of high school. Of course that proved not to be true. Could be a reason why he chose ND over IU. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I believe you are correct.  The other offer came from Purdue.  Was a time , then, and still today.  That IU just gave up on guys from "The Region".  Dan Dakich being an exception. Ironically, both went to the same high school.  You Purdue guys have a lock on athletes from "The Region" over the years.

Having said that.  Strangely, Luke did not think he was  good enough to play D-1 BB, coming out of high school. Of course that proved not to be true. Could be a reason why he chose ND over IU. 

The guy was a beast! Any idea what happened to him?

14 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I could be wrong,  but I think Davis did offer,  but was WAY too late to the party to have a chance. Ditto with Dominic James who I believe was in the same class.

Just checked.  247 showed just two offers to Luke.  Notre Dame and Purdue.

Davis was wishy-washy with Harongody and James and blew it.   Davis had some biases back then in his player identification that really burned us.  I think he’d have no problem with that statement now.  I believe he’s seen the light.  

The problem, though, is there was a large and loud contingent who wanted those guys recruited hard.  It’s a double whammy when you’re wrong and a bunch of fans were right.   

17 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Thanks for the link crimsonv, I am not right often, so I better savor this one!

Back to the original purpose of the thread, does anyone know if we have a real chance here,  or is he just being kind and paying lip service to the coaching staff?

Probably will depend on if IU continues to show progess or not. 

Archived