Latest Bracketology IU a 9 seed

Indykev

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That isn't bad. I would say...get me to the 6-7 seed and I think with the craziness of how weak/unpredictable college basketball is we could make a run to a S16 or beyond. Just get me off the 1 side of the bracket and anything can happen (although I wouldn't be shocked to see no 1 seeds make the final four). I just think there are 4-6 teams kind of above the rest right now and likely at the end of the season....and a whole mess of teams from 7-35 that are within a point or two of each other.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Lunardi is on drugs.  IU is the worst team to ever step on a college court.  Archie Miller is a puddingheaded twit and should not only be fired, but flogged, drawn and quartered!

**End HSN Simulation**

Appreciate the sarcasm.  However :

College Basketball: The Worst Seasons in D-I History 

Just now, Madison22 said:

Here's the plan:

We'll be a play-in team.  Last one in.  Will play the #1 ranked team in the country for our first game.

We will beat the #1 team, take over their bracket, and have the easiest remaining path to our national championship.

Archie is genius.

flexshirt.jpg

Nice theory but if we do get in the play in game it would not be as a 16 seed because it would be probably a 11 seed.

9 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Here's the plan:

We'll be a #16.  Will play the #1 ranked team in the country for our first game.

We will beat the #1 team, take over their bracket, and have the easiest remaining path to our national championship.

Archie is genius.

(Edited)

I like it. Because I believe that would be the first time a 16 beat a 1. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I like it. Because I believe that would be the first time a 16 beat a 1. 

Did you forget that UVA lost to UMBC two years ago.  Also we would never be a 16 seed because if we were in the play in games it would probably be as a 10 or 1th seed.  The 16th seeds are 4 the last 4 automatic qualifiers and the other play in games are the last 4 of the at large bids.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you forget that UVA lost to UMBC two years ago.  Also we would never be a 16 seed because if we were in the play in games it would probably be as a 10 or 1th seed.  The 16th seeds are 4 the last 4 automatic qualifiers and the other play in games are the last 4 of the at large bids.

Yes.  Forgot.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Which is really 6-5 given our schedule.

UNC is 8-8.  I really don't care about comparative schedules.  Currently, IU has a better chance of making the tournament, than does UNC. Even if we are to lose on Saturday, our chances of making the tournament are greater than UNC's. 

Archived