Latest Bracketology IU a 9 seed

Indykev

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

If we get IN, the boys might play with passion for 40min. If they do they can beat a mid level tourney team for one win. That’s a lot of IF

Also a lot of negative assumption. If we are a tourney team, we will have beaten a number of strong B1G teams to finish the season, in the toughest conference in the country. We've already won on a neutral floor, we've already beaten tourney teams, and the team is already playing better. If we get in, I wouldn't be near this dismissive.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Also a lot of negative assumption. If we are a tourney team, we will have beaten a number of strong B1G teams to finish the season, in the toughest conference in the country. We've already won on a neutral floor, we've already beaten tourney teams, and the team is already playing better. If we get in, I wouldn't be near this dismissive.

Amen, and I would add ...who in the Hell out there scares anyone?  Just get in.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

Louisville?  Not to me.  Oregon is the team on this end.  But their weakness is playing against bigs.

Haven't seen them.  Did watch Baylor turn the gas on ok st the other day.  Still wouldn't call them #1.  Any other year that's about the 10th best team.  This year, anyone in the top 30 can beat anyone on any given night.   

50 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Good points

I think it is easy to find this IU team to be not worthy if you are solely looking at it's own performance.  However, you have to take into consideration the competition.  

There are not 68 teams more deserving than IU.

If we were to get an 8/9 seed, I could absolutely see us beating a 1 seed.  

Now, could we string together 6 straight quality performances to win it all?  I'm not going there, but people that question if we even belong are not looking at the big picture.

8 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Next 6 games:

MSU - home

Maryland - home

@ Penn St

@ OSU

Purdue - home

Iowa - home

If we go 3-3 in this stretch I think it will be fairly impressive.  I think we need a split this week.  What do you think, should we win more than 3 of the next 6?

Everybody should be happy if we go 3-3 in the next six games. The most likely 3 we win imo is MSU, PU, and Iowa. I haven’t watched PSU this year but know they are a lot better this year and I think our old friend, Curtis Jones, is there 

13 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Everybody should be happy if we go 3-3 in the next six games. The most likely 3 we win imo is MSU, PU, and Iowa. I haven’t watched PSU this year but know they are a lot better this year and I think our old friend, Curtis Jones, is there 

I see things similarly but see the most likely wins as MD (bad road record, payback), PU and Iowa, hoping for a strong W against MSU

17 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

I would switch Maryland instead of MSU

If Rob is healthy enough to play D on  C. Winston like last year  I like our chances against MSU at home. Maryland pay back?  Lose 2 away and win both at home against PU and Iowa. Would love this but don't know if we can string that many good games together. I hope for  4-2 but would be disappointed at 2-4 OK with 3-3  but keep the HOME court. Also we seem to play MSU tough since CAM got here.

1 hour ago, CincyHoosier said:

Next 6 games:

MSU - home

Maryland - home

@ Penn St

@ OSU

Purdue - home

Iowa - home

If we go 3-3 in this stretch I think it will be fairly impressive.  I think we need a split this week.  What do you think, should we win more than 3 of the next 6?

Well, I'm predicting a 17-3 conference record, so yeah, we should win more than 3.  :coffee:

Archived