Latest Bracketology IU a 9 seed

Indykev

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why should we be happy with 3-3?  At the very least we should expect to hold serve at home.  And, PSU and OSU will not be the hardest road games we face in conference.  

4-2 should be the floor if we have aspirations to be better than 10-10.

I'm trying to set realistic expectations for an inconsistent team with suspect guard play against the toughest remaining schedule in the country.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Why should we be happy with 3-3?  At the very least we should expect to hold serve at home.  And, PSU and OSU will not be the hardest road games we face in conference.  

If we hold serve at home, we're 11-9. If we go 4-2 in the next 6, we have played our 2 hardest home games, and arguably our 4 hardest home games, as well as 2 of our 3 toughest remaining road games. That puts us on track to be more like 12-8, at the worst. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This is my thoughts as well. But until we get a100% healthy Rob just don't know if we can play  as well as I want the team to play. I almost said earlier in the thread 5-1 and would be disappointed with less. Rob makes us that much better. And with MR. HUNTER starting to get more comfortable I think  he makes the team that much better on offense .I think with these 2 we can make some  noise in the dance as well . Fouls I like  your 4-2 as the floor but we need a good stretch of games to show what we are capable of'. These 2 can and will open up the floor for everyone else.

35 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That's insane. Top 10 most difficult schedules are all B1G, and all are in the top 19. Wisconsin looking good. Weakest remaining schedule (all relative) and currently 4-3, with two road wins.

You have to drop to 34 to get a team not in the Big Ten, Big 12, or Big East.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You have to drop to 34 to get a team not in the Big Ten, Big 12, or Big East.

Yeah the back half of the acc is so weak that kills the teams.  Also looking at the first few acc teams, no one has all 3 of duke, fsu, Louisville twice.   2 of them play duke twice and one plays Louisville twice.  So essentially they have 4 hard games left.  Nc st and va are bubblers.

How much is playing 20 games in the league going to hurt the Big 10 beating each other at home in getting in the NCCA. I think I read at least 1 Talking Head said it kept IU of out last year. He thought IU would have won couple  2 more non con. games and split big 10  1 less w-l.

14 minutes ago, loviubb said:

How much is playing 20 games in the league going to hurt the Big 10 beating each other at home in getting in the NCCA. I think I read at least 1 Talking Head said it kept IU couple of out last year. He thought IU would have won 2 more non con. games and split big 10  1 less w-l.

I think it depends on the team.  Take Purdue, for instance, a 10-10 conference record puts them at 17-14.  Let's say that they lose their first game of the conference tourney to finish 17-15.  With the strength of the Big Ten, that COULD be enough to get them in.  However, take away 1 win and one loss from conference and make it 2-0 playing some directional schools.  They would be 18-14 and I don't know that their chances really improve any.  

IU, Maryland, Iowa, Rutgers, Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State should all get in if they have a 9-11 or better conference record.  Illinois probably needs to get to 10 wins, and Wisconsin, Purdue, and Minnesota likely have to get to 10 conference wins.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi moved IU off the 9 line in today's bracket. I guess winning a conference road game does make a difference.  We're now a 10 seed.  

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Though no respect for IU.  And rather than having IU moving up.  I would much rather move off of that 8-9 bracket.  Toughest bracket in the dance, IMHO. 

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Though no respect for IU.  And rather than having IU moving up.  I would much rather move off of that 8-9 bracket.  Toughest bracket in the dance, IMHO. 

WHEN IU MOVES to the top of the Big 10 do we become a 1 seed ( Rutgers, ILLI. MINN.)  Just examples of teams under the radar pre season.  Or does the extra loss in league play hurt seeding. No one saw this season as it is playing out. But San. Diego St.. being undefeated hurt BIG 10 teams taking an extra loss? I always thought teams with more over all time winning %  above IU never went through the BIG 10, Kentucky,  NC.  ECT. Easier top to bottom hurts your over all records. Plus it is better eye candy 24-6  in SAY SEC than 21 9  in the B10

51 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not sure if it is this year though.  Usually those top 3-5 teams are a cut above the rest but I don’t know if there are really any elite teams this season.

Archived