Latest Bracketology IU a 9 seed

Indykev

15 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

And here are the rankings of 8 of 12 OSU wins:

UNC 113, Kent St 122, NEB 165, UMass Lowell 272, Purdue FW 278, Morgan St 287, Stetson 309, SE MO St 341

They were swept by MN which is 39, yet OSU is still 23.

I also found it hard to believe they were still 23rd.

That being said, I then looked at the NET individual team sheets and so far OSU has 7 games that were quad 3/4 while we have had 10. 

They are 5-7 against 1/2 quad teams while we are 5-4 against 1/2 quad teams.  At this point it seems that having more quad 3 and 4 games is hurting us but that will even up, due to our upcoming schedule, rather soon.

EDIT. I mentioned our upcoming schedule will even things out. 10 Of our last 12 games are quad one and 2 are quad two. OSU has 6 quad one, 4 quad 2 and 2 quad three. We have an opportunity to move up a lot. It will be interesting, towards the end of the season, to see if this new NCAA ranking tool makes much sense. Right now some of the rankings seem a little wacky.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at the NCAA bracket projections (by Andy Katz no less) and he has 11 B1G teams in the dance.

Has us at a 10 seed in the south, OSU only 2 spots on the overall ranking below us.

He also put us in the first 2 round bracket with Duke, Marquette, and a cupcake for Duke. Based on my somewhat limited analysis, he has Dumb-tucky set up for a cake walk thru their regional bracket to the Final Four.

I'll believe it, when I see it. Not a big fan of Katz.

9 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just looked at the NCAA bracket projections (by Andy Katz no less) and he has 11 B1G teams in the dance.

Has us at a 10 seed in the south, OSU only 2 spots on the overall ranking below us.

He also put us in the first 2 round bracket with Duke, Marquette, and a cupcake for Duke. Based on my somewhat limited analysis, he has Dumb-tucky set up for a cake walk thru their regional bracket to the Final Four.

I'll believe it, when I see it. Not a big fan of Katz.

Katz to me has always possessed anti IU traits. Maybe it's his Wisconsin days or whatever....but there's about 10-15 posters on this board that I value his or her opinions on basketball, basketball strategy, coaching, recruiting,etc....more than Andy.

Credit to him I guess. He got a chance and ran with it but in terms of talking straight hoops we are very fortunate as fans to have access to what I consider the most knowledgeable fans in hoops. 

Archived