Pee yew

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2020 at 7:20 AM, IUFLA said:

IU win = ice cream sundae

PU loss = cherry on top

Agree IUFLA. Last time I looked, the title of this thread is "Pee Yew", not IU. So to me, any comments about PU on this thread are legit comments. If they were made on the "Post Nebraska game thread" I would have a problem with that, but if someone isn't interested in PU comments from our fans, then don't read this thread. I've never read the MLB thread on this board because I have no interest in it.

Just because some relish a loss of a rival doesn't diminish in any way, their support for IU.

11 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Pee yew loses at Home 79-62 to Illinois !!! Now have NINE LOSSES !!!!

It will be interesting to see if this PU loss actually hurts them, since UI was ranked higher than PU. True, a home loss is devastating this year, but as far as the selection committee goes, it may not be considered a "bad loss".

But it will certainly help UI's rating.

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

It will be interesting to see if this PU loss actually hurts them, since UI was ranked higher than PU. True, a home loss is devastating this year, but as far as the selection committee goes, it may not be considered a "bad loss".

But it will certainly help UI's rating.

Hopefully the same committee remembers our horrific loss at home to Arkansas.....considering where things stand currently in NET ranking. That's if you believe in them. 

I think most IU fans here and elsewhere scoffed when the pre-season ranking came out and the Boikers were in them.  But the same can and should be said about Virginia.  We all knew Painter lost a lot off of last years squad.  So to me this is sort of a mini rebuild for Matt and not a good year for that to happen as things have turned out.  BTW, maybe Illinois is pretty damn good?

42 minutes ago, rico said:

I think most IU fans here and elsewhere scoffed when the pre-season ranking came out and the Boikers were in them.  But the same can and should be said about Virginia.  We all knew Painter lost a lot off of last years squad.  So to me this is sort of a mini rebuild for Matt and not a good year for that to happen as things have turned out.  BTW, maybe Illinois is pretty damn good?

First, I think Illinois is pretty good. They are a top 25 team and probably grabs a 4 or 5 seed. Cockburn is a first round pick this year. Throw in Dosummu, they have 2 legit NBA players on their team right now. IU will struggle big time going on the road to UI.

I have co-workers that are huge Purdue fans and they keep telling me they will be so much better next year. I'm not so sure. They will basically have the exact same roster (minus proctor) and add RS Freshmen Newman (a 3 and D guy) and Gillis (hasn't played in 2 years)......along with true Freshman guards Ivey and Morton. Pretty sure Edey red shirts.

They have no one at the 4 (Wheeler seems lost) and a ton of 2s and 3s....but honestly no true point still.

Is Ivey, Morton, or Newman going to play in front of Thompson/Hunter/Stefanovic/Eastern? 7 guards....a couple of these guys aren't going to get a lot of playing time. 

9 minutes ago, JugRox said:

First, I think Illinois is pretty good. They are a top 25 team and probably grabs a 4 or 5 seed. Cockburn is a first round pick this year. Throw in Dosummu, they have 2 legit NBA players on their team right now. IU will struggle big time going on the road to UI.

I have co-workers that are huge Purdue fans and they keep telling me they will be so much better next year. I'm not so sure. They will basically have the exact same roster (minus proctor) and add RS Freshmen Newman (a 3 and D guy) and Gillis (hasn't played in 2 years)......along with true Freshman guards Ivey and Morton. Pretty sure Edey red shirts.

They have no one at the 4 (Wheeler seems lost) and a ton of 2s and 3s....but honestly no true point still.

Is Ivey, Morton, or Newman going to play in front of Thompson/Hunter/Stefanovic/Eastern? 7 guards....a couple of these guys aren't going to get a lot of playing time. 

Eastern won't be there......he'll be in the NBA ---- just ask his mom.

50 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Don’t think the true point is a big deal. With the motion offense, there’s less importance on a true point guard. Combo guards will work just fine. Morton and Ivey will be really good but we shall see how ready they are as freshmen. I think Ivey is the most talented guard we’ve recruited since E’Twaun. As far as the 4 position, it’ll either be Gillis or Wheeler and it’ll be hard to be worse there next year than we were this year tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdue is really on the razors edge here. Assuming they need 18 wins going into the BTT they have to go 8-4 the rest of the way. That’s winning 2 on the road and not dropping anymore at home. 

Doable? Yes? Likely? Nope. Offense isn’t consistent enough. 

46 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think the true point is a big deal. With the motion offense, there’s less importance on a true point guard. Combo guards will work just fine. Morton and Ivey will be really good but we shall see how ready they are as freshmen. I think Ivey is the most talented guard we’ve recruited since E’Twaun. As far as the 4 position, it’ll either be Gillis or Wheeler and it’ll be hard to be worse there next year than we were this year tbh. 

Ivey will be good.....but Morton is NOT a shooter and had trouble staying in front of quicker players when defending guards when I saw him in AAU. 

Morton is a "point forward" and sees the floor very well but is not going to be a 3pt threat out of the gate.

And someone out of Thompson/Hunter/Stefanovic/Eastern is going to have to sit to give time to Newman and/or Morton. Assuming Ivey picks up Proctors mins.....

And the 4 is going to be a bigger problem with Bourduex leaving.......Gillis hasn't played in 2 years.

Painter isn't one to give up on Seniors, so its hard for me to see much difference next year with the same kids doing the same thing. Unless there is some roster turnover?

2 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Ivey will be good.....but Morton is NOT a shooter and had trouble staying in front of quicker players when defending guards when I saw him in AAU. 

Morton is a "point forward" and sees the floor very well but is not going to be a 3pt threat out of the gate.

And someone out of Thompson/Hunter/Stefanovic/Eastern is going to have to sit to give time to Newman and/or Morton. Assuming Ivey picks up Proctors mins.....

And the 4 is going to be a bigger problem with Bourduex leaving.......Gillis hasn't played in 2 years.

Painter isn't one to give up on Seniors, so its hard for me to see much difference next year with the same kids doing the same thing.

Morton will be the best passing guard we’ve had since Mathias IMO. He won’t need to be a 3-point threat from the start but just needs to get the offense started and find the open guys. I think Wheeler gets its turned around and has a bounce back year next year. We saw what he was capable of last year. 

5 hours ago, rico said:

Yep..had Matt had last years team this year...maybe they would be hanging a banner this year.

6 hours ago, rico said:

Boikers.....I like it!

I haven't paid any attention to what Morton is doing against normal high school competition but with what he showed in his last AAU season, I'm just fine with IU "missing" on him (plenty of evidence they backed off whether he was viewed as a long shot or they didn't like what they saw in development, I don't know).  For sure, a reputation as a good passer, but he looks like another 20% shooter from distance.

35 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I haven't paid any attention to what Morton is doing against normal high school competition but with what he showed in his last AAU season, I'm just fine with IU "missing" on him (plenty of evidence they backed off whether he was viewed as a long shot or they didn't like what they saw in development, I don't know).  For sure, a reputation as a good passer, but he looks like another 20% shooter from distance.

Morton has been lighting it up haha. Competition isn’t amazing but I think he’ll be a good one. We won’t need him to be a threat from 3 imo. Didn’t Sam Story mention Morton was one of IU’s biggest priorities and they didn’t back off him at all? 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Morton has been lighting it up haha. Competition isn’t amazing but I think he’ll be a good one. We won’t need him to be a threat from 3 imo. Didn’t Sam Story mention Morton was one of IU’s biggest priorities and they didn’t back off him at all? 

He might have...I don't remember.  What I recall is toward the end of the recruitment, there was virtually no chatter and very little visible staff activity related to Morton.  Sam may have had a different take, but I didn't see much activity when searching recruiting sites in the last few weeks prior to Morton's commit.

I just don't see much difference between Morton and Anthony Leal, frankly...not much difference in ranking...one shoots better and the other passes better.  In light of that, I'm mystified as to why he would have been such a big priority when it's pretty clear that IU needs shooters.  My guess is that IU cooled on him or simply saw he was a long shot and moved on.  Based on what I've seen since then, I'm more than fine with Leal.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not saying same situation but I heard plenty of Purdue people people say the same about Eastern and its biting them in the rear end currently 

Eastern and Morton are drastically different in terms of shooting IMO. 

Eastern and Morton are drastically different in terms of shooting IMO. 

I agree but I remember so many saying that Eastern doesn't have to be a shooter it will come, we have plenty other shooters.  At the time you did but his inability to hit a shot is part of what is hurting your team now

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

The game I watched of Morton he could’ve built a city of brick houses.  Good passer but shooting needs a lot of work.

Plenty of reasons why Archie backed off when he did both short and long term. I'm with you....seems to be a heady kid but if he doesn't have an Edwards or Cline waiting to shoot what is he worth?

11 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but I remember so many saying that Eastern doesn't have to be a shooter it will come, we have plenty other shooters.  At the time you did but his inability to hit a shot is part of what is hurting your team now

I find it hard to believe Eastern was ever thought of to develop an outside shoot.  His game is at the rim via drives and garbage.  

Archived