Nebraska Game Threa

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He should start the Archie recruit line up in second half.  He won't but he should

I noticed when we took off on our run was when all of Archie's guys was in there. We were loose and were able to shoot which opened up the middle a little. Besides Green's boneheaded plays the most encouraging half of basketball I have seen under Archie in his three years. Now it's time to finish up the next half stronger than the first!

2 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Couldn't watch, checking in.  Did we look pretty good that half or did Nebraska play poorly on D or a little of both?

Offense looked much better...ball movement was better...

Defense could improve in the 2nd...

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

We are shooting 52%! NE out shooting us on 3s and free throws. Outrebounding them 26-14. A whopping 12 assists on our 18 baskets. 6 blocks. 

TJD my player of the half leading us in scoring w 8 pts (3-3), 8 rebounds, 3 assists and a block

This is a mirror of the first game... we're beating their brains out on the boards and our starting 3 bigs are like 8-11...but we find a way to keep them close through dumb plays

Trayce does so much on both ends that won't always show up on the stat line that makes out team click. My buddy from NJ finally realized tonight that he is really talented (he's denied this before) and that the ball should run through him always. And for the record, I've made this guy in to a psuedo IU fan over the years. He watches them semi-regularly and gets upset when they lose. It's been a fun transformation to watch for 15 years now. And yes, he can't understand how bad our backcourt is and thinks Rob should be on the court as much as possible. Smart guy. 

Just now, loviubb said:

I get everyone wanting to be on Green but if he get's it together we are a whole  great looking team! And I think the word Team is the key!

I think you are right, and everyone's frustration is based on the fact that he has skills that warp the game completely in IU's favor. It's just he doesn't do it enough, and his off-games seem to be really bad in terms how his play seems to lead directly to points by the opponents.  Would love for him to be consistent, it is just hard to imagine a Senior changing his game all of a sudden.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He isn't going to get it together.  Senior, half way thru his last season.  He will get hot at times but he isn't going to get consistent.  

He did have a nice run last year at the  time IU had a chance at the NCAA tourney! Guy's things change in a heart beat at this age . He will get  it!

Archived