Nebraska post game

Drroogh

10 minutes ago, DWB said:

From my point of view, I see things changing radically for the better when Rob, Armaan, Trace, Joey, and Hunter/Smith are playing. Except for Smith, these are Archie's guys. They're playing his brand of ball. We had the best offense and defense during the times that line up played together IMO.

Yes, looks like this is the core 6 going forward. Too bad we don't have two quality back up guards. If we did, DG should never see the floor and AD very rarely. Unfortunately, we'll have to manage through their limited time on the floor.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DWB said:

Just watched the game again. Al made some really stupid plays. Got 2 stupid reach in fouls in the first 4 minutes. His passing was very lazy, not crisp or sharp like Green's, or Armaan's. Wasn't aware of his guy on multiple occasions on defense and got beat a bunch. (hence the lazy reach in fouls).

Archie should have benched him earlier than he did.

In particular watch what Al does after passing the ball when he is supposed to go set a screen.  He jogs towards the guy he is supposed to screen and casually brushes by him...not even attempting to set a screen (lazy and disrupts the offense). After watching Al, go watch Franklin.  Huge difference.  He makes a crisp pass and then goes and sets a solid screen.  In at least two instances, his screens got Smith and maybe Rob an open shot.  Al just checked a box, Franklin served a purpose.  This isn’t just an isolated thing, it is an every game thing.  Every time Al is in the game, the offense grinds to a halt and this is just one example of how/why....

2 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Yet fans like me need sleep for pointing that and more , out ...

I personally think it was cowardly of you to make a snarky comment to me-and lack the testicles to acknowledge my reply!

Who in the he'll do you think you are chum?

Put my understanding of sports and the undercurrents of society - of which sport is a microcosm- to the test ANY day! I am as well versed as they come and I can hold my end discussing as much with anyone .Just don't expect people you don't otherwise reply to take too warmly to out of the blue whatever the hell that was you thought you would pull.

You could have asked for a clearer explanation which I could have admittedly done much better at in the day.The truth doesn't bother me.The context I don't.care for one bit though.I was originally making a fairly serious comment regarding a general subject that pisses me off because it is collective behavior issues out of any individuals hands to control, but rather a fanbase instead.

I just have enough respect in our situation to explain why! That's the least of things you could have done! 

And there you have it.... so you don't misconstrue where I'm coming from yet again.Otherwise take the coward way out of this and hit that ignore poster .Do us both favor... one way or the other but to this moment I think that was weak sauce - seeing here the confirmation you indeed know you were replied to by me, for that-  and chose to dance out after you got the party started.

L

O

L

Well that was the most entertaining game to watch of the conference season so far.  Nice to see some shots fall.  I think it’s hard to take much from a game against Nebraska given how poorly they match up against IU, but road wins are worth their weight in gold.  Giving Hunter most of the minutes on the wing and keeping Anderson on the bench seems to be the right move.  And we need to see a lot more of Franklin, Durham just kind of sucks.

Split these next two home games, which should be doable, and we’ll have exceeded expectations over the 6 game stretch from Northwestern to Maryland.

I'm a little surprised we didn't see more of Hunter last night. Especially when we pushed our lead into the upper teens (unless he was in then and I just didn't notice) - I would have liked to see Archie use that time to try to feed him some points. 

I like the split of minutes from our guards - if Franklin can hit some 3's, I think that might be what we get going forward.

I don't understand why timeouts aren't used to stem runs. We were really sloppy as Nebraska pushed the lead to 9 in the first half. Seems like a quick timeout to settle things would have made a difference.

Was Damezi hurt, or is he on the outs now?

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i love any conference win, but let's not forget that Nebraska is the 2nd worst team in the conference.  we're getting awful excited about that and suddenly thinking all of our problems are solved.  let's see what happens after the next loss.

It is true Nebraska is not very good, but let's not forget B1G road games are not easy. This is the same Nebraska team that beat Purdue by 14 and Iowa by 6.

Also, looking at the remaining schedule, there are no bad losses here on out. If IU can hold home court and keep this intensity on the road, I think we'll be happy with the final results. 

Great effort again. Can really see a change over the last three games. DG getting limited minutes is part of that. AD is about to be sitting next to him if he doesn’t start making better choices (junior for crying out loud). Only team complaint ... STOP TURNING THE BALL OVER! Protect home court on Thursday! 

I couldn't take looking at the "Nebarska" thread title any more, corrected it, lol.

This from ITH's observations:

"Armaan Franklin and Jerome Hunter combined for 14 of Indiana’s 20 bench points in the win and both were on the floor when Indiana went from down nine to up one in a 5:28 stretch of the first half." https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/01/19/five-takeaways-from-indianas-win-at-nebraska/

Yep. 

And Hunter's length and quickness on D is good. However, CAM showed again he will pull him if he makes a mistake on D. For me, that's getting a bit excessive, in a game where Hunter was on the floor and played an important role in the run from down 9 to up 1, that means he should be on the floor. The team gave up points down the stretch and the game ended up closer than it should've, and Hunter was there on the bench. It is CAM's philosophy though, make a defensive mistake as a frosh / true frosh and you're out.

Hope to see Hunter, and Franklin (who had 3 TO's) continue to show their growth, continue to get playing time, and add to the team's strengths on both sides of the ball.

58 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’d play Rob and Armaan 30-35 minutes a game and give the rest to Al and Jerome.  Devonte and DA would never play.

Wow, never?! Surely this is hyperbole. 

Look neither one played particularly well on Saturday, but I’d be willing to bet that we are going to rely on both of these guys for some W’s the rest of the way. Devonte is streaky, but when he’s on there are few players that get as hot as he does. And he is one of our few players that can create his own shot. Al had a bad game, but he’s played well in plenty of games this season too. I just don’t understand this line of thinking. 

5 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

^^^This is what I am saying... we lose one and everyone freaks out... we win 1 and everyone thinks all is fixed.  i'm still in the freaking out camp. :( 

I am in the wait and see camp.  I did not get on to complain after the Rutgers game and I am happy with this win but still worried.

Anything is possible but I don't see us getting very far against the rest of our schedule with a hobbled Phin and a freshman Armaan leading the backcourt.  We need Green and Durham to start acting like upperclassmen.

But really all we need to do is take care of business at home and we should be a tournament team.  6 more wins to get to 20.  That should get us in with our schedule.  Guess we will see.

Archived