Indiana University vs Michigan State Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always look forward when Sparty comes calling. Obviously Winston drives their entire ship. Very curious what we'll do in terms of match ups. Do we just keep rotating fresh on him or let Rob (our best on ball defender) take on the challenge? Or maybe we start with Rob and let Franklin come in and wear him down? 

Admittedly I don't know how deep they are. Not sure yet the best way to tackle them. Will have to see what they've doing in the coming days.

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don't care to say it: I don't have the first damn clue about how this game will turn out.  This season in general and this team specifically have been absolute insanity. 

I agree. And, the funny thing is, I think the vast majority of fan bases, of pretty much all schools, must feel this way. 

The parity, certainly in our conference, and in the national landscape of basketball this year, is insanity!

I'm not knowledgeable in basketball's technical aspects, but I have the feeling that Archie's IU teams fare better against Izzo's MSU. I have a good amount of confidence in this game. We'll have a guaranteed great home crowd. This year's MSU is not really better than last year's, which is also a great thing about Izzo and his consistency. I think even without Romeo and Juwan, this year's IU team is better than last year's simply because Archie seems to have righted the ship. 

I expect we'd beat them by 10. 

It'll be interesting to see how we guard Tillman. With Nick Ward gone, MSU doesn't have a great post up player. Tillman goes in there some, but they move him around...and he will shoot the 3...

I'm guessing it'll be Joey on Tillman, with Justin on Henry, and TJD on Gabe Brown. And of course, the one we have to control to win...Winston vs Phinisee...and when Rob's not out there Devonte...

He'll eat Durham or Franklin alive if we try that, I think...Durham's not strong enough and Armaan's not experienced enough to handle Cassius...

I think these next two games will be the biggest 2 of the season and definitely a linch pin for the rest of the year.  We hold serve at home at win against MSU and Maryland we are in really good shape for the stretch run. We can lose one we shouldn’t and still be okay. We lose one or both I think we have a tough uphill climb to make the tourney with as unforgiving as the big ten is this year. I mean really the only 2 teams who we can say aren’t making the tournament are Northwestern and Nebraska. Other than that the other 12 have a realistic shot. 

Archived