Indiana University vs Michigan State Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Something I noticed with Devonte against Nebraska -- when something goes wrong he tries to make up for it -- and often compounds it.  Of course things are going to go wrong at times against Winston.  He just needs to stay composed.

Austin Render posted these shooting stats on Twitter:

Devonte Green at Assembly Hall: 21/49 (43%) from 3 Devonte Green away from home: 7/27 (26%) from 3

I'm not sure if i'm remembering these instances correctly, but it seems that the first two shots attempted will ultimately affect the rest of Devonte's game. If they don't go in...it's going to be a long night. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Now that Bo Ryan is gone I loathe Izzo the most of any coach.  There is no chance he's clean (we Indiana  people know the back stories on Randolph for example) but moans and groans about integrity.  Gets on the refs all the time then cries when he loses because of a bad call.  Covers for rapist.  He's just a sham.  I never said the man can't coach and I have always loved their toughness.  

What are the back stories on Randolph? I guess that recruitment was before I followed recruiting at all.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:42 AM, Seeking6 said:

Without derailing. I wish Izzo was next to me and family last weekend. We do a Sunday brunch buffet about 2-3x per year. The group next to me is probably the reason why. Tons of food, crumbs, meat, breads,etc.....all over the floor during their demolition. I took a giant step over their area to highlight the volume of food on the floor. I digress.

Once both of my kids were over the age of 2, my wife and I were both surprised at how messy the floors in restaurants would get vs floors at home.  We took for granted just how much cleanup our dogs were doing.  Much to their credit, they wouldn't audibly beg or try to climb up for more.  But if a decent sized piece of anything hit the floor, they were like laser-guided furry Roombas. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier83 said:

We never win when I predict we will on this board. So going with that logic..

IU- 4

Msu- 98 

Go Hoosiers 

For those of you in Indiana with access to a FanDuel sportbook account, they have a promo for every 250 bets on IU the spread increases by one. As of now it is up to IU +52.5 (73 more customers/bets to get to +53.5). Max bet $50. Easy money.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Shouldn't we be going with "crimson" rather than "red"?

Sounds at least a bit more intimidating...not to mention correct

Really??  You're gonna play the cream and crimson card here??  When I was at IU we cheered Fire up Big Red, Fire up!!  Not crimson.  😁

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I just gotta say......I stayed at the Graduate for the Arkansas game and I just need to give a ringing endorsement. Cool place. Cool location. Cool, IU themed art. And the deal I got on a top floor suit for $79/night was just incredible - the suite was huge. 

Good, free coffee too. 

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I agree. Last year, Winston went for 26 and 20 in their two games against us. Of course, we all remember the final defensive possession in the game in Bloomington when Rob bodied-up Winston, but he's gonna need to do that the whole game...

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dang.  I didn't realize he scored so much.  We must have romanticized Rob's defense on him based on one play.  

He was "only" B10 POY and a consensus AA.  Plus, he averaged 19 a game overall and 20 per game in conference play.  Considering Rob was a true freshman, I'd say he did about as well as anyone. 

Archived