Blaze Pizza

btownqb

You guys been here? 

Probably my favorite restaurant for quick (ish) type meal. I live an hour south of Indy, so when I'm up visiting my gf I'm always trying to go. 

If you havent been.. its thinner crust pizza(not even my favorite).. but after that it's like the subway for Pizza. 

4 or 5 different sauces you can choose. Garlic Pesto being my favorite. 

Chicken, ham, salami, pepperoni, burger, bacon, anchovies as meats. Ungodly amount of fresh veggies and cheeses after that... and the best part about these toppings is that you can get as many as possible if you do the unlimited pizza. 

Finally they cook it in a brick oven. So good. 

@btownqb Yep.   I'm coming from Cicero.  Looks like I have 2 within 10 miles.  It was the one off 31 by the Meijer that I saw.  

I use citizens state bank over there in fishers too for local cash needs.  If you ever need anything those guys are amazing.  Don't see them for 6 months and I walk in the door and they call me by name.  

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

marinara, mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheese, pep, sausage, red and green peppers,  banana peppers, onion, some garlic and sea salt every once in a while mushrooms or all the meats. How about You?

Garlic pesto, ham, pepp, bacon, burger, onion, red peppers, tomato, jalapenos on half, oregano.. mozz and ricotta. 

I've tried Blaze. A Mod Pizza (same concept) opened near me. There are a few other similiar chains as well competing here in the Chicago market. 

"MOD Pizza is the fastest-growing Top 200 chain for the second consecutive year. The fast-casual pizza chain pulled away from its closest competitor, Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, in the Latest Year, with a gain of 44.7% in the Latest Year. That came on top of MOD’s 80% increase in sales the Preceding Year.

Founders Scott Svenson and Ally Svenson have built the brand around a socially conscious, people-first mission. That approach includes hiring employees who may have trouble being hired elsewhere, including people with special needs or those who have been in prison or rehab, as well as paying employees above minimum wage and donating to charitable causes."

We have Blaze and a few similar type brick oven pizza shops down here in Clark County.  For my money, they are far superior to the traditional pizza chains (Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Dominos, etc.)

On the subject of pizza, I travel a lot to Chicago for work.  I absolutely cannot stand Chicago style pizza.  Yet, every time I'm there, it seems as if someone wants to get some.

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We have Blaze and a few similar type brick oven pizza shops down here in Clark County.  For my money, they are far superior to the traditional pizza chains (Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Dominos, etc.)

On the subject of pizza, I travel a lot to Chicago for work.  I absolutely cannot stand Chicago style pizza.  Yet, every time I'm there, it seems as if someone wants to get some.

I agree with Chicago 'pizza'. Where I come from it's called lasagna.

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Oh here we go. Lol.   Love Chicago deep dish.  But I love all pizza.  Even had trashy dominos night.  Got a thin crust.  Very disappointed.  Brooklyn style, actually pretty happy with.  

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I like deep dish. And growing up in NWI, all we had was thin crust.  Never knew other types existed.  Especially like it when it is cut into squares. Somehow it seems to taste better for me, when it is cut into squares.

Suggestion for you, next time you are in Chicago, if you have not been there. Specializing in thin crust pizza, since 1932. So you know they are doing something right.

Vito & Nick's Pizzeria Chicago

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Here's a vote for Home Run Inn pizza

Great thin crust pizza...and Mile is right about Vito & Nick's as long as you stick with the original and don't go to one of the Vito & Nick's II.

As for deep dish, I'm not a huge fan either, but I could occasionally be talked into Lou Malnati's...

I do buy Home Run frozen from the local grocery store in Colorado.  I like it. Can imagine what it would be like, fresh in the restaurant.

OH. And I cut it into squares.

19 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I do buy Home Run frozen from the local grocery store in Colorado.  I like it. Can imagine what it would be like, fresh in the restaurant.

Yeah, the frozen is all I can get down here in Texas, but it's close enough to the fresh...when we lived in Chicagoland, use to go to the one on Lemont St in Darien...

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

My favorite local pizza joint is a family run place making pizza the same way since the 50's. After football and basketball games it was the place to be...  and they cut it in squares.

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I really like topp’t over in Floyd county. Haven’t had Blaze, but I did try another one in New Albany (can’t remember the name) that wasn’t great. 

Archived