Post Game Hell Yeah

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not get to watch, but looking at the boxscore a few things stand out to me:

1) Generally none of the things we said needed to happen for us to win actually happened...Devonte did not go off, we didn't completely shut down Winston, We weren't better at the free throw line...maybe the only one that happened was the fast start
2) We were outshot from the three point line by a pretty wide margin and still won
3) Jerome did not have a new impact in the scoring column

Meaning, as far as I can tell, we won on toughness and some IQ....that travels, and that lasts...more than a hot shooting night. 

I generally like Archie, I really think he is so much more real than our previous coach, I want him to succeed, and I think that his manner is the way to do it. Not as elitist blue bloods, but blue collar toughness that plays together from start to finish. That's actually how we got the Blue blood status in the first place...

3 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

I did not get to watch, but looking at the boxscore a few things stand out to me:

1) Generally none of the things we said needed to happen for us to win actually happened...Devonte did not go off, we didn't completely shut down Winston, We weren't better at the free throw line...maybe the only one that happened was the fast start
2) We were outshot from the three point line by a pretty wide margin and still won
3) Jerome did not have a new impact in the scoring column

Meaning, as far as I can tell, we won on toughness and some IQ....that travels, and that lasts...more than a hot shooting night. 

I generally like Archie, I really think he is so much more real than our previous coach, I want him to succeed, and I think that his manner is the way to do it. Not as elitist blue bloods, but blue collar toughness that plays together from start to finish. That's actually how we got the Blue blood status in the first place...

IU identity = defense

5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

We only play them once this year. 

Wouldn't it be a nice BTT Championship game though?  Never know . I just hope the toughness down the stretch carries over to Maryland . The Hall should be rocking again. Gotta love that atmosphere , and the kids rewarded them. Rough edges , but plenty of time and the brutal schedule will only help In the end. Not playing Sparty twice shouldn't be such a detrimental thing  to the SOS as it might be in a lesser season for the conference top to bottom.

Does anyone feel they might be ranking worthy now, or do they need one more this weekend to convince you more?   The latter is likely to be the actual case regardless with it at home,  but in a vacuum as of tonight? 

I enjoyed tonight more than I have enjoyed IU MBB in awhile. It reminds me some what when CRMK was building IU back to being a power after years of so so play. I don't know if we will get to the 6th banner soon but it is nice to win against a tough Favored  team at home! Now let's take out Maryland!!!

Archived