Post Game Hell Yeah

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Great win!! I did my part by chewing arctic grape icebreakers all throughout the game!

I was wondering why Al made that 3 at the end of the first half and also came up big again late when it counted.. That  halftime shot proved huge in the end by the way. One could point to a great number of plays both ways,.. Felt pretty good to see a defensive play at the rim, followed by Hunter at the line to seal it .Keep chewing it!  Lol 

Just now, rico said:

Where in the hell is that feline?  Get his tail caught in a fan...again?

His profile says he last visited an hour ago.  Guess he can view the board, but must not be able to post.  It's a strange condition that will self-correct next time IU loses.

I'll watch the whole game tomorrow, but wanted to comment on a couple of things just based off the highlights...

1) This staff had new half court and baseline out of bounds sets ready for this game...I obviously only saw the ones that worked with the highlights, but I feel like it was a sign of good coaching. We have struggled with scoring droughts and the staff has built a larger repertoire of ways to get the ball into the lane, off the pass and off the dribble
2) We are night and day better on the break with Phinisee on the floor...he is looking more like himself finishing through contact and scoring at the rim in transition...He plays with pace in transition, which is so key. He gets the ball up the court quickly but doesn't outrun his teammates running the lanes and keeps passing lanes open by choosing the exact right pace...great stuff

Liked what I saw from the team tonight. For once, had some nice entry passes into the post. Played tough, didn't get rattled and made the plays on O and D when necessary. 

Enjoyed watching the game with Custer. 5fouls, you are more than welcome to join Caster and I for a game next time we get together. 

Great game, I would say biggest crowd all year but still one balcony half full.  I am mystified as to who has the season tickets in front of me this year.  They have not come to one game but I ain’t complaining because gives me a solid view every game.

i will echo what others have said, man this team feels different all of a sudden.  Archie Manning the team and lineups much better and man Brunk is a beast right now.  I still think TJD isn’t taking it strong enough to the rim at times to draw the contact over the last few weeks including this game.  But he still overall played a solid game.  He and Brunk are the keys to success.

Also as a side note, I hate to sound like the old guy complainy guy but no student should be throwing anything on the court.  Was so dumb, if I was around that guy I would rat his ass out to security in a heartbeat.  Besides that students were great tonight, good to have them back.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Your sister needs to give you her tickets for every big game.  

Didn't realize it until we were on the way, but that was dad's first game in Assembly Hall.  He's the guy that got me interested watching them back in the mid '70's when Bobby's team hit perfection and I was hooked.  It was nice to be able to take him to such a fun game and he really seemed to enjoy it.

Really glad to see some old school Hoosier energy for 40 minutes! My coach always said just because you can’t shoot or score doesn’t mean you can’t win! That hit home tonight. Effort isn’t sexy but it wins games and in the end that’s what it’s all about. Side note did I see the B1G home team is winning 90% of games most in the history of the B1G? That’s insane! This conference is just milkshake thick! Go Hoosiers 

I've said it more than once...the guy people want to bench is often the guy that makes a major contribution next game.  Al "Big Shot" Durham not only hit a couple of absolutely clutch 3's...he didn't turn the ball over and it was obvious Archie had a lot of confidence in him to play crucial minutes in a very tight game.

Next up...Devonte Green tears Maryland up on Sunday and makes a bunch more people eat their words...

...and God bless Race Thompson and Joey Brunk.  I really love the junkyard dog mentality Archie is building at IU...if they could only shoot free throws...

I actually think CAM’s Devonte philosophy is perfect, which as I see it is something like this:

Devonte normally comes in as one of the first subs. If he plays well and hits some shots, he will play more minutes throughout the night as he continues to play well. If he can’t buy a shot/is making careless TO’s, etc. then he rides the bench and will see limited minutes the rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

IU identity = defense

1 hour ago, mchenry34 said:

I did not get to watch, but looking at the boxscore a few things stand out to me:

1) Generally none of the things we said needed to happen for us to win actually happened...Devonte did not go off, we didn't completely shut down Winston, We weren't better at the free throw line...maybe the only one that happened was the fast start
2) We were outshot from the three point line by a pretty wide margin and still won
3) Jerome did not have a new impact in the scoring column

Meaning, as far as I can tell, we won on toughness and some IQ....that travels, and that lasts...more than a hot shooting night. 

I generally like Archie, I really think he is so much more real than our previous coach, I want him to succeed, and I think that his manner is the way to do it. Not as elitist blue bloods, but blue collar toughness that plays together from start to finish. That's actually how we got the Blue blood status in the first place...

I’m not sure exactly why people especially intelligent IU fans keep waiting for hunter to blow up? He hasn’t had an impact all season! I think he has the potential to be a good sub for a couple years but I don’t see anything to suggest he could be a starter let alone an impact player. Players do improve but he’s going to have to have a complete revamp! 

16 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

We go as far as Rob takes us. 

Our uptick in play matches his. 

I humbly disagree. Yes he’s our best possibly only true point but he’s making poor decisions. Not shooting well and not delivering the ball to our only pure basketball player TJD. Now whichever player can find consistenty from behind the arc will take us far so it could be him but right now the ball has to go inside everytime. A missed shot followed by a put back is our second best offense that has nothing to do with Phinisee 

Archived