Post Game Hell Yeah

Izzo sure does know how to get his excuses in....say a few things about how they should have played better but of course they're really young....say a few things about how he's got to do a better job, but of course they don't have Langford...say a few things about how kids aren't tough anymore, but Indiana got lucky and hit a three....

seriously though, where is he getting his stat on Durham? 12%? 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like the direction of this team and program. We are following the lose big, lose little, win little, win big model.

Tonight, we showed a TON of toughness overcoming a few MSU runs. We didn't have anyone that 'went off' but we had a team FULL of guys who played solid games. This team is really good/solid, and if Green is on, we can beat anyone. He was off tonight, but we still beat a borderline elite team.

Very happy with how things are progressing under Archie. 

I couldn’t stop watching that Izzo presser.  Just him being defensive for 15 minutes.

It is a great example of how the trait of being defensive is a loser not just in basketball or sports, but in life.  If you are being defensive, not only does it come across poorly, but you’re headed down the wrong path.  That’s not how you get to success.  

37 minutes ago, UsHoosiersinky said:

Really glad to see some old school Hoosier energy for 40 minutes! My coach always said just because you can’t shoot or score doesn’t mean you can’t win! That hit home tonight. Effort isn’t sexy but it wins games and in the end that’s what it’s all about. Side note did I see the B1G home team is winning 90% of games most in the history of the B1G? That’s insane! This conference is just milkshake thick! Go Hoosiers 

Welcome to the forum.

Great win...just got to see the game on dvr. Brunk is really a difference maker on this team. I just love his leadership and effort. He and TJD make a hell of a tandem to defend on the interior. Al had some great clutch shots and I thought RP looks like he is starting to get back to form. We need him...IU is better when he’s healthy and on the floor. Arch needed to light a fire under these guys (insert ass chewing) and he is shortening the bench true to his word. Play good Devonte sit bad Devonte. Just those free throws...man these games could be so much less stressful if they would just hit their free throws. Izzo is a whiner and Archie does it again against him lol. On to Maryland...gotta hold serve on the home court...

36 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Really like the direction of this team and program. We are following the lose big, lose little, win little, win big model.

Tonight, we showed a TON of toughness overcoming a few MSU runs. We didn't have anyone that 'went off' but we had a team FULL of guys who played solid games. This team is really good/solid, and if Green is on, we can beat anyone. He was off tonight, but we still beat a borderline elite team.

Very happy with how things are progressing under Archie. 

Ok, big win aside, it is so good to see ya around KoB. Hope all is well.  

48 minutes ago, UsHoosiersinky said:

I humbly disagree. Yes he’s our best possibly only true point but he’s making poor decisions. Not shooting well and not delivering the ball to our only pure basketball player TJD. Now whichever player can find consistenty from behind the arc will take us far so it could be him but right now the ball has to go inside everytime. A missed shot followed by a put back is our second best offense that has nothing to do with Phinisee 

As CC stated, welcome to the forum. Enjoy the pandemonium.  :)

Izzo was referring to Justin shooting a terrible percentage last year but hitting those big 3's. I remember his press conference where he said essentially the exact same thing as he did tonight when he brought that up. It really has nothing to do with Al and I don't know why he was bringing up last year. Apparently that L really stuck with him if he is still that butt hurt over it.

4 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

Izzo sure does know how to get his excuses in....say a few things about how they should have played better but of course they're really young....say a few things about how he's got to do a better job, but of course they don't have Langford...say a few things about how kids aren't tough anymore, but Indiana got lucky and hit a three....

seriously though, where is he getting his stat on Durham? 12%? 

Maybe he should focus on the 5 more turnovers MSU committed in a 4 point game. What a cry baby. 

Big sigh of relief. Not a fan of moral victories, and I was concerned that we were going to be saying "if we just hit our free throws" today. Very big win, and a big team win, as there were contributions across the board. Really like the development we're seeing and nice to see the atmosphere at AH back to where it should be. Next up, let's see how we handle a little success, as the B1G this year doesn't allow for a lot of time to celebrate. But, for a team that needed a shot of confidence, they got a good one last night.

6 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I was wondering why Al made that 3 at the end of the first half and also came up big again late when it counted.. That  halftime shot proved huge in the end by the way. One could point to a great number of plays both ways,.. Felt pretty good to see a defensive play at the rim, followed by Hunter at the line to seal it .Keep chewing it!  Lol 

I plan to for the Maryland game!

5 hours ago, UsHoosiersinky said:

I humbly disagree. Yes he’s our best possibly only true point but he’s making poor decisions. Not shooting well and not delivering the ball to our only pure basketball player TJD. Now whichever player can find consistenty from behind the arc will take us far so it could be him but right now the ball has to go inside everytime. A missed shot followed by a put back is our second best offense that has nothing to do with Phinisee 

Wait RP is not the catalyst...

don't get me wrong, i am ecstatic about last night!  the coach in me hated when he waited so long to call a TO in the 1st half when our lead went from 15 to 4, but oh well.  the fan in me is worried about Rob being okay by Sunday.  i sure hope it was a cramp, and then i guess i won't be worried.  again, loved the short bench and huge minutes by starters.  i would love to see IU ranked again and figure a win Sunday could do it.  oh, how i get nervous when i get my hopes up!

Great team effort last night. Lots of unsung hero’s last night things that don’t show up in the box score ,but determined the outcome. 
it was very obvious early the difference in the offense an defense when Rob was on the floor and when Green was on the floor. Big drop off. I hate that for Green ,because I still feel we need good Devonte to finish this thing . 
Maryland next, enough celebrating let’s go back to work and get ready. 

Archived