Post Game Hell Yeah

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I understand Fife wants MSU to win, being an assistant coach...but at the same time, I wonder if at all, he appreciates and is happy about seeing IU do well. 

Between a few of the talk shows in Indy he's been a routine guest on over the years and always speaks very highly of IU. 

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

On a different note, felt like our transition offense was pretty effective last night.  Franklin in particular does a great job running the break I think.

If both stay healthy and continue on the path they're going, teams are going to be sick of seeing Rob and Armaan running the break over the next year or two.

He wasn't a total unknown like OG, but Archie found a good bargain in Franklin.

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If both stay healthy and continue on the path they're going, teams are going to be sick of seeing Rob and Armaan running the break over the next year or two.

He wasn't a total unknown like OG, but Archie found a good bargain in Franklin.

Franklin's basketball IQ is terrific, and he plays unselfish. Works his butt off on defense, which is why he's seeing the floor right now.

The offense will come. In 2 years, he's going to be 10-14 pt/game guy.

I’m not going to watch the Izzo presser because I just don’t like looking at his whiny face, but based on comments here he sounds like a sore loser.

MSU did not play a horrible game. In fact, I think they beat at least 75% of the teams in the Big Ten playing the way they played last night. They hit 43% from 3 on the road - 9 threes! I’m sure Izzo will take that any night of the year on the road.

Izzo is sore because IU beat them at their own game again. They beat them on the boards, out hustled them and were tougher....AGAIN. Not to mention IU gifted them a 33% at the three and 55% from the FT line. Let me repeat that: 55% from the FT line! But apparently these ‘controllable factors’ are a fluke. He can go ahead and blame his loss on our best 3 point shooter making a shot or two. Too bad, so sad.

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

He can go ahead and blame his loss on our best 3 point shooter making a shot or two.

Tossing a little gasoline on the fire, but going into last night, that was Devonte.  36% vs 34%.  After last night, he and Al are within one percent of each other, Al ahead: 36.2% vs 35.4%. 

Getting technical, Race actually has the best percentage (3 of 8 ) of anyone that plays regular minutes.  Bybee is 1/1.  

11 minutes ago, ephul said:

Franklin's basketball IQ is terrific, and he plays unselfish. Works his butt off on defense, which is why he's seeing the floor right now.

The offense will come. In 2 years, he's going to be 10-14 pt/game guy.

Gus Johnson almost went out of his way 2-3x last night on broadcast to say how much he likes Franklin.....almost positioning himself when AF is a star he can say I told you so. By the way....I'd love Gus to do every single one of our games. No more CBS....I want FOX, FS1, and BTN for the rest of the year.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Gus Johnson almost went out of his way 2-3x last night on broadcast to say how much he likes Franklin.....almost positioning himself when AF is a star he can say I told you so. By the way....I'd love Gus to do every single one of our games. No more CBS....I want FOX, FS1, and BTN for the rest of the year.

Add in multiple "Carnegie Hall of college basketball" lines. All hail Gus!

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery.  My announcer Dream Team, called the game last night.  Can't get any better than that.

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Add in multiple "Carnegie Hall of college basketball" lines. All hail Gus!

My wife and mother in law were in the next room over and overheard that.  My mother in law is one of the "I'm from Kentucky so I root for UK" types of fans, so hearing this made her say "What does that make Rupp Arena?"

My answer, without missing a beat: "Studio 54". 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Would love for Gus Johnson and Tony Romo to pair up in football and kick Buck and Aikman out.

Last night was a great game and I am starting to get those nervous butterflies in my stomach before big games again.  This team has gotten a lot tougher physically and mentally the last few games and they are fun to watch.  I remember after Brunk signed there were people wondering why we would take a guy who did not do that much at Butler.  The last few games show what he has brought to this team and that is passion and a good leader.

A complaint about the broadcast especially their studio show is it was all still about MSU and what they did wrong or what they should have done to win the game.  All the highlights during the games were of MSU plays and it seemed like it was a MSU broadcast at times.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

My wife and mother in law were in the next room over and overheard that.  My mother in law is one of the "I'm from Kentucky so I root for UK" types of fans, so hearing this made her say "What does that make Rupp Arena?"

Or the set of "Hee-Haw."

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Or Gilley's. 

3 minutes ago, ephul said:

Would love for Gus Johnson and Tony Romo to pair up in football and kick Buck and Aikman out.

When Don Fischer decides it's time, Gus Johnson would be my #1 pick to take the mantle of "Voice of the Hoosiers".  Yeah, that's like making Billy Donovan your #1 choice for a coach (highly unlikely to happen), but still. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A complaint about the broadcast especially their studio show is it was all still about MSU and what they did wrong or what they should have done to win the game.  All the highlights during the games were of MSU plays and it seemed like it was a MSU broadcast at times.

Yeah, I felt the same way. IU was getting very little love from the studio guys...

Watching the first game, when they showed Richard Pitino, I thought, "there's the worst coach I'll see tonight." 

Then they went to the studio show and Steve Lavin was there. I thought, "Wrong on that one."

Absolutely LOVE beating the Spartans and seeing Izzo cry. I have family connections to MSU, but no respect for MSU since they've decided to coddle and protect molesters and rapists.

Good game for us. Am impressed with what Thompson and Franklin are bringing to the court. Archie gave Green a shot and then yanked him when it was clear it wasn't his night. And man, Brunk is a huge pick up for us.

Also, every fan base has their Eeyores. From Twitter: "You need toughness to win on the road. We have none. We are going to lose again Sunday. At best we might be a 500 team in the Big Ten. Bubble team or NIT bound. Low IQ mentally weak team. Cassius is the most overrated player ever in college basketball. Play Rocket and sit him."

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

When Don Fischer decides it's time, Gus Johnson would be my #1 pick to take the mantle of "Voice of the Hoosiers".  Yeah, that's like making Billy Donovan your #1 choice for a coach (highly unlikely to happen), but still. 

Man, I have no idea who that would be.  Who fills in if he is out?  It's hard to replace an iconic voice who is part of the brand.  

Archived