Post Game Hell Yeah

10 hours ago, UsHoosiersinky said:

I humbly disagree. Yes he’s our best possibly only true point but he’s making poor decisions. Not shooting well and not delivering the ball to our only pure basketball player TJD. Now whichever player can find consistenty from behind the arc will take us far so it could be him but right now the ball has to go inside everytime. A missed shot followed by a put back is our second best offense that has nothing to do with Phinisee 

I disagree. His driving puts extreme pressure on the defense....who do you think is taking it to the hole pulling the defense out of position for those put backs? Who was making those quick passes to Al for the 3's...before the defense could close out. Rob also knocked down some shots and his DEFENSE was instrumental on Winston tonight. I'd love someone to go back and see when they guarded each other who outscored and out assisted who. Guarantee Rob OUTPLAYED the Conference PLOY candidate tonight. It is no secret the difference in balance, movement, passing, defense, and leadership when Rob is on the floor and when someone like Green is running the offense. I would bet Rob's plus minus is maybe the best on the team since he got healthy.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone who has ever played or coached or both understands exactly what is finally going on with these guys. Symmetry or trust or whatever you want to call it....but the players now are seeing and feeling that the coaches are right. Do it their way and results will follow. Can't ever underestimate the importance in believing what a coach is telling you actually works. 

I used to tell my teams at some point In year we will come to a big river whether it be off season or during the season and we as a team will find a way together to build a bridge to cross it or drown. It takes all of us players and staff and sometimes they drown while fighting to try and work together. 

This team I hope is laying the beams of their bridge solidly 

41 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

He definitely did say something along the lines of "like the kid last year" referring to Justin...essentially saying all the times we have beat them have been lucky...

But throughout the rest of the interview he was referring to last night's game and kept exclaiming 12%! (there must be some segment of games he is talking about) He was definitely referring to Al....he then tried to erode our guards confidence by saying they are good kids who play hard, but that they can't shoot.

He also implied that Trayce was the only one he even recruited on our team...which is fine....because these kids who he wouldn't even recruit and can't shoot just beat him three times in a row....

He was talking about Franklin, it's the only thing that makes sense. Franklin was 2 of 17 in Big Ten games before last night, 12 percent. So he was whining that we were lucky to win because a kid with a poor percentage in a seven game sample size hit ONE three against him. The same kid who hit 2 threes in our last game, and 4 threes in a single game a month ago.

Also of note, Aaron Henry was 24% on threes in Big Ten play before last night. He hit two last night. Does anyone think Archie would have been whining that MSU was lucky if we lost that game?

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You know...everyone talks about how short Archie is...looks like Izzo is no taller.

image.png

Archie and Rob side by side.  Rob is listed as 6'1".  Archie's listed height when he played was 5'11".  Judging by that pic.....seems reasonable. 

Average height for an adult male in the US is roughly 5'9.5".  So yeah, compared to the guys he coaches, Archie probably looks short.  But in terms of actual height, he's a shade above average.

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

What a complete a*& hat.

Izzo obviously has something personal with Miller/IU.....maybe the Crean firing, I don't know. 

Everybody loves Izzo but he is kind of bush league.  Last year, he ripped Justin Smith for making a few 3's and last night he ripped Armaan or maybe Al for hitting a 3.  Disparaging the other teams players for hitting shots is not good form.  Someone in the media should call him out on that instead of always sucking up to him.  Outside of Winston (who is great) his team is kind of mediocre.

5 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Yeah, it sure is awful listening to someone predict plays like Nostradamus. 

I think you’re on an island on this one buddy!

Wait you like Romo? As an announcer?  I dont enjoy the predictions at all. 

He's obviously a really good guy. Half of his predictions are about the most obvious thing ever. He's obviously smart.. just talks entirely too much. He has turned me off CBS 4:25 games. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well here at work some are giving Aaron Henry's father some grief about the game last night but I have been a big man and did not rub it in to much.

I'd take Henry every day of the week on our team. I like his moxie...and he is going to be a beast as a senior. Him and Tillman don't get enough credit for that team.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I'd take Henry every day of the week on our team. I like his moxie...and he is going to be a beast as a senior. Him and Tillman don't get enough credit for that team.

I would love for him to be at IU and he had his chance to commit here.  Also don't expect him to still be there his senior year because his dad was already talking about this being his last year before the season.

Archived