Post Game Hell Yeah

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

What a complete a*& hat.

Izzo obviously has something personal with Miller/IU.....maybe the Crean firing, I don't know. 

The guy is just getting old and grumpy...and he is seeing time slip away from him. He only has a few years left....time is running out and a new sheriff is in town lol.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The guy is just getting old and grumpy...and he is seeing time slip away from him. He only has a few years left....time is running out and a new sheriff is in town lol.

It'll be interesting to see what age he thinks about retirement. With Coach K, he shifted his style to plug and chug one and dones late in his 60s and doesn't have to coach as hard. Izzo though is probably expending a lot more energy on a daily basis with his style of program and coaching. I wonder if the shelf life on that kind of style is a bit shorter just because of how much it takes out of you...

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would love for him to be at IU and he had his chance to commit here.  Also don't expect him to still be there his senior year because his dad was already talking about this being his last year before the season.

No offense to parents all over the world but I'm sure Eastern's mom and Justin's dad thinks the same thing....then he will get word from the NBA scouts and he will learn he needs to improve this or that. He has NBA potential no doubt though....he is getting there. Come back next year and he will be the focus of the offense and they will play through him...then his stock will soar.

Just now, dgambill said:

No offense to parents all over the world but I'm sure Eastern's mom and Justin's dad thinks the same thing....then he will get word from the NBA scouts and he will learn he needs to improve this or that. He has NBA potential no doubt though....he is getting there. Come back next year and he will be the focus of the offense and they will play through him...then his stock will soar.

I guess after last season izzo told them that he was getting good feedback from scouts on Aaron.

5 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

It'll be interesting to see what age he thinks about retirement. With Coach K, he shifted his style to plug and chug one and dones late in his 60s and doesn't have to coach as hard. Izzo though is probably expending a lot more energy on a daily basis with his style of program and coaching. I wonder if the shelf life on that kind of style is a bit shorter just because of how much it takes out of you...

I think Coach K is also going the OAD more because he doesn't have to sell a kid on 4 years being your coach. Lot of questions how much longer he is going to do it...this way..hey I'm here next year...and you will be in the NBA after that so don't worry.

Honestly we have beaten MSU 3 times in a row at their own game.....tough on the boards, points in the paint, defense.....we have taken their identity and Izzo doesn't like it.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess after last season izzo told them that he was getting good feedback from scouts on Aaron.

Of course...other recruits hear that and think I can be next....I don't doubt Henry is getting looks...terrific defender...nba size..but his shot still needs refined..not just from 3. That said....I expect this to be a weak draft class...so maybe he is getting looks.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Of course...other recruits hear that and think I can be next....I don't doubt Henry is getting looks...terrific defender...nba size..but his shot still needs refined..not just from 3. That said....I expect this to be a weak draft class...so maybe he is getting looks.

I don't think he should go but you never know with kids today

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Izzo is 64.  Boeheim is 75. Cliff Ellis is 74. K is 72.  Leonard Hamilton is 71.  Roy turns 70 this year.  Izzo has a good 8-10 years left if he wants it. 

Aside: Hamilton is in damn good shape for 71. 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Izzo is 64.  Boeheim is 75. Cliff Ellis is 74. K is 72.  Leonard Hamilton is 71.  Roy turns 70 this year.  Izzo has a good 8-10 years left if he wants it. 

Glad you brought up Hamilton. His team gets throttled when they visited here and he couldn't have been more gracious about us, the environment and his assessment of his and Archie's team. Izzo feels his strangle hold slipping. Not as easy to say to guys like Furst come to us and we'll beat them all day long.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad you brought up Hamilton. His team gets throttled when they visited here and he couldn't have been more gracious about us, the environment and his assessment of his and Archie's team. Izzo feels his strangle hold slipping. Not as easy to say to guys like Furst come to us and we'll beat them all day long.

Someone on here or somewhere else I read that a reporter told Hamilton that he wished he would be in half as good of shape that Hamilton is when he is 71. Hamilton replied good.luck you're not there now

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Huh?  That's new to me and our schedule.

5 of last 6 vs ranked goes back to last season

This season

1/23/20 W vs #11 MSU

1/11/20 W vs #11 OSU

1/4/20 L @ #15 MD

12/3/19 W vs #17 FSU

Last season

3/2/19 W vs #6 MSU

2/26/19 W vs #19 WI

Of note 5-0 home 0-1 road.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad you brought up Hamilton. His team gets throttled when they visited here and he couldn't have been more gracious about us, the environment and his assessment of his and Archie's team.

I always knew Hamilton was a pretty good coach before this year.  After this year, I respect the hell out of him.  His program is as clean as you'd expect from a high major D1, his teams play hard and more often than not, they win.  And as you said, he's an absolute class act.  If you want the definition of how to handle a loss, it was that.

In all honesty, Izzo is a complete putz of a person. 

Excellent coach. But a whiny little a-hole of a man. This has been going on a long time. He is a bad loser. He disrespects opposing coaches and players when he loses, while congratulating them when he wins. He's also been taking care of players who had serious off-court incidents, all to win. 

If you have any respect left for Izzo as a man, you're not actually watching him. He's a complete putz of a man. I would not want that jackamole on our sideline, no interest in whiny little men who show a complete lack of class. Oh, and CAM is owning him right now.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think he should go but you never know with kids today

Oh no doubt...I'd go for sure if I knew the money was there...can't pass that up. I just think if he comes back next year....he will get the chance to have the offense run through him and learn and develop more...and thus help his draft stock....but I don't hate the kid for going if the opportunity arises.

16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I understand...but the way Izzo coaches...just watch him on the side lines and how hard he goes at it....he coaches with the fire of a hundred suns lol. We all know people age differently....that guy will not coach as long as K or others...his body and style won't let him.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh no doubt...I'd go for sure if I knew the money was there...can't pass that up. I just think if he comes back next year....he will get the chance to have the offense run through him and learn and develop more...and thus help his draft stock....but I don't hate the kid for going if the opportunity arises.

With Winston being gone and I think Tillman might go especially since he has a daughter and another baby on the way.  So Aaron should be the main offensive guy next year and would be smart to come back.

Just now, IU Scott said:

With Winston being gone and I think Tillman might go especially since he has a daughter and another baby on the way.  So Aaron should be the main offensive guy next year and would be smart to come back.

Agreed. He would get the freedom and focus from the staff to open up his game. Once you go to the NBA...especially as a marginal player...he will no longer be afforded the freedom and space and have the offense ran through him. He will learn what they want sure...but if they just want him to be a 3 and D kid...what they try to turn every wing into...his game will be limited. If you can wait...perfect your craft in college..and come into the pros with a more well defined game that allows you to dictate what you can do and not coaches trying to fill a role on a team. Next year he can go from being a nice piece..to being the star on his team...stars get freedom...and stars in college have the opportunity to go much higher in the draft than a role player. Unless you were a 5* recruit you likely aren't going to be drafted on potential in the first rd. Teams don't project 100 ranked recruits and college role players to be stars. They do sometimes look at college stars after they have proven themselves as NBA stars. Again...if he can afford to put it off.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Henry has really good quickness and decent length for an NBA guard.  He’s competitive too.  He just needs to work on his jumper.  Some scouts may tell him he could just as easily do that at the next level.   It’s hard to get minutes up there if you can’t shoot in today’s game. 

Agreed...and is the best place to get minutes to devote to your game an unknown franchise or a college program that you understand and familiar with that have coaches and staff both invested in you becoming better and a team looking to you to become their leader. In the end...the NBA is $$ and I can't blame a kid for chasing their dream. If the guarantees are there I'd go too...if not...I would take the chance by betting on myself that I'm going to improve in an environment I know already and starting to excel in rather than ditch it for the unknown.

There are a lot of good broadcasters and I don’t know why Joe Buck is anointed By FOX.  I like that he’s an IU guy and he’s fine but he’s nothing special to me as a broadcaster.  

My favorite football announcer was Pat Summerall.  Amazing in his prime.  

Btownqb is my guy but I love Romo’s work.  Since you’re a coach, maybe things are obvious to you, but maybe fans like his insight.  Maybe that’s the reason for the difference of opinion?  To me, it’s not just his predictions, it’s the why behind them. 

Frank Calliendo doing Gruden is the best.  

Just now, dgambill said:

Agreed...and is the best place to get minutes to devote to your game an unknown franchise or a college program that you understand and familiar with that have coaches and staff both invested in you becoming better and a team looking to you to become their leader. In the end...the NBA is $$ and I can't blame a kid for chasing their dream. If the guarantees are there I'd go too...if not...I would take the chance by betting on myself that I'm going to improve in an environment I know already and starting to excel in rather than ditch it for the unknown.

I guess it comes down to what the kid wants, do you just worry about getting drafted or do you want to be able to contribute right away.

Archived