Post Game Hell Yeah

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There are a couple of them that were lurking towards the end of the game, just waiting for us to lose.  Alas, after we pulled it out, they found somewhere else to be.

Yes, @Mike and @bobtcat2, I am talking about you.  If you can't post in the good times as well as the bad ones, well, it's obvious you have an agenda.

They're probably over on the Fire Archie Facebook page.  Even after last night's big win, that page was nothing but critical with stupid stuff like "well, Purdue beat them worse."

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

In bobtcat’s case, it’s literally right in his name. He obviously likes the FedEx-based program where the kids are gone so fast, you barely remember them. 

Louisville?

Oh, that's where titles are gone so fast, you barely remember them.

Memphis?

Oh, they're literally the FedEx (Forum) based program.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think you know, but for those who don’t, I was referring to UK who once fed exed a recruit (Chris Mills) a wad of cash. The envelope was opened and they were found out.  Cleveland State was promptly put on probation.  This is what we are dealing with in Lexington.  

Yep, and the assistant that was implicated is now the head coach of the Detroit Pistons...

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

They're probably over on the Fire Archie Facebook page.  Even after last night's big win, that page was nothing but critical with stupid stuff like "well, Purdue beat them worse."

Well they should shut up.  If we win Sunday it’s an almost certainty that we’re dancing.  And if so we’re probably in next season as well.  It’s hard to see a scenario where he doesn’t get 6 seasons at this point.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Well they should shut up.  If we win Sunday it’s an almost certainty that we’re dancing.  And if so we’re probably in next season as well.  It’s hard to see a scenario where he doesn’t get 6 seasons at this point.

One thing that is encouraging about next year is that everyone who really contributed last night should be back next year

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And he hasn't even had the pre-season summer to work out with the team. I'll go on record, I think Hunter is going to be big next season, assuming health. And I'm looking forward to it.

I would wager a noticeable contribution from JH is likely this season.

This team is starting to turn the corner. Not to say they are in the clear and running full throttle completely as I do anticipate hiccups here and there.

The old saying the cream always rises to the top is taking place with this team. Many factors are at play in this instance. Team health and cohesion are the big ones that stand out for me now and moving forward.

This coaching staff has figured some things out. The team is starting to flow because of effort and understanding. With that will come confidence and trust.

JH will be just fine as will Franklin. Those two guys along with Phinisee, TJD and Brunk are the core of this team when considering effort and IQ. Even Smith while still somewhat inconsistent at times is starting to build a confidence that makes him a much smarter player and an important part of maintaining this momentum.

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There are a couple of them that were lurking towards the end of the game, just waiting for us to lose.  Alas, after we pulled it out, they found somewhere else to be.

Yes, @Mike and @bobtcat2, I am talking about you.  If you can't post in the good times as well as the bad ones, well, it's obvious you have an agenda.

Fouls I thought you were talking about me! Lol

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Vic started 5 games, averaged 18 minutes and 7 points per game as a freshman. 

Yes...but we are only half way through the season and he wasn't 100% to start the season so everyone got a running start ahead of him...Unfortunately he is playing behind a junior right now and minutes aren't easily available. All I meant was that these kids didn't just light it up day one and we knew they were going to be special. I don't want to compare Jerome to Vic but we just don't have enough to go off right now to write him off is all.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes...but we are only half way through the season and he wasn't 100% to start the season so he everyone got a running start ahead of him...Unfortunately he is playing behind a junior right now and minutes aren't easily available. All I meant was that these kids didn't just light it up day one and we knew they were going to be special. I don't want to compare Jerome to Vic but we just don't have enough to go off right now to write him off is all.

That was my comparison as well.  Vic didn't come anywhere close to setting the world on fire as a freshman.  Hell, he didn't even start on a bad team. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Exactly.

And to just continue to disregard that the kid could not even practice last year, and got both Morgan's and Romeo's props as the player to watch on the team.... Oh well.

No way to know if Hunter will regain the full game and confidence he had at the start of last year. But I wouldn't bet against him, absolutely no reason to. 

The other thing going on here, as CAM has made clear now more than once, is that Hunter is on a "tight leash" tied to his D, as a true frosh. He has not played enough to get his offensive rhythm going, he just hasn't.  For CAM, the D has to come first. But his form is there to see, he just hit two HUGE clutch free throws after grabbing the rebound at the end -- golly, why did CAM have him in at the end of that uber tight game against the top team in the conference? Gee that's hard to figure out, seeing as we should just be writing him off and all.

Not apples to apples but this kind of stuff always takes me back to guys like Collin H and Vic. After his frosh season, people were actually vocally hoping Collin would transfer. And how did he look his soph-junior years? And Vic shot like 25% or so, being generous, from the arc, before becoming a 43% outside shooter as a junior. His form was always there, plain to see, including at the stripe. 

Hunter is a long, strong wing who can absolutely shoot as well as drive in traffic/make decisions on the ball, and is already showing significant defensive growth. He has a huge ceiling. 

And, he always has a huge smile on his face and seems to be having the best time on the court.  

Archived