Post Game Hell Yeah

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I noticed that...I also noticed the other little jab at CAM "I've been beaten by better."

I hope Archie noticed too...

He really said that in his post game press conference?   They should have asked him how many coaches have beat his teams three game in a row!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, azhoosier said:

He really said that in his post game press conference?   They should have asked him how many coaches have beat his teams three game in a row!

Yeah...in context he did follow it (after a pause) with "I've been beaten by worse."

But he didn't give our kids or our coach even one iota of credit for the game...he came off as a sniveling crybaby to me...

One question was about playing in Assembly Hall, and his answer was something like "yeah, but it's this way all over the Big 10." Followed it up by saying everyone gets up for MSU.

I lost some respect for him after watching that...

I think I figured out what Izzo's comment was about. ''12 percent'' is referring to Franklin, who was 2 of 17 on threes in Big Ten play before the MSU game. Of course, that's ignoring the fact that he hit 4 threes in a single game right before conference play started. And even if he was a terrible shooter, whining about a bad shooter hitting one shot against you is incredible sour grapes.

I thought his comments about Smith last year were pretty funny. He was right that time - any smart coach would back off of Smith and let him shoot, it was kind of a fluke that he got repeatedly burned on it. His comments last night make him sound like a tool though. If he told his team not to guard Franklin based off of a poor percentage in a tiny seven game sample size, that's his own fault.

Being an old fart, I had to go to bed right after the game. couldn't stay up and mingle with all you youngin's.

Took a look at the box score this morning, and now I see why Archie doesn't put a ton of credence into the =/- column.

• Jerome is -5, makes a great rebound at the end of the game and hits two game winning free throws
  • Rob is -8, but without him the offense runs thru wet cement. He just happened to be on the court when they hit 3-3's early in the 2nd half
  • DeRon is -3 but gave us a few good minutes to give Joey a blow.

Thought Armaan should have gotten some more minutes. Brought a lot of energy to the floor, and good play as well.

And let's not forget RACE !! Played great on both ends of the court. hope he's OK. Brunk has become a real stud IMO.

Great win for the team.

On to MD.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Being an old fart, I had to go to bed right after the game. couldn't stay up and mingle with all you youngin's.

Took a look at the box score this morning, and now I see why Archie doesn't put a ton of credence into the =/- column.

• Jerome is -5, makes a great rebound at the end of the game and hits two game winning free throws
  • Rob is -8, but without him the offense runs thru wet cement. He just happened to be on the court when they hit 3-3's early in the 2nd half
  • DeRon is -3 but gave us a few good minutes to give Joey a blow.

Thought Armaan should have gotten some more minutes. Brought a lot of energy to the floor, and good play as well.

Brunk has become a real stud IMO.

Great win for the team.

On to MD.

When DeRon is on the floor, the offense needs to run through him. He is one of the best passers from the post that I've seen in a long time. Very unselfish... I think that's one facet of TJD's game that needs work. People right now know that TJD is going to shoot when he's got the ball, so the offense doesn't move without the ball, and the defense is able to double him with ease.

If our offense will move without the ball when it's in TJD's hands in the post, he could be even more dangerous.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...in context he did follow it (after a pause) with "I've been beaten by worse."

But he didn't give our kids or our coach even one iota of credit for the game...he came off as a sniveling crybaby to me...

One question was about playing in Assembly Hall, and his answer was something like "yeah, but it's this way all over the Big 10." Followed it up by saying everyone gets up for MSU.

What took you so long? 

2 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Love this win!

Dominated them on points in the paint, outrebounded them, single digit turnovers, are all parts of the formula for wins in this league.

Exactly...this team is going to win by pounding the ball inside, and beating teams on the boards... especially the offensive boards...and playing tough, hard-nosed defense...

Blunt force trauma basketball

6 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Izzo crying in the presser about Al hitting a couple 3’s... my gosh that guy is a loser. I don’t have any respect for that BS

Don't complain about Al or anyone else hitting 3's Tom.  You adjusted to it.  That's how "#50" slipped free off of the screen for that key bucket....or did you forget about that? 

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What a great win

Turned it.on at 22-8  and loved the intensity I saw from this team. This product is much much better and it should continue to get better. Hit some free throws and stop the scoring droughts and this team will be right there the rest of the way

Yep......We are finally gettn' a taste of "The High Life".....😉

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You still had some?

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Jesus Christ....how has it taken this long for anyone to come up with that?

If anyone is an active student or will be in attendance vs Maryland, I had better see that on a sign somewhere. 

Another sign I'd like to see...

"We're not a rapier, we're a truncheon"

"We're not El Cid, we're Tommy DeVito."

17 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Don't complain about Al or anyone else hitting 3's Tom.  You adjusted to it.  That's how "#50" slipped free off of the screen for that key bucket....or did you forget about that? 

Izzo whining about the FOUR TOTAL threes we hit the entire game is really something else.  God he’s pathetic.

On a different note, felt like our transition offense was pretty effective last night.  Franklin in particular does a great job running the break I think.

Hopefully what i type will make sense. Usually in big wins there are 1-2 guys who win the game for us i.e. Devonte vs Florida St or Armaan vs Notre Dame,etc..

In this game though I'm looking at the 10 guys who played and I'm seeing contributions and big time contributions from all. Even if it was just a rebound or 2 made free throws or extra pass.....I'm just as happy with Race Thompson contribution as I am with Justin Smith play. I'll have to watch this one again but did anyone else we had about 7-8 shots around the goal that seemingly were so pure from Brunk and others? Really, really liking how we're attacking each possession via the post.  

Regarding Izzo. No surprise. Been saying it for decade plus....just a whiny old dude who somehow has the media think he's just a competitor. Point is this. Archie owns him and he knows it. Better luck next time Tommy.

Archived