Indiana University vs Maryland Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rogermci said:

Betting line opened as a pick em.  This game will more than likely be a toughie.  A lot of emotional capital spent in Thursday's win.  Will be difficult to not have a few flat spots.  Hopefully we will weather any storms. 

I worry about a let down too. Just hope we bring the same energy.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I worry about a let down too. Just hope we bring the same energy.

I'm not worried about our energy in front of AH crowd. If you're not pumped with that crowd, you're on your death bed.

My worry is loosing our shooting momentum, especially if we settle for 3 pt shots, instead of working inside out.

10 hours ago, DWB said:

I'm not worried about our energy in front of AH crowd. If you're not pumped with that crowd, you're on your death bed.

My worry is loosing our shooting momentum, especially if we settle for 3 pt shots, instead of working inside out.

Going inside will be much tougher this game.  In my opinion we have won 3 in a row against MSU, because Izzo is an idiot. He plays us straight up, and doesnt pack the middle like everybody else does. Which obviously allows us to play more freely and opens up all those passing lanes.  I highly doubt Maryland is going to give it to us so easily.....  we still win though! F$%& the turtle, its our house!

I was remarking to my wife at the game on Thursday how loose the players looked in pregame warmups, almost as if they expected to win against MSU.  Towards the end, anyone who could was basically putting on a small dunk contest for the students, who were eating it up.  Quick start and 14 point lead earlier, I would say it worked.  Hopefully will see that again today.

Win or lose, I am feeling good about actually looking forward to an IU game. A few weeks ago I was getting lethargic. This team has brought me back.

Maryland is a tough matchup. But as long as I see the same grit and fight, I am happy. Pull off another big win and we may be building something I did not see coming.

But mainly, I just want to see the same old school Hoosier toughness. Punch, counterpunch and let it be what it is.

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

But mainly, I just want to see the same old school Hoosier toughness. Punch, counter punch and let it be what it is.

Agreed.

And let's keep the "heat checks" short, like 2-3 minutes at a time, both offense and defense "heat checks".

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Maryland is so versatile that they can both sneak back in if they get down early,  or pull away when they come out and grab leads. Not too confined by their talent or size, nor too married by Turgeon;s system to either the interior or the perimeter.Since they're so inconsistent at times they;re never too far ahead nor too far in the rearview to give up or let up too soon. Some of their fans on their boards make extremely funny posts out of frustration about it and Turgeon too :D  

Their potential for such balance makes them difficult to stomp down so a good steady game with no long droughts or runs allowed seems to be good enough to set the table to get a win. Obviously I would love for IU to come out of the gates and blast them off the court before halftime, but not confident to hold my breath on that wish. Lol Execute high percentage shots  and do it at the right times with the 3's -  to stem any Terp momentum without committing 15+ fouls or TOs and Ill be pleased. This is D1 I expect FTs to go in. My kid makes them.Just saying. They need to go in today .

Too many things could carry IU to a win or result a loss to say for sure  Going to go with picking a WIN for IU . Lol That might prove to be a mistake on my part, but they've played decent enough lately ,  to acknowledge it is no less than a toss up even if Indiana doesn't shoot it particularly well. 

I also hope the crowd brings it again! Always fun to see that and even better to see that when the team is rewarding them with the quality of their effort + play! Never doubted this team could position itself for games with positive implications by midseason and here we are. Now do something with it ! Go IU!!

32 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Win or lose, I am feeling good about actually looking forward to an IU game. A few weeks ago I was getting lethargic. This team has brought me back.

Maryland is a tough matchup. But as long as I see the same grit and fight, I am happy. Pull off another big win and we may be building something I did not see coming.

But mainly, I just want to see the same old school Hoosier toughness. Punch, counterpunch and let it be what it is.

TOTALLY feeling this today.  for whatever reason, i am just more excited about today than normal.  i'm always guarded with expectations, so it's not that i feel super confident, but it's nice to be excited.

3 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Going inside will be much tougher this game.  In my opinion we have won 3 in a row against MSU, because Izzo is an idiot. He plays us straight up, and doesnt pack the middle like everybody else does. Which obviously allows us to play more freely and opens up all those passing lanes.  I highly doubt Maryland is going to give it to us so easily.....  we still win though! F$%& the turtle, its our house!

Yeah I thought we had a much better chance against MSU.  I see a definite loss today but fortunately I think it will be our last home loss this season.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah I thought we had a much better chance against MSU.  I see a definite loss today but fortunately I think it will be our last home loss this season.

Never say a definite loss at home. I do agree the matchups against Maryland are tougher for us. Gonna be a big challenge. But we are home, against a ranked team. That gives us a shot, at least. 

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Never say a definite loss at home. I do agree the matchups against Maryland are tougher for us. Gonna be a big challenge. But we are home, against a ranked team. That gives us a shot, at least. 

I’ll say this.  If we win it will be because Devonte goes off.  We need to make our open shots.  Scoring inside will be tough.

Archived