Kahlil Benson Commits to Indiana

KDB

Very good recruiting score.  I think interior line play is the most underrated aspect of football.  You find me a team strong there, and I will show you a good team.  I’d love to get this kid with Feeney and others to bolster the interior O line.  Get those running lanes going for our stable of backs and protect the QB from the rush up the pocket from the middle.  

You could be all world at the skill positions and it won’t matter if there are no creases to run through or time for the qb to let routes develop.

A Mississippi kid with offers from LSU, TN, Mississippi and Mississippi State? Sounds like a long shot but would be great to get. As Bob said above,  interior line (offense and defense) is critical. IU has had plenty of skill players in the past but the lack of good OL/DL has really limited our upside.  The OL has been getting better and better but some more pressure from our DL would be helpful.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is a kid who was at the top of my list.  Along with Brady Feeney, we hit on a couple of guards who could be legit in a year or two.  

I think Feeney is going to be a steal.  From what I've read about him, he seems really underrated.

If we thought Benson was important enough to send almost the entire staff to see, we must really see something special in him.  I remember we did that for Penix too.

• KDB changed the title to Kahlil Benson Commits to Indiana

Archived