Joey Brunk: “It’s Not Measurable What Joe Has Meant to Us”

Great article. And great job by Archie bringing him in.

In the Wisconsin game and the first half of the UConn game, I thought Brunk played terrible. It was reasonable to wonder how much he could contribute against teams with legitimate athletic big men. Since then he's played great and has honestly been one of our best players. I'm really glad we have him for another season.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not going to give you your props for this story... as I had already linked it in the Bielfeldt thread.

Max Bielfeldt 2.0 - General Basketball Discussion - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

No.  Seriously a great piece.  And you posted it on a Saturday.  All the better. 

I really appreciate you sharing my stuff.  Thanks so much Mile.

59 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Prior to the season, I wasn’t in favor of bringing in Brunk.

I was wrong.

I wasn't at all excited about Grant Gelon.

I was right. 😛 

To be honest, I'm an optimist.  I think the last recruit to really surprise me to the upside was Zeisloft.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I wasn't at all excited about Grant Gelon.

I was right. 😛 

To be honest, I'm an optimist.  I think the last recruit to really surprise me to the upside was Zeisloft.

Ziesloft will always go down as a player who impressed me with how serviceable he worked to become on defense. The shooting production didn't one bit. 

Same as you with Gelon although I took the wait and see stance openly . Usually only comment on things like this - who I feel/felt may not belong" at IU  once it becomes conclusive how it turned out in hindsight. His had some grey area, though so just saying in how it did not turn out well.I always thought someone with more strength would keep him from playing more than mop up or only spot minutes against OOC cupcakes(basically the same thing) . Not necessarily that it would never work out.

With Bielfeldt and Brunk there never a doubt by me that they could be critical parts , either. 

Archived