Sad Songs

milehiiu

On 1/25/2020 at 5:29 PM, HoosierJax said:

Luke Combs...Even though I'm Leaving...its a tear jerker if you listen to the words

Its 1 of only 2 songs that I can remember exactly where I was when I heard it the first time.  Ayden and I were driving back to the hotel in Chicago last summer and I sat in the car and cried just hearing it. It made me think about the loss of my Dad,  heaven forbid life without Ayden and the day that I pass will Ayden be ok? Every time I hear it those thoughts flood my mind. Love that song 

Sad songs can etch a path in our memories forever.  One song written by some Colorado guy has done that for me.  Just as Luke's song has for Shane and Ayden. Goes back a little farther for me.  On my way to Army basic training at Fort Dix, New Jersey.   This song rang through my mind on the jet plane all the way there.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sad songs can etch a path in our memories forever.  One song written by some Colorado guy has done that for me.  Just as Luke's song has for Shane and Ayden. Goes back a little farther for me.  On my way to Army basic training at Fort Dix, New Jersey.   This song rang through my mind on the jet plane all the way there.

Thanks for sharing my friend. Those are the types of things that you only find here. Once again thank you for your service to our great country and I can't imagine those thoughts going through your mind at that time. I just thank GOD that we have many brave men and women like yourself that serve our country. A Mile High Salute to you. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Its 1 of only 2 songs that I can remember exactly where I was when I heard it the first time.  Ayden and I were driving back to the hotel in Chicago last summer and I sat in the car and cried just hearing it. It made me think about the loss of my Dad,  heaven forbid life without Ayden and the day that I pass will Ayden be ok? Every time I hear it those thoughts flood my mind. Love that song 

I know exactly what you mean...I think of my son and the thoughts go from good to bad to worse...but man does it hit home.

Yesterday, after reading this thread, I was trying to think of a song to contribute.  I couldn't think of one, got into the car to go to the store and this was the first song that came on.   

It doesn't bring me to tears, but it leaves me with a profound sadness every time I hear it. 

With mile and Billingsley sharing personal song stories, a few years back I was going through personal struggles both in having a feeling of worth and in my personal finances. A song was repetitively playing on the radio station I was listening to. I would try and sing along and make it my song, but I could never make it through without breaking down!

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

With mile and Billingsley sharing personal song stories, a few years back I was going through personal struggles both in having a feeling of worth and in my personal finances. A song was repetitively playing on the radio station I was listening to. I would try and sing along and make it my song, but I could never make it through without breaking down!

One of my favorites for sure.  

The song that came out shortly after Ayden was diagnosed and we were told he had 6 months to live was  That's what Faith can do, by Kutless.  God sent me that song on a day when I was arguing with him about why Ayden I was mad, hurt bitter you name it that was me

I pulled over on my way to work and broke down crying.  I was supposed to be the rock and I told God I could not do this and a peace came over me and I turned the radio up and this song I heard for the first time. At that moment I believed that Ayden would be ok. I needed that song more than the air I was breathing. 

Archived