Maryland post game

Drroogh

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i really doubt we make it this year.  we're not going to win road conference games, so if we win all of our home games, we go 5-6 from here and right now we're 41st in receiving votes for the top 25.  how many teams can realistically make it from our conference?  we'd be lucky to finish better than 7th or 8th i would think.  again, i hope i'm wrong.  as for next year, i still wouldn't be surprised to see TJD gone.  if he's back, i see optimism for our chances to make it.  if not, it's hard for me to see why we are better next year.

You need to revisit how the NCAA selects teams.

A 20 win (10-10) Big Ten team is a lock. And probably a 7 or 8 seed.

Yeah, I echo others.  Green had a fine game.  If anything the reason we lost it down the stretch was due to Rob being the one inbounding the ball.  He should be the one getting the ball then not giving it up unless forced.  Also Jerome Hunter threw the ball away when he should have just stopped and found a ball handler.  This wasn't on Devonte. 

My take it sucks to choke down the stretch . But a lot of positives, Jerome makes this team a whole lot better shooting team. I thought Green played well until the end. A lot of the slow start could have been carry over from MSU game which hurt. I will say Cam should have called a TO when they went to the press. Still proud of the fight this team showed and the adjustments CAM made in game. This loss hurts but should .be a major learning game for PLAYERS and COACH'S,  Win on the road and we will be OK . This team has not Peaked yet it might be the year we do damage ( for a change) in Big Ten Tourney when will will be at our peak!! Keep your CHIN UP go IU!!!!

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You have to be one of the more negative people I have seen on here.  We are 15-5 and 5-4 and just played a very good game against a top 20 team.  If we keep playing like we did today we will win a lot more games which I would guess would upset you.

He may be negative. But why question his fandom? Saying he would be upset if we win?

Pessimistic does not mean one can not hope to be wrong. 

Easy Scott. NCHoosier is a fan and ling time member.

He may not beleive.in this team or coach, but he is not one of those johnny come lately types that just come to poke the bear.

We have a few long term, real fans that just are not optimistic right now.

I disagree with them strongly. But I respect their opinion, and certainly do not think they hope we lose.

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Smith from Maryland should be suspended for what he did after game...taunted fans and disrespected the state symbol at half court

Did you see Turgeon run after him and absolutely BLAST him for it. Gained a lot of respect from Turgeon on that one. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You have to be one of the more negative people I have seen on here.  We are 15-5 and 5-4 and just played a very good game against a top 20 team.  If we keep playing like we did today we will win a lot more games which I would guess would upset you.

i admit guilt with my negativity.  i just have a hard time seeing us getting in with all of the conference champs and all of the teams currently in front of us if we go under .500 from here.  maybe though.  i will say if we finish with 20+ wins and get in that CAM not only gets another year (which he will and should anyway), but buys himself some time.  i just can't accept us not making it his first 4 years.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Yep, lots of positives about the game...but the "L" stings.  Oh well, on to the next game.

Yes, missed opportunity, but this team is so much better, especially offensively from where they were. Shot over 50%, 22 assists on 30 baskets, 6 TOs and won the glass. 

This one would have really looked good on the resume. Need to make it up on the road now. 

Although we lost, we put on a good show for the potential recruits 

People saying we won’t make the tournament are crazy.

Two, terrible, selfish jump shots by Green late. Which is made even more frustrating by the fact that just before that he drove to the hoop and scored.

Of course Maryland hit 3’s late, every team seems to against us. I don’t even think it was horrible defense, we’re just unlucky that way.

Rob P is still not a killer late in the game. Wish he or Green would have driven to the bucket on our final possession.

DANG. IT.

IU 🤦🏻‍♂️😭

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

He may be negative. But why question his fandom? Saying he would be upset if we win?

Pessimistic does not mean one can not hope to be wrong. 

Easy Scott. NCHoosier is a fan and ling time member.

He may not beleive.in this team or coach, but he is not one of those johnny come lately types that just come to poke the bear.

We have a few long term, real fans that just are not optimistic right now.

I disagree with them strongly. But I respect their opinion, and certainly do not think they hope we lose.

thanks for the mediating.  not a problem.  i'm not upset, but it is going a little far to say winning would upset me.  i always watch and support Hoosier bball.  i would love for this team and this coach to get us back to where we want to be.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i admit guilt with my negativity.  i just have a hard time seeing us getting in with all of the conference champs and all of the teams currently in front of us if we go under .500 from here.  maybe though.  i will say if we finish with 20+ wins and get in that CAM not only gets another year (which he will and should anyway), but buys himself some time.  i just can't accept us not making it his first 4 years.  

Why would you assume we won't make it next year? We don't exactly lose much next year, and you can see some of our young guys starting to improve a great deal. I think we should be feeling optimistic about next year. 

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

thanks for the mediating.  not a problem.  i'm not upset, but it is going a little far to say winning would upset me.  i always watch and support Hoosier bball.  i would love for this team and this coach to get us back to where we want to be.

You have been here a long time. You have earned the right to voice your opinion. No matter how wrong.  ;)

4 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

So you liked the game @Maryland better?  It was a tough loss.  I consider a bad loss something else entirely. 

This year in the BIG, any home loss is a bad loss.  Scratch that, I consider all home losses bad, no matter who the opponent or the year.

Archived