Maryland post game

Drroogh

2 minutes ago, Hoosier76 said:

People saying we won’t make the tournament are crazy.

Two, terrible, selfish jump shots by Green late. Which is made even more frustrating by the fact that just before that he drove to the hoop and scored.

Of course Maryland hit 3’s late, every team seems to against us. I don’t even think it was horrible defense, we’re just unlucky that way.

Rob P is still not a killer late in the game. Wish he or Green would have driven to the bucket on our final possession.

DANG. IT.

IU 🤦🏻‍♂️😭

i may be crazy, but i don't see it as a lock at all.  we are showing signs, but even if we start playing really really well consistency, do you really see us winning any of our remaining road games?  and are you even that confident that we win all of our home ones?  i'm going to predict that after we lose the next 2 @ Penn St. and @ OSU people will really be going nuts.  i won't be any more negative than i am now because i see that coming.  question is can we win all of the home ones and will that get us in?  if so, i'll be happy!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

This year in the BIG, any home loss is a bad loss.  Scratch that, I consider all home losses bad, no matter who the opponent or the year.

If you can't see the difference between our performance in this game vs the game at Maryland then ok....I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.  

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You have been here a long time. You have earned the right to voice your opinion. No matter how wrong.  ;)

i have been around since the old board days and this is the only one i have ever frequented.  i don't have time to keep up with more than one.  have always liked this one.  i am an old school bah humbug type.  i admit it.  i always have and always will love Hoosier bball though.  

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i really doubt we make it this year.  we're not going to win road conference games, so if we win all of our home games, we go 5-6 from here and right now we're 41st in receiving votes for the top 25.  how many teams can realistically make it from our conference?  we'd be lucky to finish better than 7th or 8th i would think.  again, i hope i'm wrong.  as for next year, i still wouldn't be surprised to see TJD gone.  if he's back, i see optimism for our chances to make it.  if not, it's hard for me to see why we are better next year.

Oh stop! Every BIG team will l lose games going forward.  Who says we will lose all of our remaining road games.  Illinois will come back to earth, Rutgers also.  Everyone plays everyone else.  If IU can continue to play and shoot like they did today, they will be tough to beat.  Yeah, should have won this game, but one TO at the wrong time and then they got a perfect shot to win it that just didn't go in.  Give the negativity a rest!

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i really doubt we make it this year.  we're not going to win road conference games, so if we win all of our home games, we go 5-6 from here and right now we're 41st in receiving votes for the top 25.  how many teams can realistically make it from our conference?  we'd be lucky to finish better than 7th or 8th i would think.  again, i hope i'm wrong.  as for next year, i still wouldn't be surprised to see TJD gone.  if he's back, i see optimism for our chances to make it.  if not, it's hard for me to see why we are better next year.

Nothing you said here is correct. Shocking for someone that has been around as long as you have. 11 teams will make it from the Big Ten.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i may be crazy, but i don't see it as a lock at all.  we are showing signs, but even if we start playing really really well consistency, do you really see us winning any of our remaining road games?  and are you even that confident that we win all of our home ones?  i'm going to predict that after we lose the next 2 @ Penn St. and @ OSU people will really be going nuts.  i won't be any more negative than i am now because i see that coming.  question is can we win all of the home ones and will that get us in?  if so, i'll be happy!

You aren't crazy. Even the announcers were saying Indiana has the toughest schedule in ALL of college basketball from this point forward. We'd have to win all 5 remaining home games to get it or steal on the road. Maybe we can win at Minnesota, but the odds would be against us. If you look at the spreads, I bet we'd be no better than a favorite in 4 games remaining. If that's the case we are 19 wins going into the Big 10 tournament. We are far from in the NCAA tournament.

1 minute ago, hoosiermd said:

You aren't crazy. Even the announcers were saying Indiana has the toughest schedule in ALL of college basketball from this point forward. We'd have to win all 5 remaining home games to get it or steal on the road. Maybe we can win at Minnesota, but the odds would be against us. If you look at the spreads, I bet we'd be no better than a favorite in 4 games remaining. If that's the case we are 19 wins going into the Big 10 tournament. We are far from in the NCAA tournament.

Its tough to win on the road, sure.  But I'd be willing to wager a substantial amount of money we will win at least 1 remaining road game.  This isn't the same team we saw at Maryland or at Wisconsin a month ago.  I'm confident in this. 

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Nothing you said here is correct. Shocking for someone that has been around as long as you have. 11 teams will make it from the Big Ten.

11 really?  if so, than absolutely we'll get in.  what is the record for number of teams from one conference?  i really don't know, but i wouldn't have thought there was any way 11 teams from 1 conference would get in.  not sure what else is incorrect?  it's really really hard to win on the road for any B1G team.  it's hard to see us winning @ PSU, OSU, Michigan, Illinois, or Purdue.  

1 minute ago, hoosiermd said:

And again, you guys need to catch up on the current status of the B10.

There will be multiple B10 teams with less than 20 wins get in.

Michigan and Ohio State probably aren’t going to get to 20.

The there is Purdue and Minnesota who will be on the bubble with 18.

Is IU a lock right now? No

Do they have a really good chance? Yes

This is one of those times when a team can actually get pissed and come together because they gave one away. It stings for sure. Before the week I said I'd be happy with a split but how it happened hurts. With that said...split this week at PSU at Ohio St and we can get back on track. 

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

Its tough to win on the road, sure.  But I'd be willing to wager a substantial amount of money we will win at least 1 remaining road game.  This isn't the same team we saw at Maryland or at Wisconsin a month ago.  I'm confident in this. 

i hope so.  it's tough winning on the road for anyone in the B1G and we play 5 teams that are solid at home.  if we win 1 of those and win all of our remaining home games, i would feel really good about the tourney obviously.  i think we will win the home ones.  of course you never know with Purdue because of the rivalry and Iowa scares me a little, but i expect those wins.  

Archived