Maryland post game

Drroogh

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll let others paint those societal broad strokes. Kid won a game after they threw it away to begin with. Guess I don't think it's important to see or define the distinction. I'll let the moral police figure that one out.

If a kid wants to run around saying number one and celebrating at the top of his lungs, that’s wonderful and positive.  He crossed the line into an area that I’d never want to see an IU player cross.  The horse is dead.  We can agree to disagree and move on to more important things.  

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Most kids have had coaching, if not parenting, that teaches them to act with sportsmanship even when you’re emotional.  His behavior is a reflection of his upbringing and program. 

Didn't IU have a player (not sure who it was) steal the ball at the end of the game  IU  was up and game all but over and Dunk it for 2 pts. CTC reamed him a good one and made an apology to their coach. I don't think it was his upbringing but his emotions that played into that.

I was critical in our losses that involved lack of full 40 minute effort and unintelligent basketball.  I said with effort Being where it should be I’d be ok even with a loss.  Should we win that type of game at home ...absolutely. Would I like to see DG on the bench in the final minutes of a game where decision making is critical...absolutely. But there are way more positives than negatives here guys ...the back court which I have harped on ALL year controlled his game and got the ball into the post.  We hit efficiently from outside.  1. Our assists to turnovers were outstanding and rob made our offense go ( he and Dg and a 10-2 assist to turnover ratio !)  2. We out rebounded our opponent 3. We shot nearly 50% from deep and 70% from the line.  4. We played with a high motor the whole game.

you’ll win way more often than not with that recipe 

1 hour ago, JugRox said:

And again, you guys need to catch up on the current status of the B10.

There will be multiple B10 teams with less than 20 wins get in.

Michigan and Ohio State probably aren’t going to get to 20.

The there is Purdue and Minnesota who will be on the bubble with 18.

Is IU a lock right now? No

Do they have a really good chance? Yes

you again......sigh......

I just said IU is not a lock.

You just said IU is not a lock.

Good grief. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i may be crazy, but i don't see it as a lock at all.  we are showing signs, but even if we start playing really really well consistency, do you really see us winning any of our remaining road games?  and are you even that confident that we win all of our home ones?  i'm going to predict that after we lose the next 2 @ Penn St. and @ OSU people will really be going nuts.  i won't be any more negative than i am now because i see that coming.  question is can we win all of the home ones and will that get us in?  if so, i'll be happy!

My only issue is you say this after every win...oh we will lose this one and that. We won’t beat OSU or MSU etc etc yet you never say you know what...I was wrong...I’m happy because the team is playing better. Maryland perhaps played its best game of the year and honestly it took a collapse in the last minute for them to beat us. What has to happen before you believe in Archie and the team? Because when it happens I’m going to remind you of it and you will have to put a smile on your face. It’s like people think we haven’t improved over the 2 1/2 years Archie has been here. He barely has had time to put pictures up in his office and people expect final fours.

7 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Didn't IU have a player (not sure who it was) steal the ball at the end of the game  IU  was up and game all but over and Dunk it for 2 pts. CTC reamed him a good one and made an apology to their coach. I don't think it was his upbringing but his emotions that played into that.

At least that didn't end up with a DeSousa bench clearing!

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll let others paint those societal broad strokes. Kid won a game after they threw it away to begin with. Guess I don't think it's important to see or define the distinction. I'll let the moral police figure that one out.

You're in luck. I am the moral police, and it's my judgement that it's time for everyone to take a nap.

25 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

But what about our cheerleaders, protecting the logo?  Seriously, after a similar incident years ago. The IU cheerleaders would always race to the logo, to protect it.

It happened very quickly. I could see the cheerleaders coming out on the floor while he was doing it. And his coach was in his face right away.

It was stupid, it was unsportsmanlike, but as others have said, he's a kid. I hope he's learned something, but he probably hasn't. I'm not happy but I think our history will be okay.

It was a tough loss but there were some good things to take away.  I thought the staff did a nice job making adjustments at the half.  They had the game scouted well and put the players in good positions for the most part.  It sure looks like the team has flipped the script in terms of playing hard, smarter and tough. 

I would like to see Phinisee really go alpha at the end and control the ball.  

I was fine with the play and shot we got for Trayce.  

We have to be one of the worst teams in IU history in terms of squandering advantages when they have lob passes.  It’s to the point that I’m pleasantly surprised when we convert.  

The way we lost is tough to swallow but I’m heartened by the fact that we seemed to turn the corner in terms of effort.  

3 minutes ago, Mac said:

It happened very quickly. I could see the cheerleaders coming out on the floor while he was doing it. And his coach was in his face right away.

It was stupid, it was unsportsmanlike, but as others have said, he's a kid. I hope he's learned something, but he probably hasn't. I'm not happy but I think our history will be okay.

As I said. I missed it. So thank you for the report.  Good to know the cheerleaders still working to protect our logo. 

YOU. Have been a long time member of HSN 3.0.  And thank you for that as well.

I don't feel bad about this one, it would have been a great win, but it's not a terrible loss.

I though the team actually played well in the first half, but Maryland was more talented and just flat out better.

Game came down to two mistakes, a missed one and one.

Encouraged by the back to back efforts.

M

1 minute ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

You have definitely been around the block a few times milehi, nothing gets past you. When trouble comes a rolling into town, you have a knack for tossing it back out in its ass.

You’re kind of like an old west sheriff in that way.

Can't figure out how to load that video game?  Maybe put in some Super Troopers?  

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It was a tough loss but there were some good things to take away.  I thought the staff did a nice job making adjustments at the half.  They had the game scouted well and put the players in good positions for the most part.  It sure looks like the team has flipped the script in terms of playing hard, smarter and tough. 

I would like to see Phinisee really go alpha at the end and control the ball.  

I was fine with the play and shot we got for Trayce.  

We have to be one of the worst teams in IU history in terms of squandering advantages when they have lob passes.  It’s to the point that I’m pleasantly surprised when we convert.  

The way we lost is tough to swallow but I’m heartened by the fact that we seemed to turn the corner in terms of effort.  

AND three strait games with more assists than turnovers !

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It really hurt not having Race and having TJD and JS in foul trouble. They had to concede a couple late baskets that they would usually contest at the rim 

Totally agree. They had to lay back for fear of fouling out of the game. Beating this dead horse.... considering TJD's foul trouble, I couldn't understand why Joey was not in the game at the end.

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

50% FT shooter

Makes sense. However feel he would have been able to alter Maryland's J.Smith at the end.  Plus, at the start of the second half was strong going inside.

On a positive. Logan Duncomb and at least four other IU targets saw a great game, in an even greater bb atmosphere.

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It really hurt not having Race and having TJD and JS in foul trouble. They had to concede a couple late baskets that they would usually contest at the rim 

Race was probably missed more than we knew, But isn't it nice to see all our players playing as a team. Race coming on last game . I as many  have posted Jerome  seem to have  made the leap in shooting we have been waiting on. I thought Green played  the way  CAM wants  ( you may not like him) but if he plays like this the rest of the year with everything else coming into play  We are a tough match up THAT NO TEAM WILL WANT TO FACE COME TOURNEY TIME. Lets just let it play out. 

Archived