Maryland post game

Drroogh

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie did a great job today. I'm not gonna bash him. Down 38-24 with Maryland hitting everything. We turned it around and took control of the game. We need to practice more full court press in practice. Just dont see alot of that in the big ten. If you caught TJD at the end of the game he looked heart broken. These guys have the fight and work ethic. Also Jalen Smith has zero class. 

28 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dag gone man.  Mostly on the players.  A little on the coach.  One thing is for sure.  We just beat a potential final four team and then lost by one point to another.  

I'm obviously upset about the loss but the way MD shot in he first half, this team would have folded and lost by 20 if this was 2 weeks ago. 

I had to listen to  the radio call the 2nd half. Was the officiating as bad as it seemed? Also Fisch thought Smith traveled on the game winner 

This team is getting better.   That’s what matters right now.  Love our freshman.  Archie is bringing in hard working kids that don’t like to lose. Was definitely a buzz kill though.  Gave that one away.  We need our older guys to make smart plays.  That is all.

29 minutes ago, Hoosier76 said:

Because we should have won. Green and hero shots. HUGE surprise 🙄

Depends on how you look at it.  Up 6 with 50 seconds left, should win.  They were also down 14 in the first half against a team I think will be Elite 8 if not Final Four.  I can't complain much about this one.  Wish the defensive adjustment had been a bit sooner, but it came in time to lead over 50% of the second half.  This is a game that no matter who won at the end both teams could feel they had opportunities to win it.  I'm not the biggest fan of Green either but thought he played well overall.

5 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

This game was an important one to win to pad our resume. We’re about to take some lumps and who knows what our tourney chances look like come late February.

I still think we’ll make it but our probability took a nice hit today.

When the season started everyone was saying we would win some games we shouldn't and lose some games we shouldn't.

I'm still pumped how this week went

4 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

If Turg sees fit to discipline him that’s alright with me.

I get a kick out of (presumably) adults behind their keyboard calling for punishments because they are too emotional from the game the team they root for just lost. And to make matters even worse a college kid upset them by taunting some fans.

He stomped on the center court Indiana emblem and screamed "this is my court".  I guess that's fine to some but seems against the spirit of college athletics.  Its called respecting the game and your opponent.  You'll understand someday.  Maturity takes time. 

4 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

He stomped on the center court Indiana emblem and screamed "this is my court".  I guess that's fine to some but seems against the spirit of college athletics.  Its called respecting the game and your opponent.  You'll understand someday.  Maturity takes time. 

I’ve had an overly emotional reaction to certain events. I’m going to wager you have as well. Doesn’t excuse it, but not a reason to crucify the kid.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

I’ve had an overly emotional reaction to certain events. I’m going to wager you have as well. Doesn’t excuse it, but not a reason to crucify the kid.

I didn't.  I just said he should be embarrased.  The guy I responded to seemed to condone it.  I don't agree.  I dont think his coach agreed either. 

36 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i admit guilt with my negativity.  i just have a hard time seeing us getting in with all of the conference champs and all of the teams currently in front of us if we go under .500 from here.  maybe though.  i will say if we finish with 20+ wins and get in that CAM not only gets another year (which he will and should anyway), but buys himself some time.  i just can't accept us not making it his first 4 years.  

I just see us being able to go into OSU and UM and being able to beat them since they are not playing well at all.  PSU is a good team but that venue is not one of the harder places to play as a visitor.  I hate to lose and this one really stings but I saw so many positives today that will help going forward.

Archived