Maryland post game

Drroogh

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have no idea why he lost his mind in such an aggressive and personal way.   But, I’m glad Turgeon got their PR guy to write that up.  

No excuse for how he went off but during the game more than a few 40-70 year olds in the first two rows, on the floor, were giving him constant sh!% and mocking his gestures when he reacted to calls etc. Again, he went WAY overboard, and Turgeon went nuclear on him, but I can see how he felt like giving a big FU to IU (not condoning it....just saying it did not come out of nowhere).

Well this might be a little preachy but so be it.

1)  I want to apologize  to the posters I called out this afternoon.  I was just taking an outcome of a game to seriously which we do to much on these message boards.

2)  If today has taught us anything that is that life is to short and fleeting and it can be taken away no matter who you are.  We should all take this day and realize that an outcome of a game is not important in the big scheme of things and that we should put things into better perspective.  An outcome of a game played by 18-22 years that we have no influence on should not effect our frame of minds like it does.  We all love IU basketball and loves it when our team wins and have a good year.  We also need to realize that no matter how the season plays out it is not really important I the scope of your life.

3)  After the game I went and met my daughter who I have not seen for about 3 weeks for dinner and had a wonderful time with her and my parents.  All that time I did not worry about that IU just lost a heart breaking game because it should not be a big priority in our lives.

4)  It is funny that when a celebrity passes away especially like how Kobe passed away it almost feels like you lost someone you were friends with.  It is just a funny feeling and can't really explain why I would feel this way.  it was the same way I felt when I saw that Hank Geathers had died on the court in their conference tournament.  I had watched that team a lot those couple of years and actually saw them at the RCA Dome in the 89 Tournament.

Team looks like it has improved a lot. Need to cut out the selfish heroic crap.  Fans still need to relax. Might have won with Race playing.  Keep improving and get into the tourney, then take advantage of the experience from the brutal Big ten schedule.  I could see this team being a really tough out next year, and hopefully for years to come.  I'm really impressed with what we saw this week.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Got your back on this one.  And don't forget.  YOU have the power to put an end to it, if it goes on. 

Always got to be wary of newbies.  Something I learned as a mod over 10 years ago.

I recognize that user name from his days on Rivals so he is use to this kind of posting.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1)  I want to apologize  to the posters I called out this afternoon.  I was just taking an outcome of a game to seriously which we do to much on these message boards.

2)  If today has taught us anything that is that life is to short and fleeting and it can be taken away no matter who you are.  We should all take this day and realize that an outcome of a game is not important in the big scheme of things and that we should put things into better perspective.  An outcome of a game played by 18-22 years that we have no influence on should not effect our frame of minds like it does.  We all love IU basketball and loves it when our team wins and have a good year.  We also need to realize that no matter how the season plays out it is not really important I the scope of your life.

3)  After the game I went and met my daughter who I have not seen for about 3 weeks for dinner and had a wonderful time with her and my parents.  All that time I did not worry about that IU just lost a heart breaking game because it should not be a big priority in our lives.

4)  It is funny that when a celebrity passes away especially like how Kobe passed away it almost feels like you lost someone you were friends with.  It is just a funny feeling and can't really explain why I would feel this way.  it was the same way I felt when I saw that Hank Geathers had died on the court in their conference tournament.  I had watched that team a lot those couple of years and actually saw them at the RCA Dome in the 89 Tournament.

Well said

To me one of the biggest moments was when we were up 71-64 and AL missed that 3 and if we hit that that would have finished them off. They went down and got  3 point play and got them right back in the game.  He probably shot that to quick but I like seeing players being confidence and looking to put the game away.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

My only issue is you say this after every win...oh we will lose this one and that. We won’t beat OSU or MSU etc etc yet you never say you know what...I was wrong...I’m happy because the team is playing better. Maryland perhaps played its best game of the year and honestly it took a collapse in the last minute for them to beat us. What has to happen before you believe in Archie and the team? Because when it happens I’m going to remind you of it and you will have to put a smile on your face. It’s like people think we haven’t improved over the 2 1/2 years Archie has been here. He barely has had time to put pictures up in his office and people expect final fours.

i know i don't go back and research individual poster's post history, so i understand if you don't either, but i definitely admit when i'm wrong.  it certainly happens often.  i have also said the team is playing better.  i have also stayed constant with i am not 100% sold on Miller, but i am also not calling for him to be fired.  i have said bad loss or good win, he deserves next year for sure.  i have said if we don't make the tourney this year or next, it's probably time.  i don't believe in this team right now to be honest, but i'll continue to cheer for them and Archie, but like anyone else offer my opinion and criticism as well.  i've coached basketball for almost 30 years now and if there's anything i know, we all see things differently and would do things differently if we were in charge.  if "it" does happen though, i'll be happy for you to remind me i was wrong, and i will be smiling if it means IU bball is back.

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Random thought that I meant to mention earlier.  The passing between the big men was outstanding.  It wasn’t a one way thing.  Kudos to all involved in this respect, including the coaches.  It is obviously something they emphasized especially after the half and something they’ve worked on.  

this was my favorite part of the game.  i get that having Brunk or Davis in with TJD hurt us defensively, but i really think we needed that combo in offensively the last few minutes when we were taking such bad shots after looking so good inside.  

12 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm sure he was told to do this, but i still think admitting a mistake and asking forgiveness goes a long way.

I would agree with you 100% IF he actually did this on his own initiative. We all make mistakes. But when you're forced to apologize, it's not an apology, it's a CYA from a coaching standpoint.

Choking away a Quad 1 win like this, especially at home, is hard to swallow.  One step forward, one step back... I guess the fact that IU played hard and hit some threes are moral victories, which is about where the program is at right now.  We’re still in position to make the tournament, so hopefully this one doesn’t come back to haunt us... Just gotta go 5-6 down the stretch.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

sometimes we forget how trivial things are compared to the big picture.  as one of the guys you called out, certainly no hard feelings here.  i used to get worked up when people came at me, but oh well.  who cares?  we all have our opinions and take this stuff way too serious.  it's what passionate fans do.  i have never really felt the need to go at people on the boards about their opinions.  i disagree with people all the time, but that's okay.  have a great week my man and Go Hoosiers!

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me one of the biggest moments was when we were up 71-64 and AL missed that 3 and if we hit that that would have finished them off. They went down and got  3 point play and got them right back in the game.  He probably shot that to quick but I like seeing players being confidence and looking to put the game away.

THIS was HUGE.  terrible shot selection led to easy score on the other end.  that was a killer.  it's so tough because Green and Durham make so many bad decisions in crunch time, but what do you do?  Franklin?  maybe.  i'd almost go that way in crunch time.  

Also, in regard to the Jalen Smith “controversy.”  Don’t let the kid drop 30 and hit the game winning shot if you don’t want him talking smack on your home floor.  Anyone who’s ever been in the student section at Assembly Hall knows what kind of grief he was getting from the crowd... Turnabout is fair play.  Silly to act like it’s some big issue.

But on a positive note, like others have mentioned, I thought the two man game between Davis and Davis in the post in the second half was fun to watch.  That seemed like a new wrinkle in the offense we haven’t seen yet, would like to see it more going forward.

I did not see what Smith did so I can't comment on that but remember a Purdue playing acting like he was sweeping the floor at mid court after they one here.  Back in the day if I was on the court when that happen I would probably do what the Cowboys did to TO when he went to the star after a touchdown.

46 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Choking away a Quad 1 win like this, especially at home, is hard to swallow.  One step forward, one step back... I guess the fact that IU played hard and hit some threes are moral victories, which is about where the program is at right now.  We’re still in position to make the tournament, so hopefully this one doesn’t come back to haunt us... Just gotta go 5-6 down the stretch.

I understand the frustration of the loss and I’ve been more critical than anyone ( particularly of our backcourt, inconsistent effort, and unintelligent play) but I thought there were more positives than  playing hard and shooting well from outside.  Our assist to turnover ratio was the best it’s been all year and three in a row have now been more assists than turnovers.  We also out rebounded a tough team and had a great chance/look to win at the end.  Don’t get me wrong I’d rather win but this is a loss I can feel proud of our team afterwards AND feel like it’s still a positive step 

Well just call me an idiot because I just went to read views on Kobe on our other sites and found one very disturbing.  Of course this post would be on rivals but it shows you how bad some on social media can be.  He called Kobe a rapist and he deserved what he got but know the media won't mention this in their stories about Kobe.  Just can't believe there are actual people out there with this kind of mental capacity but there are idiots every where.  Of course there was your usual post about a new coach and why is it to early to talk about who the new coach will be.

Also in the pre game show on the radio they were talking to Turgeon.  He said the difference the last few games with his team was that they are playing with more confidence.  He said that his players wee reading to much social media and it really effected them with all the negative things they were reading.  So if you really don't think what fans say on social media does not effect some players then this should show you it does have an impact.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well just call me an idiot because I just went to read views on Kobe on our other sites and found one very disturbing.  Of course this post would be on rivals but it shows you how bad some on social media can be.  He called Kobe a rapist and he deserved what he got but know the media won't mention this in their stories about Kobe. 

His past transgressions was the lead in on the announcement of his death on CNN.

Real clASS act

1 minute ago, DWB said:

His past transgressions was the lead in on the announcement of his death on CNN.

Real clASS act

I guess you just needed to read this idiots post because he sounded like a deranged lunatic.  It is part of his past and should be said but not at this time.  It was  just how evil this poster sounded and it was not just for show.

Archived