Ramsey enters Transfer Portal

KDB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great teammate, completely understand why he would leave. IU's finally in a place where guys leaving doesn't destroy the roster/season. Team captains leave and we can fill their spots without blinking an eye. Doesn't mean those guys will not be missed, they will be, but them leaving doesn't sink the ship. I hope he comes back to coach some day. 

I have nothing but respect for this young man.  I wish him well no matter where he lands and I will be an instant fan for his continued success.  I have no idea what his long term plans are, but would love to see him go into coaching.  He certainly has the pedigree, IQ, and temperament to be successful.  Would love it he made it back to IU some day in that regard.

1 minute ago, FWIUFan said:

I have no idea what his long term plans are, but would love to see him go into coaching.  He certainly has the pedigree, IQ, and temperament to be successful.

There's a few thousand Cincinnati Elder alumni that wouldn't argue with you one bit. 

Sucks. Dude was a warrior this year and gave us all he had for the duration of his tenure at IU, but I understand. If I were him, I'd be looking to grad transfer to a school with a better academic reputation than Fresno St. I get that he wants to play some more, and under DeBoer, he'd be basically ready to go. But I'd also have to consider the educational advantages that a full scholarship provides to a school a bit more academically prestigious than FS. Just my .02. 

Penix has yet to overcome injury questions. Tuttle has minimal experience. Both have talent. Honestly takes my confidence about building off this past season's success down a bit. Maybe not so much long term, but immediately next year it will be a significant loss of stability at the most important position on the field. Hope Peyton is successful at Fresno or wherever he goes. I find the he and Cronk transferring to be concerning, despite the fact that it indicates that our talent level is improving.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:01 AM, btownqb said:

Congrats 

What would IU have been this past year without Peyton?? I have zero clue why you would give me a congrats!! I want IU to do well in everything but apparently the current administration could not care less other than sitting court side and THEM being on TV!!

Trust me I love what Ramsey did for IU. The truth is Penix is the one who could take us further! Yes he needs to stay healthy and that is a question, but he is our starting Qb next year if Ramsey stays are not. Penix upside is off the charts and we all know it. So I get it, Peyton good luck and I hope you come back home to coach us someday! 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, jv1972iu said:

Interesting.   You have a source that you can share?  Or you just playing Carnac?

Ramsey himself. I played football here for a year and half, currently still a Junior here at school. Saw him at Kilroys two Fridays ago, and I mentioned Fresno and Cincinnati and he laughed. Told me it was the three I just listed. If I had to guess it will be Boston College because they were recruiting him hard out of high school. 

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Ramsey himself. I played football here for a year and half, currently still a Junior here at school. Saw him at Kilroys two Fridays ago, and I mentioned Fresno and Cincinnati and he laughed. Told me it was the three I just listed. If I had to guess it will be Boston College because they were recruiting him hard out of high school. 

Yep...I would agree with that guess also.

Archived