Ramsey enters Transfer Portal

KDB

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be interesting battle between him and former 5* Hunter Johnson. 

I don't think it will be much of a battle.  Johnson averaged 4 yards per pass on 108 attempts with 1 TD and 4 interceptions.  I would think Ramsey has a pretty good idea he will be the starter or else he would have picked somewhere else.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Tommy Stevens was a fool for not going to IU. 

There have been a lot of highly ranked QBs leave the state lately, and very few have panned out.  I looked back on the last 10 years, and all of the QBs from Indiana who were top 1000 national recruits have transferred except one.  Johnson, Stevens, Peters, Etling, Kiel, and Roberson all transferred.  Aidan Smith for Northwestern is the only one who didn't.  I'd love to get a guy like McCulley in this coming class and show that top Indiana QBs can succeed here.

53 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

There have been a lot of highly ranked QBs leave the state lately, and very few have panned out.  I looked back on the last 10 years, and all of the QBs from Indiana who were top 1000 national recruits have transferred except one.  Johnson, Stevens, Peters, Etling, Kiel, and Roberson all transferred.  Aidan Smith for Northwestern is the only one who didn't.  I'd love to get a guy like McCulley in this coming class and show that top Indiana QBs can succeed here.

It's why I hope Brady Allen gives some thought to staying close to home.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's why I hope Brady Allen gives some thought to staying close to home.

The timing would be perfect.  Penix and Tuttle will either be seniors or gone, so a redshirt year and then compete for the starting role as a RS Freshman.  Or, if one of Penix or Tuttle are gone, come in and compete with Williams to be #2 as a freshman.

21 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The timing would be perfect.  Penix and Tuttle will either be seniors or gone, so a redshirt year and then compete for the starting role as a RS Freshman.  Or, if one of Penix or Tuttle are gone, come in and compete with Williams to be #2 as a freshman.

Saw Allen in a camp this past summer. Kid has all the tools to step in day 1 and start. Hopefully the timing syncs up with him at IU....but I know the bigger stage is calling. Like you said in earlier post. So many kids leave this state. Wish one would choose us.

• 1 month later...

Thought it was a pretty nice gesture that IU Football twitter account congratulated Peyton on graduating this past hour. We all know of coaches who hold grudges or whatever....but glad to see the guys in charge aren't among them. Little things like this all add up. 

On 3/9/2020 at 6:43 PM, Leathernecks said:

Zach Terrell from Homestead was not even close to top 1000 and he turned out pretty well at W. Michigan. Even got drafted by the Ravens.

Some under the radar kids who come from bigger, successful programs, end up developing much beyond their rankings 

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Zach Terrell from Homestead was not even close to top 1000 and he turned out pretty well at W. Michigan. Even got drafted by the Ravens.

Some under the radar kids who come from bigger, successful programs, end up developing much beyond their rankings 

Avon, Dectaur Central, Lawrence Central, Columbus East, Brownsburg, and Terre Haute South... thats where those guys went to HS. 

You don't really get any bigger than that, for the most part. 

Archived