Rodney McGraw (2021) Flips to Penn State

KDB

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No doubt. It’s crazy to see so much high-end talent in one class for the state of Indiana. Can’t remember so many 4*/top 250 guys in a given class in some time. 

Just looked at 247, and there are 9 guys in the state in the top 400 this coming year. Last year there were only 3. The year before, there were 6. In 2018 there were only 3.

Definitely a good year to focus on some in state recruiting for both of our schools.

Matt Weaver has talked to a lot of the younger guys.  He says that the IU message is resonating with these younger guys from 2021 and 2022.  They like the upswing IU is on, as well as the LEO culture.  They like the new locker rooms and all that, and Weaver says the kids are really impressed by the strength and conditioning program with Dr Rhea and David Ballou.  

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Just looked at 247, and there are 9 guys in the state in the top 400 this coming year. Last year there were only 3. The year before, there were 6. In 2018 there were only 3.

Definitely a good year to focus on some in state recruiting for both of our schools.

It will be interesting to see where the top guys end up going honestly. Where do you think they’ll end up?

Can't state how big this pick up truly is. To get such a highly talented kid this early in the process over the likes of PSU, UM, PU, and others is just massive for this class and the program. I have a REALLY good feeling about this 2021 class and truly think this could be the class that takes us to the next step as a program. McGraw is already posting about IU and I love it!! Keep it up CTA!!!

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It will be interesting to see where the top guys end up going honestly. Where do you think they’ll end up?

I have no idea. I'm not connected to the state's recruiting in any way, so I'm limited to info from Twitter and other sites. Haven't really started looking into this coming year's class yet. Mostly focused on filling in the last couple for our last class.

I would think IU would have a great shot with most of the highly rated guys. It seems like Allen's message along with a successful season are going over really well with in state guys. As far as which specific guys, no clue. Just seems to be the general vibe.

• KDB changed the title to Rodney McGraw (2021) Commits to Indiana
38 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

Excellent pickup by the Hoosiers. Right now he is at Elkhart Central, but next year those two schools combine to make one school with an enrollment just a shade under the enrollment of Penn high school which has around 3,800

Hes going to play for a good coach and a great guy. 

• 3 months later...

Archived