Rodney McGraw (2021) Flips to Penn State

KDB

Hate for this to happen but honestly it's part of the deal as we hope/try to keep moving up the program ladder. Early commit followed by coaching change. These things just happen. I feel very confident that our staff will just keep on moving. When kids choose to decommit and head to no name eastern tech we have a problem. When programs like Penn St do it...it's just part of the business. I will say Franklin has done this before. Never liked him given his behavior at Vandy...this doesn't help much either.

• KDB changed the title to Rodney McGraw (2021) Flips to Penn State
48 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This is why i hate football recruiting. A kids word means nothing until its on paper. I even hate when we flip a kid.

I agree.  Basketball recruiting is so much more satisfying because of the reliability of a commitment.  

As an aside, the scandals in basketball with runners and shoe company payoffs are probably nothing compared with football.  I’m surprised that no one has shined a light on it in an exposé of some sort.  If you put a light on football recruiting, you would see the cockroaches go running I’m sure.  

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why commit in the first place if you are not 100 percent sure of your choice.

A lot of times I agree with you, but I am fine with it in this case.  When he committed, he commented about Hagen and Ballou/Rhea, so I knew we were at risk of this happening when those coaches left.  What I don't get is why not decommit before committing to PSU?  He tweeted last week that he got an offer from Illinois, so I figured when I saw that he was as good as gone.  When you know you aren't coming here, why stay committed to IU?

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Defensive end that’s committing tomorrow. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but I think the IU staff will find a good replacement regardless.

D1DACA73-553F-4DE9-AD5F-C5BD3EEFC7D7.jpeg

All the crystal ball picks from today are picking Syracuse. I usually don't put much stock in those, but when a few people pick the same school the day before an announcement, they're rarely wrong. 

I'm holding out hope for Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge, but he's going to be a tough one to get .

12 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

All the crystal ball picks from today are picking Syracuse. I usually don't put much stock in those, but when a few people pick the same school the day before an announcement, they're rarely wrong. 

I'm holding out hope for Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge, but he's going to be a tough one to get .

I agree it’s likely Syracuse but I just thought it was interesting that McGraw decommitted and this kid announced he’s committing today.

First of all.. eff Penn St. Them and Mich St EASILY my most hated Universities. 

Second... soft by this kid, but good riddance. 

Third.. if we were going to lose a top 450 player thats a DE, this is the all time best class (for us) to lose them in. We already have a top 400 DE committed and two other very highly regarded DEs in the state(one of which is 25 miles away). 

Honestly... the only thing that REALLYZ BOTHERS me is the fact that this kid was an in state kid. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

First of all.. eff Penn St. Them and Mich St EASILY my most hated Universities. 

Second... soft by this kid, but good riddance. 

Third.. if we were going to lose a top 450 player thats a DE, this is the all time best class (for us) to lose them in. We already have a top 400 DE committed and two other very highly regarded DEs in the state(one of which is 25 miles away). 

Honestly... the only thing that REALLYZ BOTHERS me is the fact that this kid was an in state kid. Oh well. 

Franklin is a great fit for PSU.  Fits right in with PSU's "ethics."

I'm glad we didn't lose our highest rated DE.  I too am confident we'll find a really good replacement.

Archived