Transfer Portal Recruiting

HoosierKix

There are a lot of great names in the portal especially at WR. Anyone hearing any names we might be contacting at all? I think I read on another sight we might be talking to Hightower the WR from Miami (FL) but personally have no ground towards that. I know we picked up the Standford Offensive Lineman Powell and we are in contact with Hamilton and Swann also, but anyone hearing any other names?

49 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

There are a lot of great names in the portal especially at WR. Anyone hearing any names we might be contacting at all? I think I read on another sight we might be talking to Hightower the WR from Miami (FL) but personally have no ground towards that. I know we picked up the Standford Offensive Lineman Powell and we are in contact with Hamilton and Swann also, but anyone hearing any other names?

Who's Hamilton?

Matt Weaver was on with the Hoosier Huddle guys.  Weaver says Devery Hamilton is not a bad tradeoff from Cronk at all.  Deverey had a good ranking coming out of high school and can play guard or tackle.

It sounds like we have a good shot with Swann.  Swann everyone may recall was a pretty highly rated recruit out of Center Grove and IIRC his brother was an IU guy at one point.  Swann went to Stanford and has been pretty solid.  Something like 7.5 tackles for loss.  He'd be a nice guy on the D-line as a grad transfer.

I'm not sure how we stand with Hightower.  He left 4 games into the season so I am not sure when he'd be eligible.  He's 6'3.  Maybe he can fill that Taysir Mack spot (I liked him).  I was chapped when he left.

With Cronk and Rammer leaving, I am not sure how many spots we have available to fill (a couple more, right?).  The guard from near Memphis really intrigues me if we can pry him away from Ole Miss.  He apparently really liked the LEO approach of Allen so let's see.  And we've got the end we got committed.  So, we have a shot to get a nice boost with 4-5 spots here.

20 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Matt Weaver was on with the Hoosier Huddle guys.  Weaver says Devery Hamilton is not a bad tradeoff from Cronk at all.  Deverey had a good ranking coming out of high school and can play guard or tackle.

It sounds like we have a good shot with Swann.  Swann everyone may recall was a pretty highly rated recruit out of Center Grove and IIRC his brother was an IU guy at one point.  Swann went to Stanford and has been pretty solid.  Something like 7.5 tackles for loss.  He'd be a nice guy on the D-line as a grad transfer.

I'm not sure how we stand with Hightower.  He left 4 games into the season so I am not sure when he'd be eligible.  He's 6'3.  Maybe he can fill that Taysir Mack spot (I liked him).  I was chapped when he left.

With Cronk and Rammer leaving, I am not sure how many spots we have available to fill (a couple more, right?).  The guard from near Memphis really intrigues me if we can pry him away from Ole Miss.  He apparently really liked the LEO approach of Allen so let's see.  And we've got the end we got committed.  So, we have a shot to get a nice boost with 4-5 spots here.

Do we lead with Hamilton and Swann then?

Weaver said Devery was in town last week and the visit went great. He was roommates with Dylan Powell at Stanford so that sounds like a plus. He also is looking at Pitt and Duke, so that’s his final three.  He’s started at both tackle and guard   

Weaver used the phrase IU is in “great shape” with Swann.  Weaver cites Swann in stating the idea that Devery would have guys around he knows.   

As an aside, out of our young guys, Weaver is betting on Michael Katic as the guy who could step up at guard. He says the staff really likes him. Weaver is curious if Aidan Rafferty can step up as depth at tackle.  I was wondering the same thing as he was a pretty highly rated recruit   Time will tell.  

Earlier I referred to Kahlil Benson, the guard from near Memphis in Mississippi.  I said it was down to IU and Ole Miss but it’s actually between IU and Miss State and Mike Leach. I believe he was a prior commitment to Ole Miss.  He, his mom and aunt were comfortable with IU and the LEO concept when they just visited.  

19 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Hamilton is 6'7 and 300 lbs. He is a rather large man. I love the size of some of the recent priorities on the OL.

Archived