Penn State Postgame Thread

KDB

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I knew it!  But, isn't it against the board rules to have multiple screen names?

Now you also have me thinking @Stlboiler23 and @hoosiertildeath might be the same person.

When TDH was living in Bloomington, a few years back. He attended many, many IU women's basketball games. At a time when few IU fans came.  Boiler can correct me if I am wrong. However, I doubt Boiler has ever attended a Ladies IU BB game.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Fun fact regarding expectations:  Steve Alford took UCLA to the Sweet 16 3 out of his first 4 years.  Alford.  Yes Alford the hair guy and still got fired.  

Alford didn't marry the right AAU guys out there. Was DOA on arrival no matter what happened.

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just put it this way and put yourself in Jay Wright mind if we make a change after this year

1) I am an East coast guy coaching at a place that I have won two national championships in the last 4 years making great money.

2) I can have a couple of bad seasons and still have job security because I can have this job as long as I want it.

3) I can go to IU where they just they just fired a good young coach after 3 years

4) Go to IU where the fan base will turn on you in a heart beat if you are not competing for championships in 3 years.

You can insert names like Bennett and Few as well in these things as well.

I might be wrong but a 2 time champ just might have longer leash

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

I can see how people could point at how well Dayton is doing without Archie, but wouldn’t it make sense to say that it’s gonna be a hell of a lot easier to have a record of 19-2 playing in the Atlantic 10 conference instead of the Big Ten? Let’s put Dayton and the coach they have now in our conference and see how well they do. 

Think you are making the argument for those that think CAM in over his head. Anyone can win at Dayton

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just put it this way and put yourself in Jay Wright mind if we make a change after this year

1) I am an East coast guy coaching at a place that I have won two national championships in the last 4 years making great money.

2) I can have a couple of bad seasons and still have job security because I can have this job as long as I want it.

3) I can go to IU where they just they just fired a good young coach after 3 years

4) Go to IU where the fan base will turn on you in a heart beat if you are not competing for championships in 3 years.

You can insert names like Bennett and Few as well in these things as well.

Compete for National championship in year 3, we cant compete with the mighty Rutgers and Penn State

26 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Fun fact regarding expectations:  Steve Alford took UCLA to the Sweet 16 3 out of his first 4 years.  Alford.  Yes Alford the hair guy and still got fired.  

Well they also got rid of Howland after going to 3 final fours an dhow is that working out for them.

I think the thing that aggravates me the most about this loss is losing by 15 to a team that shot poorly.  Only because IUs shooting was absolutely atrocious.  Some of these guys couldn't hit a layup even if the baskets were lowered to 8ft and games played at the YMCA.  I just cant get my head around it. 

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

When TDH was living in Bloomington, a few years back. He attended many, many IU women's basketball games. At a time when few IU fans came.  Boiler can correct me if I am wrong. However, I doubt Boiler has ever attended a Ladies IU BB game.

Never attended either a women’s or men’s IU game at Assembly Hall actually. Played there when I was in high school and saw graduation but never an IU game. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is it concerning to anyone else how well Dayton is doing without Archie?  Grant is another guy that was a mid major success but failed miserably when he got to Bama.  Now he is back to a mid major at Dayton and has a top 10 team.  Just think that maybe the program should get a lot of the credit for what happened their when Archie was the coach.  We might have hired our Todd Lickliter IMO.

I feel the exact opposite. Who built the Dayton program? Who instilled the hard nosed, disciplined culture? Who recruited the upperclassmen that are playing so well? 

1 minute ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I feel the exact opposite. Who built the Dayton program? Who instilled the hard nosed, disciplined culture? Who recruited the upperclassmen that are playing so well? 

I don’t know, who?

Is that team currently ranked whatever filled with Archie’s players?

5 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Is there any chance we might be over reacting to 1 loss? I understand the continuing frustration and play, but we just beat a final four contender in Michigan State and lost by one to a top 20 team who shot light out by 1. I’m just throwing it out there 

Kinda seems to be what some on here LIKE doing 😕

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't understand your point? Typically the players that are the best at shooting, passing, dribbling, rebounding, etc., are the best basketball players. The best basketball players are usually the guys that are highly thought of as basketball players, no? There's a reason all those guys I listed for Villanova and UVA were highly ranked, because they're good at basketball. There's a reason 10 of the 12 guys I listed between those two teams have played in the NBA. 

Our points are somewhat the same but I am also saying that regardless of rankings, we need guys that can flat out shoot.  Not all highly ranked recruits have this skill.  Nor are all of them leaders or like to play hard.  IU needs to have at least 2-3 guys on the roster at all times that can fill one of these roles or we will continue to spin our wheels

9 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Our points are somewhat the same but I am also saying that regardless of rankings, we need guys that can flat out shoot.  Not all highly ranked recruits have this skill.  Nor are all of them leaders or like to play hard.  IU needs to have at least 2-3 guys on the roster at all times that can fill one of these roles or we will continue to spin our wheels

Can any of the guys coming in next year shoot? I don’t think any of them are pure shooters but can one of them at least make the opposing team worry? 

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think the thing that aggravates me the most about this loss is losing by 15 to a team that shot poorly.  Only because IUs shooting was absolutely atrocious.  Some of these guys couldn't hit a layup even if the baskets were lowered to 8ft and games played at the YMCA.  I just cant get my head around it. 

Psu shot VERY poorly 

44 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Is there any chance we might be over reacting to 1 loss? I understand the continuing frustration and play, but we just beat a final four contender in Michigan State and lost by one to a top 20 team who shot light out by 1. I’m just throwing it out there 

I think that’s why losing this one in  non-competitive fashion is MORE frustrating ...sets back the progress of the last four games 

Archived