Penn State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Hoosier83 said:

Is there any chance we might be over reacting to 1 loss? I understand the continuing frustration and play, but we just beat a final four contender in Michigan State and lost by one to a top 20 team who shot light out by 1. I’m just throwing it out there 

Of course we are that's why we are fanatics.  The concerning thing for many is how can you do those things you just spoke of and follow it up with the most uninspiring game possible.  When you consistently see that difference between home and away some questions need to be asked 

33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course we are that's why we are fanatics.  The concerning thing for many is how can you do those things you just spoke of and follow it up with the most uninspiring game possible.  When you consistently see that difference between home and away some questions need to be asked 

Mental midgets and me first players

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Color me an optimist but right now IU is 15-6 (5-5) with a minimum of 11 games left to play.  5 at home 5 away and 1 BTT tournament game. Finish 20-11 plus whatever happened in BTT.  Still think this is a tourney team. 

But I am going to be patient and take it 1 game at a time and definitely NOT speculate on next year already.  WTF?

I could die tomorrow and next year dont matter.

Being optimistic is frowned upon on this board after a loss. If you need proof scroll through the last 17 pages of this thread. We win and this board says we turned a corner, we lose and everybody jumps off a cliff. Also, I agree with your optimism but be careful sharing your encouraging thoughts on this board right now: You’re going to get 10-20 reasons why youre wrong. 

10 hours ago, Hoosier83 said:

Is there any chance we might be over reacting to 1 loss? I understand the continuing frustration and play, but we just beat a final four contender in Michigan State and lost by one to a top 20 team who shot light out by 1. I’m just throwing it out there 

This is a fair point, and I'll be the first to admit that I come here after losses to vent a bit, and reading posts from others on this board can sometimes help to talk me off the ledge, in a sense. I'd say at this point in the season and CAM's career at IU, it's reasonable to have a number of different opinions on the situation, even ones that are contradictory. 

38 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Being optimistic is frowned upon on this board after a loss. If you need proof scroll through the last 17 pages of this thread. We win and this board says we turned a corner, we lose and everybody jumps off a cliff. Also, I agree with your optimism but be careful sharing your encouraging thoughts on this board right now: You’re going to get 10-20 reasons why youre wrong. 

Against Maryland at home he lost all other road games minus Nebraska we got killed, bad effort etc.. big difference between the 2. 

No one was jumping off the cliffs after our Maryland loss. We have lost 3 out of our last 5 correct? 

10 hours ago, Hoosier83 said:

Can any of the guys coming in next year shoot? I don’t think any of them are pure shooters but can one of them at least make the opposing team worry? 

Just from highlights it appears that Geronimo can shoot well and Leal is know to be  shooter

1 hour ago, Hoosier83 said:

This isn't exactly a true statement.  Other than a few who will always say fire CAM, most of these 17 pages have been about what is wrong with the team.  There is nothing wrong with having different opinions on the team, the coach and/or a player.  You'rte entitled to be optimistic and perfectly happy with the coach and where the team is.  You have the right to put that in this forum and defend you opinion.  And those who don't agree with you, whether before or after a loss have every right to do the same.  I applaud your optimism and hope you're right.  Continue to beat that drum and post positive things.  But like many others, i have a different opinion on the state of Indiana basketball and do my best to post my opinion in a well though out way.  Most are not jumping off the cliff.  Most are not rallying around the fire CAM banner.  Most are just either being critical of our play or of the coach, which is fair and not uncommon across every known sports forum in every country of the world.

Please continue to a ray of light in what many consider a somewhat dark time.  But respect that others don't think like you and that is OK.  Make your case and defend, but do without using blanket statements to encompass everyone who doesn't fall in line with your belief.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just from highlights it appears that Geronimo can shoot well and Leal is know to be  shooter

Leal can shoot, but he is not a shooter.  JBJ, Roth, Hulls were shooter’s, Leal is not anywhere close to that level.  I would expect Leal to come in play limited minutes and shoot maybe 35% from 3.  I would fully expect him to be probably our 5th guard 6th if we get a grad transfer.  

20 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Leal can shoot, but he is not a shooter.  JBJ, Roth, Hulls were shooter’s, Leal is not anywhere close to that level.  I would expect Leal to come in play limited minutes and shoot maybe 35% from 3.  I would fully expect him to be probably our 5th guard 6th if we get a grad transfer.  

Thats consistent with other percentage estimates I’ve heard but I know little to nothing about Geronimo

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He held and IU offer and had been to campus. So that sounds made up

Not "made up" at all

"Indiana did not always lead for Langford – not even close. When he cut his list to three schools before the season, he was starting to like Indiana a little more. But not long before to that? “IU was definitely not on my mind,” he said. “I just didn’t see myself going to IU.”

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The reason people are worried despite being 15-6 is because at least 10 of those wins came against really weak teams.

4 of our 5 conference wins have come against the last 3 teams in the conference standings. We are 1-5 against everybody else. 

Stop posting facts.

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The reason people are worried despite being 15-6 is because at least 10 of those wins came against really weak teams.

4 of our 5 conference wins have come against the last 3 teams in the conference standings. We are 1-5 against everybody else. 

And 4 of those 5 losses are road games. Yes ugly but hardly anyone is winning on the road and IU isn't the only team that's been blown out on the road. 

32 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

And 4 of those 5 losses are road games. Yes ugly but hardly anyone is winning on the road and IU isn't the only team that's been blown out on the road. 

That is a fair point the road has been horrible for everyone ...but ...we are being blown out more consistently than we are being competitive 

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, conveniently leaving out "facts" like beating FSU, OSU (who, while you point to them at the bottom of the conference, were once ranked in the top 5), and MSU...

Those are amazing wins and the Maryland loss was even a great game but we aren’t ever going to be a threat without consistency.....beating those teams you mentioned should mean we are good enough to compete in the road games we’ve played 

17 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

That is a fair point the road has been horrible for everyone ...but ...we are being blown out more consistently than we are being competitive 

We haven't won away from home against a tournament team this season..  We have more chances at it but it doesn't bode well for postseason play.

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

We haven't won away from home against a tournament team this season..  We have more chances at it but it doesn't bode well for postseason play.

Fair, but we have won on a neutral floor against a good team. 

The team definitely has to play better on the road, but at this point we DO look like a tourney team.

At this point, the goal should be to a) hold serve at home, b) play better and get a W on the road, and c) make the tourney. Do those things and we'll have a better chance at advancing in the tourney, it will take care of itself.

Archived