Penn State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

well... i got in the habit a long time ago of getting to school early since i usually have bball after school, i try to get things done before school starts.  but we have to be at school no later than 740am.  i don't really have a long commute, but i have two teenagers i have to get up, get going, and get out the door which is quite the struggle!

Understand that

I would hope that at the end of this year that Archie would sit down with the players and tell them that if things don't change then some might need to look elsewhere to play.  He probably wishes he had done this when he first got here and brought in who he thought was his guys.  We shouldn't still see these same players doing the same stupid things after 3 years.

Just now, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Also why did Anderson and green get that much playing time ?!?

Anderson, Durham, Green and Smith can spend the rest of the season on the bench for all i care.  Green is unreliable, Al is out of control most of the time, Smith can be so lazy at time, and Anderson can't throw water into the ocean.

Go with CAM's guys and DD and win or lose on their shoulders while building for next year.  Because honestly even if we make the tourney, most likely we're a first round out.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Anderson, Durham, Green and Smith can spend the rest of the season on the bench for all i care.  Green is unreliable, Al is out of control most of the time, Smith can be so lazy at time, and Anderson can't throw water into the ocean.

Go with CAM's guys and DD and win or lose on their shoulders while building for next year.  Because honestly even if we make the tourney, most likely we're a first round out.

Playing like last night Arkansas or Wisconsin we are an easy first round out 

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know if people are calling you crazy or what but it sounds like you take more joy in potentially being right about our team failing on the road than offering up a solution??. As of right now we are 7, 8, or 9 seed on every tourney projection out there. We lost on the road to a top 25 team. Our seed line isn't going to get worse after that....or much worse with another loss on Saturday. 

sorry if it comes across that way, but is certainly not the case.  i hate losing in anything.  literally anything.  i love Hoosier bball.  i'm just not Mr. Sunshine.  and people did get personal and tell me i didn't understand bball, etc., etc.  that's fine.  i just personally disagree with people, but don't attack them.

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Playing like last night Arkansas or Wisconsin we are an easy first round out 

The more I watch games like these away from Assembly Hall, the more I feel like we don’t have much of a shot at winning a game in the tournament if we do manage to make it.  I‘d be pretty surprised if we shot above 30% or scored 60 points in one of those giant arenas they play the tournament in.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

sorry if it comes across that way, but is certainly not the case.  i hate losing in anything.  literally anything.  i love Hoosier bball.  i'm just not Mr. Sunshine.  and people did get personal and tell me i didn't understand bball, etc., etc.  that's fine.  i just personally disagree with people, but don't attack them.

The postgame thread after a loss where we looking like complete garbage when most of us thought we were (finally) turning a corner is probably not the best time to bring up that you may be right about our season ending in doom and gloom, ya know?

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The more I watch games like these away from Assembly Hall, the more I feel like we don’t have much of a shot at winning a game in the tournament if we do manage to make it.  I‘d be pretty surprised if we shot above 30% or scored 60 points in one of those giant arenas they play the tournament in.

Well we are undefeated in neutral site games winning at Bankers Life and Madison Square Garden, both huge venues.

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And it’s sad because if you get our Michigan st or Maryland version with the instability in the top 25 this year we could legitimately play into a sweet sixteen or elite 8 with a chance to do more ....playing like last night Wisconsin or Arkansas we get embarrassed even at a neutral site 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am not one who wants Archie gone but I think the two mistakes he made was not cleaning house right away and taking Anderson over Aaron Henry.  In hindsight that cleaning house and taking the chance of missing the tournament because of APR was worth the risk.

He didn’t take Anderson over Henry he offered Henry first then Anderson and Anderson committed first. It was also said Henry offer was still on the table but committed to MSU instead.

11 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Guards were 3-29 from the field. 

9 assists with 16 turnovers

The sad thing is that Penn State did not look that great to me.

Lets see which team shows up at OSU. 

Look at penn states shooting percentages !!! They DIDNT look great ...we just looked worse.  Super frustrating and we had played four straight games ( other than first 5 minutes against Rutgers ) were we had avoided this 

11 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Green is probably the worst post feeder we’ve had in my 45 years of watching IU basketball.

Overall, it is not ok that he’s good sometimes.  Reliability and consistency from your senior leader are crucial.  

The notion that these guys don’t want the fans eating their own is wholly ridiculous.  You can’t come out here, be all over the map with your performance, sometimes not give effort, get off track mentally, and expect a lollipop after the game.  It’s an absurd criticism of IU fans.  

Couldn’t agree more bob

Archived