Archies Third Year.

jojo123

The first two were horrible. He lost the team in each of those years. The jury is still out on this year, but I believe this is his worst coaching job to date. He still plays Green, Horrible decision! Green and Smith continue to show up with that body language that would make a preacher curse. How much do the players on this team really care? Why does the coach not see this attitude? He says he is only going to play the ones that play hard and want to be here. Really! Still playing the entire bench. So what is it. The Coach or the Players? or Both? 

Anyone have the answers? This is year three and we are still seeing the same weak minded play we saw in year one. 

3 hours ago, jojo123 said:

The first two were horrible. He lost the team in each of those years. The jury is still out on this year, but I believe this is his worst coaching job to date. He still plays Green, Horrible decision! Green and Smith continue to show up with that body language that would make a preacher curse. How much do the players on this team really care? Why does the coach not see this attitude? He says he is only going to play the ones that play hard and want to be here. Really! Still playing the entire bench. So what is it. The Coach or the Players? or Both? 

Anyone have the answers? This is year three and we are still seeing the same weak minded play we saw in year one. 

Yeah, my answer is don't watch.  It will be easier on you.  

3 hours ago, jojo123 said:

Answer is really quite simple.  Give him a chance to coach his recruits.   Years 1 and 2 really dont count.  Let's see what happens next year.  This kind of talk is really unproductive at this point in time.

4 hours ago, jojo123 said:

You know, my dad use to always say "better to be quiet and have everybody in the room think you're an idiot rather than open your mouth and prove them right". Jojo, maybe you should just close your mouth for a bit and let the season play itself out. My team and coach are on the floor!

7 hours ago, IUFan4Life said:

You know, my dad use to always say "better to be quiet and have everybody in the room think you're an idiot rather than open your mouth and prove them right". Jojo, maybe you should just close your mouth for a bit and let the season play itself out. My team and coach are on the floor!

Your Dad did was wise by paraphrasing my favorite Lincoln quote. I used it for years with my students 

8 hours ago, Rogermci said:

Answer is really quite simple.  Give him a chance to coach his recruits.   Years 1 and 2 really dont count.  Let's see what happens next year.  This kind of talk is really unproductive at this point in time.

There's no reason why we can't have discussions about CAM's coaching ability in year 3. It's a message board, and it's a hot topic with varying opinions. Otherwise, we're just sitting around in an echo chamber telling ourselves CAM is the greatest coach ever until we're completely irrelevant as a program. At the least, it gives fans a chance to vent their frustrations, which can be productive.

That being said, I also agree with your first section - he deserves the opportunity to have at least one team comprised of his own players, especially considering that we have seen some improvement this year, particularly with respect to defense and rebounding.

2 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

There's no reason why we can't have discussions about CAM's coaching ability in year 3. It's a message board, and it's a hot topic with varying opinions. Otherwise, we're just sitting around in an echo chamber telling ourselves CAM is the greatest coach ever until we're completely irrelevant as a program. At the least, it gives fans a chance to vent their frustrations, which can be productive.

That being said, I also agree with your first section - he deserves the opportunity to have at least one team comprised of his own players, especially considering that we have seen some improvement this year, particularly with respect to defense and rebounding.

Correct.

How is ANY of this “productive,” anyway?  It’s a pastime, or an amateur (for most of us, at least, as it appears to this newcomer that BGleas actually somehow made a living in the sport) interest, or something like a hobby ...

I’m reminded of nothing so much as earnest fans, after a loss, urging their fellow message boarders that “we need to concentrate on the next game.”  No, WE don’t need to do any such thing.

11 hours ago, Rogermci said:

Even if that were true. It’s not there are tons of examples of coaches being successful in 3 years. 

Archie has had one of his player for 3 years. Race is a decent player but I would have expected more from a top 100 kid in his 3rd year. 

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Even if that were true. It’s not there are tons of examples of coaches being successful in 3 years. 

Archie has had one of his player for 3 years. Race is a decent player but I would have expected more from a top 100 kid in his 3rd year. 

Well Race was out most of last year with a terrible concussion and just got injured again after having a good game.

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Only thing that tells me is Archie has a knack of recruiting players that are oft injured. Phinisee, Hunter, Thompson. 

Like you can see that a player will get hurt when you are recruiting them Two was concussions and can't do anything about that.  The other was a medical condition that no one could have predicted.  we get it you don't like Archie but to start blaming him for players injuries is hysterical.

1st Year - Incomplete Roster and loss of 75% of scoring.

2nd Year - Injuries Ravaged the Team.  If we had any semblance of consistency for just 10% more the year with no injuries, we make the tourney.

3rd Year - Still on pace to improve record and make tourney is a brutal conference from top to bottom and arguably better than the first two years. 

Please stop it with this crap.  If you can't see the change in type of players coming in and how that will mature along with Archie's coaching ability, then I got nothing.   I know, why don't you call a meeting at the barber shop on main street to question his coaching and campaign for yet another coaching change.  Trust me, it will be a mistake.  Archie is going to be a top notch coach with some more seasons under his belt.

Just now, IUALUM03 said:

1st Year - Incomplete Roster and loss of 75% of scoring.

2nd Year - Injuries Ravaged the Team.  If we had any semblance of consistency for just 10% more the year with no injuries, we make the tourney.

3rd Year - Still on pace to improve record and make tourney is a brutal conference from top to bottom and arguably better than the first two years. 

Please stop it with this crap.  If you can't see the change in type of players coming in and how that will mature along with Archie's coaching ability, then I got nothing.   I know, why don't you call a meeting at the barber shop on main street to question his coaching and campaign for yet another coaching change.  Trust me, it will be a mistake.  Archie is going to be a top notch coach with some more seasons under his belt.

Agreed.  Dude is 41, let him grow with the job. We cut him loose and he blows up, then we will definitely be kicking ourselves. 

Archived